1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
butterflyaway

Breakfast Buffets

When my husband and I were in Branson in August we noticed the Dockers was no longer open for their Breakfast Buffet (will it reopen?). We always went there at least once because they seemed to have the cheapest and one of the best bb's for $4.99. Does anyone know of any other place that has a price like that? We did try another one, Sadie's Sideboard and we didn't care for that one. My favorite is Grand Country Buffet, but it is about the most expensive one. There will be about 12 - 20 of us coming in August for the Southern Gospel Picnic and would like to have one place we all can go to for a Breakfast Buffet. Appreciate any suggestions.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflyaway View Post
When my husband and I were in Branson in August we noticed the Dockers was no longer open for their Breakfast Buffet (will it reopen?). We always went there at least once because they seemed to have the cheapest and one of the best bb's for $4.99. Does anyone know of any other place that has a price like that? We did try another one, Sadie's Sideboard and we didn't care for that one. My favorite is Grand Country Buffet, but it is about the most expensive one. There will be about 12 - 20 of us coming in August for the Southern Gospel Picnic and would like to have one place we all can go to for a Breakfast Buffet. Appreciate any suggestions.
My favorite also is the Grand Country Buffet, but as you mention it is pretty expensive. As I've gotten older and my appetite has decreased somewhat, I'm no longer a big fan of breakfast buffets. I find that for $6 - $8 I can get a fresh-cooked breakfast at Perkin's, Denny's or the Belgian Waffle House that fills me up with better quality food than you will get at a buffet. Made to order eggs will beat that watery gelatinous mess they call scrambled eggs at the buffets EVERY time! The only time buffets come out ahead is if I want to indulge my bacon fetish by eating about a half-pound of bacon with my breakfast!

Good Times in Branson
Old 02-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
Tams
Super Ultra Member

I enjoy Uptown Cafe for breakfast buffet, menu breakfast McFarlain's or Cracker Barrel.

Let me breathe the air!!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Grand Country Buffet offers made-to-order omeletts during their breakfast buffet, located where carving station is on buffet....

&&&& if you drink water with any buffett, anywhere, it'll save a couple $$ on the bill.....fwiw.....
Old 02-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
OkieAnon

McFarlains was pretty reasonable price wise a couple years ago, I don't think they had as large of a selection of food as some other buffets, but it was all very good.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #6
Finelyotuit

Grand Country Buffet is my favorite although I like Starvin' Marvin's also.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

My thoughts are you get what you pay for. Even if you don't "pig out", the quality is worth the price"

Old 02-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
shis1
Str8fn

I agree with RJW. But if you decide to stick with the lower priced buffets, you might want to try the one served at the Uptown Cafe, a restaurant on 165, just south of the intersection of 165 and 76 (The intersection where the Titanic is located) I believe their buffet is priced at just under $6 and they have an entertainer on their small stage during the breakfast hour. For the price they charge, this buffet is pretty good. biscuits/gravy, scrambled eggs, ham, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns, cinnamon rolls, the normal buffet food.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
Tams
Super Ultra Member

McFarlain's is more of a buffet breakfast you could get at a hotel. We were going to do that the last time we were there, but after reading the board as we walked in, we changed and stayed downstairs and ordered breakfast.

Let me breathe the air!!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
RevRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
McFarlains was pretty reasonable price wise a couple years ago, I don't think they had as large of a selection of food as some other buffets, but it was all very good.
I love McFarlin's buffet!!! But unless they've changed lately, the buffet is only open on Saturdays and Sundays from 7 to 11. (menu-breakfast is every day) Like you said, not a large selection, but very good quality on everything they offer....at least 3 meats, eggs, biscuits, gravy, hashbrowns, waffles, fruit, etc. for around $4.99 plus your drink. Just walk in, and head up the stairs to the loft. My family makes it a point to have breakfast there at every opportunity!
It's makin' me hungry just thinking about it .......
Old 02-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #11
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

Not a new place..nothing fancy, but we like Starvin Marvins for their breakfast buffet when we have a large group with us. Always keep their buffet well stocked and hot. Good biscuits, gravy, bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, hash browns, several different cereals..and always a nice choice of fresh fruit.
Not sure what the price is right now, but thinking it would be in the $4.99 range.
I've seen a couple of negative reveiws on here about the actual building, but the we have never been disappointed...
Old 02-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #12
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Uptown Cafe offers agreat breakfast buffet for the price!
Their cinnamon rolls melt in your mouth.....

Are they open from their winter closing?
Old 03-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #13
Cooper78

I would drive the 3.5 hours to Branson just to eat breakfast at Grand Country. Just sayin'.
The Princess, 7

Next trip to Branson: October 2014
Old 03-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #14
Cooper78

BTW, Starvin Marvin's is fairly cheap and decent. Not great, but ok.
The Princess, 7

Next trip to Branson: October 2014
Old 03-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #15
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper78 View Post
BTW, Starvin Marvin's is fairly cheap and decent. Not great, but ok.
It may be awhile before Starvin Marvin's reopens due to the tornado.

Closed Thread