1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

What gas price will keep you from coming to Branson?

With the predicted gasoline prices exceeding $4.00 per gallon, at what point do you think you will cancel your Branson plans, or not make anymore?
As it now stands, I have plans for a few days in April, and again in May. $4.00+ per gallon isn't going to change that. I think the Gator won't be growling as loudly on Taneycomo though, as I keep a lighter touch on the Hot Foot! Also, I'll be doing more fishing in my favorite spots closer to Lilley's, and not ranging out so much!
Who knows what prices will be by the time our annual October visit along with the kids comes along. then there is our planned Branson family Thanksgiving this year!
Old 02-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
shis1
Str8fn

I don't think the price of diesel will keep us from pulling the 5th wheel to Branson, but we might stay a few days longer on each trip, rather than making shorter trips....But that's ok with me!
Old 02-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
bottomdweller

Won't effect me, we will be in Branson pretty much every weekend March - October. Of course I'm just 25-30 mins away.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
OkieAnon

I don't think unless it get's completely out of control that there is a price that would keep us from coming, however we do kind've have a budget that we set aside for vacation, and there probably would be a point where we would maybe cut back a bit on things we'll do when we get there if gas starts taking up more and more of that budget.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
Dubblewide

Yeah, there isn't a price point that would keep us from coming...but it might effect what we do once we get there... Perhaps one less show...
Old 02-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
JAKPAK

I wish the price of gas was my only problem.

Last edited by JAKPAK; 02-20-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: added word
Old 02-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #7
Don Baker Sr
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKPAK View Post
I wish the price of gas was my only problem.
Much like JAKPAK, the price of gas is not our only problem.

If we can get everybody healthy we will try to make it to Branson before school lets out.

Gas price will be a concern.

Prayers go up for JAKPAK and family....our Branson Board Buddy.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #8
LynndaofNJ
Proud American Mom

We already have our lodging reservations, SDC season passes, and updated Track cards, so gas prices will not deter us from coming to Branson this summer.

DH and I have been discussing the recent increase in the cost of gasoline; since we're fortunate to live in an area that's extremely convenient with regard to supermarkets, medical offices, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, etc., we have decided to limit our driving so that we use no more than 1 tank of gas per month. We filled-up on January 31st, so we're now 3 weeks into this plan. So far...so good.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
Gilligan
Ultra Member

We will be making a longer trip rather than several short trips over the upcoming summer and fall. We typically visit Branson 6-7 times per year. Yes, we will continue to take our boat out, but it will be parked in a nice cove somewhere instead of the usual cruising and tubing. I think we'll probably stay closer to the marina rather than head out further up or down the lake which is what we prefer - to find spots less crowded.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #10
Jalva2
Super Ultra Member

It sounds like the responses so far indicate that people will still come. If anything, they'll just spend less when they get to Branson.

Pretty much what we've been seeing the last few years, judging from prior threads.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #11
Dubblewide

Makes me ask then, who suffers the worst in Branson because of the cost of gas? Seems like the shows and attractions. People have to sleep somewhere, and will continue to eat, but would likely cut a show or mini golf session if it came down to it...
Old 02-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #12
OkieAnon

I think people will still try to do as much as they can if the price gets to where it really is hitting the vacation budget, they'll just have choices to make, and it may not even be something they realize they are doing, things like.....

let's save a little money and get take out and go back to the motel room where we don't have to pay as much for drinks

instead of going to a place that would cost 10.00 per person to eat let's go next door where it only costs 6.00 per person

maybe more people take advantage of the motel cont breakfast instead of going out for breakfast

or do you go see one show for 45.00-50.00 or see 2 for 30.00, do you check on theaters that might offer combo deals

if something does get cut, i'd guess shows, at least with family's i'd think since you gotta do something, mini golf and go karts would be cheaper than a show ticket.

guess what I was saying is, that rather than making a lot of big cut's they'll shave a little here, shave a little there to try and still fit as much as possible in.

Last edited by OkieAnon; 02-22-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #13
OkieAnon

I wonder.... I have no idea of the answer.... will high fuel prices hurt the tour bus trade? will packages for tours go up to a point that people will lose interest in them?
Old 02-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #14
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Question

I have been reading comments and articles on ''our'' response ''really'' to higher gas prices, as opposed to a gas shortage.

Here is one paragraph from an article that seems to give Branson, car and bus traffic a boost...and confidence that people will be coming no matter what.

Quote:
A factor that may be influencing consumer behavior here is the fact that way we pay for gas has changed since the 1970s. Back then, most people paid cash when they filled up at the pump. Today, it’s typically a matter of swiping a credit card and filling up your car (except in New Jersey, of course, where people still aren’t allowed to pump their own). We’ve already seen plenty of evidence over the years that credit cards cause people to spend more than they would if they used cash so it wouldn’t be surprising to see this happening at the pump as well.
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/stu...t-consumption/

"Most" people pay for their vacation with the credit card, I've been reading...in the USA. They pay for it later, interest and all...it's part of their way of life....some folks don't remember "cash or check'' only.

Where I live, ''cash or check'' is becoming a reality.....more and more businesses, and doctors, etc etc....don't take a credit card.

What if Gas Stations quit accepting Credit Cards? Then how would some make a trip to their favorite vacation spot?
Old 02-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #15
Dubblewide

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
I wonder.... I have no idea of the answer.... will high fuel prices hurt the tour bus trade? will packages for tours go up to a point that people will lose interest in them?
Good question. With Diesel at or above $4 now, it would assuredly be near $5 if gas creeps up to $4.

Just thinking outloud, because I don't know the answer either, but I don't think it would rise up to the point it becomes unattractive to tour groups. Even if the increase in fuel is $500 for the trip, divided over 30 people isn't too much of an increase...less than 20 bucks a piece.

In fact, by the vary nature of a group tour spreading cost increases over a large group, we might find more people interested in them...

But, who knows!

Closed Thread