1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Crepe Crate

I spotted a new store front where Blue Man Grill was originally; across from The Giant Chicken.
The name on the front is Crepe Crate. That's all I know....
Old 07-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Branson View Post
I spotted a new store front where Blue Man Grill was originally; across from The Giant Chicken.
The name on the front is Crepe Crate. That's all I know....
https://www.facebook.com/CrepeCrate
Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
Ms_Terese
Local Member

My husband just had a seizure when I told him there was a crepe restaurant open. We're going for lunch. Will report back later.

The Karma Farmer Blog
Old 07-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
OKCtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Anxiously awaiting your review of the restaurant. Might be there tomorrow if it's good!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
arkansan

Ready to see a review!!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
Ms_Terese
Local Member

Here we go! Please keep in mind this restaurant has JUST OPENED, and I've only eaten ONE meal there. The menu is still transitioning, and may well change before you visit.

The prices are incredibly reasonable, but if you have a hearty appetite, I highly recommend getting more than one crepe, or a crepe and a side dish. On this visit, I had the asparagus and bacon crepe, along with a traditional cheese crepe with strawberry. DH had a sweet strawberry crepe and the bourbon carrots.

The asparagus & bacon crepe is exactly that: asparagus and bacon, and the right quantities of each for a crepe. There is a dijon mustard sauce that I didn't think I was going to like in the combination, but ended up using the last bit of crepe to scoop it up. Surprise #1!

Surprise #2 was the traditional cheese crepe with strawberry. It wasn't made with the cream cheese base I was used to, but with cottage cheese. Different, but the more I ate, the more I liked it. The server/owner (she's wearing several hats right now) explained that in her family, they always made them with cottage cheese. Different, but it works.

Surprise #3 was DH's sweet strawberry crepe. It's made with ricotta. He didn't care for it much, honestly. To him, it wasn't sweet, and the ricotta texture was not smooth enough. He was honest with our server about it, and she really appreciated the feedback. They're going to make some tweaks.

Surprise #4, the carrots! Little tiny carrots in a luscious bourbon glaze. We ate every single one.

Don't hesitate to ask for something that may not be on the menu. We heard that some people have asked for Nutella filling (oh, yum), or peanut butter/banana. While I can't promise, I get the feeling the owners will accommodate any request that they possibly can.

I expect that the menu offerings will be developing over the next few weeks. In the meantime, if you're not used to crepes as a meal, trust the servers to make some recommendations.

By the way, they're located on Hwy. 76 where the original Blue Man Grill was, right across from the entrance to Tanger. They also have a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CrepeCrate?fref=ts

The Karma Farmer Blog
Old 07-31-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
Ms_Terese
Local Member

It's been 3 weeks since we've been there. Has anyone else stopped in? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

The Karma Farmer Blog
Old 07-31-2013, 06:48 PM   #8
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Haven't yet had the chance but hope to try them in the next few days when I can actually get away for lunch.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #9
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Terese View Post
It's been 3 weeks since we've been there. Has anyone else stopped in?
I haven't been to Branson since they opened, but rest assured, next time I visit, I will definitely go there! I love crepes .... just had them on Tuesday.

Terese, since I know you have St. Louis roots/connections, & sounds like your husband loves crepes, have you ever been to the City Coffee House & Creperie in Clayton? I've been 3 times now & just haven't brought myself to the point where I will try something other than their "The Brittany", which is ham, asparagus, spinach, havarti cheese with a drizzle of Hollandaise sauce on top. YUMM! Maybe next time, I'll brave it and try another kind. It's a walk up & order type of place where they give you a number & then bring your food to you. My goddaughter had their quiche on Tuesday, and my taste of it was very good too. Only thing I don't care about the place is the noise. It's quite crowded over the lunch hour, & they close around 2:30 pm or so, I think.

http://www.citycoffeeandcreperie.com/
Old 09-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

In looking at their facebook page I noticed they also now have a very good looking Reuben on the menu.
Sounds like a place I'll have to try on our next visit to Branson.
Any more recent reviews?
Old 09-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #11
johnnylm

crepe crate

already out of business. for rent in the window
Old 09-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #12
lsheagney
Ultra Member

Seems like that place is not a good place to open a business.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #13
Ms_Terese
Local Member

I knew it would be rough. They had absolutely NO marketing or advertising, and you just can't open a retail business without it.

The Karma Farmer Blog
Old 09-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #14
arkansan

Well, I guess I can mark that one off of my list to try when we go to Branson next week.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #15
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansan View Post
Well, I guess I can mark that one off of my list to try when we go to Branson next week.
Drat! Me too! I'm arriving Thursday & was looking forward to crepes for one of my meals during my stay!

Is anyone familiar with the Aviary Cafe & Creperie in Springfield, located downtown on the southeast corner of Walnut and Jefferson (directions from their website)? I just might have to stop there on my way back out of Branson to home & have my crepe "fix"!

http://www.aviarycafe.com

Closed Thread