REVIEW: Billy Bob's Dairyland Branson Dining
Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining
Register FAQ Members List Event Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
thesaint
Branson-lover

REVIEW: Billy Bob's Dairyland

I know we live here, and yes, we're slow, but we FINALLY got out and tried Billy Bob's for a late lunch today. I've read over and over on this board that they have the best burgers in town (as other places have also claimed), so we had to see for ourselves.

What can I say....our Branson Board friends are right again! Wow...what a huge, juicy, thick, tasty burger it was (had to be 1/2 lb of meat)...mmmmm, I can still taste it....

I thought it was a tad pricey, but for what you get, it was worth it...crinkle-cut fries were hot and crispy (one order was enough for both of us), cheese was melted to perfection, bun was soft outside and lightly toasted inside. Two cheeseburgers, one order of fries, and 2 drinks ran us $17 and change. Wanted to try a fried pie (they have about 20 flavors!), but was too stuffed - maybe next time (and there will be a next time...very soon!). Also, when you go, be aware that they do NOT accept credit cards...only cash or checks...so it was a good thing we didn't order that fried pie...

Also like the corner jukebox cranking out the REAL "oldies"...original 50's music we love that just "sets the mood" for a burger/fries/shake kind of place. A fun atmosphere, very clean, and delish food...what more do you want? Yep, it's Billy Bob's for us...the BEST in town!

Last edited by thesaint : 03-26-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

great review! glad you liked it and agree about the burgers!! thick n' juicy!

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 03-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
Jalva2
Super Ultra Member

Where is Billy Bob's located?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
thesaint
Branson-lover

On Hwy. 76 between Rib Crib and Grand Country complex....Billy Bob's Dairyland is a little place next to the Phillips 66 gas station. It's easy to miss, because you usually don't expect to find a good place to eat at a gas station!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
Jalva2
Super Ultra Member

Thanks! I'll look for it next time we're in town!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Good review! We love Billy Bob's and eat there every time we're in Branson.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #7
kstater1997
Ultra Member

Old 03-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #8
shis1
Str8fn

Our 11 year old grandson will be spending a 'short time' with us in Branson soon and he asked "I will get to eat at BillyBob's, won't I?" He loves the place!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
Rackers4

We live about 3 1/2 hours from Branson and visit several times a year. For my daughters 3rd birthday we asked where she wanted to have her birthday dinner and she said BILLY BOB'S! LOL Wish we lived close enough to do that! But we are in Branson this week for Spring break and it was one of our first stops! The food is awesome and they are so friendly! It is a must stop every time we are in town!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for the great review. I agree, If it's a burger you want, Billy Bob's is The place in Branson. Others may be very good, and offer a wider variety of other menu items, but Billy Bob's is hands down the best burger in Branson.
Not all that hard to find. Next door to Rib Crib in the same building as the Phillips 66.

I DON'T ALWAYS EAT AT A BUFFET, BUT WHEN I DO I PREFER GRAND COUNTRY BUFFET!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #11
shis1
Str8fn

And there is a small article on Billy Bob's in the current issue of Missouri Life magazine.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
titleman

If those two drinks weren't malts you missed on probably the best combination Branson has to offer. Their burgers without their malts is like having apple pie but skipping the ice cream. Almost Un-American
Old 05-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #13
Tams
Super Ultra Member

And the Cherry Cokes are wonderful too.

Let me breathe the air!!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #14
csxjohn

Thumbs up Gave it a try

We stopped in for lunch yesterday 5/12/13. It was a fun place reminiscent of days gone by.

The burgers were big and juicy but for me lacked that old time burger flavor.

The malted was very large but was rather generic soft serve with a slight malt flavor.

Fries were standard frozen fare.

I did not think the price was high at all, really reasonable, $6.70 for a large cheeseburger with fries.

If if sounds as if we didn't like it, that's not true, we enjoyed the meal. I just expected it to be over the top after reading what others have written. I feel the burgers at The Blue Man were far tastier.

I doubt we'll go back because there are so many other places to try but I would recommend that visitors to the area give them a try.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #15
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Nice review csxjohn. Sometimes I think nothing has that "old time" taste. Especially hamburgers, and other beef products. Box beef, and factory ground beef just isn't the same as good ole hanging beef sides.
Hope you get a chance to try Danna's down on 165 at Fall Creek Road. Many think they also have a great burger, and also very good Q. For the best of both worlds, try the Danna Burger. Great fresh made ground beef patty, topped with Danna's pulled pork.
Did you find some live entertainment Saturday night other than theater shows?

I DON'T ALWAYS EAT AT A BUFFET, BUT WHEN I DO I PREFER GRAND COUNTRY BUFFET!

Closed Thread