1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Local Branson / Tri-Lakes Area Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Trobaman
Go Chiefs !!!

Branson Police Raid Tri-Lakes Church and Event Center

I will say I worked for them a few years back(Daniel O'Donnell show) and had no problems with getting paid.

not to mention great theater and people that work there.

Branson Police Raid Tri-Lakes Church and Event Center

http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=692782

BRANSON, Mo. -- The Tri-Lakes Church and Event Center in Branson was raided by police Friday.

Officers served a search warrant likely looking for financial records. The venue gave concert promoters worthless checks, leaving concert goers holding tickets to cancelled shows with no refunds.

Ticket holder Stanley Jones just wanted to see Mickey Dolenz of The Monkees, one of his favorite bands.

"Been waiting for it for a while," he says. "Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees and Peter of Herman's Hermits."

Jones spent $167 for three tickets to the September 29 show.

"I bought tickets the minute I heard they went on sale. I went up there in January and bought three tickets"

Jones says he was shocked to find not only his show but others disappeared from the list.

"I was just checking out the website for the Tri-LakesCenter and noticed that none of the shows were listed on there anymore. So after looking at a few more websites, I found out they were cancelled."

Concert promoter Up Close Concerts received tens of thousands of dollars in worthless checks from Tri-LakesCenter.

And ticket holders like Jones say Tri-Lakes told him, among other things, refunds were contingent on the sale of the building.

"They told me they weren't giving out refunds yet because all of the accounts have been frozen."

KOLR10 News stopped by the venue to find out why ticket money isn't being refunded. Instead, we were met by Branson police serving a search warrant.

Jones says he understands shows get cancelled, but he and all the other ticket holders to the six shows in the series are out thousand upon thousands of dollars.

"I've been to hundreds of concerts and there's been several that's been cancelled and I turn my tickets in and get my refund," says Jones. "I just can't let $200 -- I just can't let that go."

Court documents also show tax liens from the Missouri Department of Revenue for more than $100,000 in taxes due for 2011 naming Pastor David Betzer.

Jones has also been told the building itself is being foreclosed on. Ticket holders were repeatedly told their refunds relied upon the sale of the building.

Branson police are expected to release details from the raid at a later date.

Tri-Lakes hasn't returned repeated phone calls.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
Hollywood
Administrator

This indeed is a very sad situation. But we need to close this thread.

This is still an ongoing investigation by law enforcement, and speculation, rumors, gossip just don't help the situation. The news article speaks for itself. Some posts by individuals were deleted and we apologize for this.

I realize many of us would like to talk about this further, maybe once everything is done we will.

If you would like to post additional news articles, that is fine, but please close them for comments.

Last edited by Hollywood; 08-25-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Closed Thread