1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Welcome Wagon

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
amy129

Ozark, MO

Is anyone here from Ozark, MO? If so, can you tell me about job opportunities? Is it a thriving/growing little town? It seems like the perfect distance from the large city of Springfield and from beautiful Branson. We are tossing around the idea of looking into moving there. What about the schools?

Thank you!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy129 View Post
Is anyone here from Ozark, MO? If so, can you tell me about job opportunities? Is it a thriving/growing little town? It seems like the perfect distance from the large city of Springfield and from beautiful Branson. We are tossing around the idea of looking into moving there. What about the schools?

Thank you!
The job opportunities (especially if you consider Springfield) are much better than in Branson and the schools are VERY good. I live in Nixa which is Ozark's "twin" about five miles away and enjoy it a great deal.

Good Times in Branson
Old 01-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
gabmo

Ozark is a very convenient location with easy drives to both Springfield and Branson. It is growing slower than Nixa, but it a nice place to live. As for the schools, I really don't know. My kids were grown when we moved here. If you like a small town close to good things, you will like Ozark.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy129 View Post

Thank you!
Much of my extended family lives/grew up/went to school in Ozark or very nearby. It once was a thriving 'little town' it's now a growing, sprawling area, that isn't so little anymore. In 2000 the population was 9,665 in 2010 it was 18,000. I'm don't know the dynamics where you're coming from - maybe Ozark will feel small to you?

Job Opportunities - if you are interested in working retail, there are retail opportunities in Ozark. I have put my thinking cap on, and of about 15-20 adult family members w/in 10 miles of Ozark today I can only think of two who works a FT job in Ozark, both are essentially self employed. The rest of the family who are employed work in Springfield or the surrounding communities. Several of the teens work retail, restaurants, that kind of thing.

The schools in Ozark and the surrounding schools, even the smaller ones will all provide a good quality education.

I've began to loose the boundry of where Springfield ends, and Ozark begins, it's become a blur along 65 HWY as both have grown over the years.

Closed Thread