Time Out Sports Bar and Grill Branson Dining
Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining
Register FAQ Members List Event Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Time Out Sports Bar and Grill

Saturday night after not finding a table, or even bar space at Outback Pub. then not even finding a place to park at the Rambunctious Rodent,. My son, and two friends went to Time Out. I haven't heard much about this place, but wanted to give it a try. Much less crowded, but probably because they didn't have a band. We were there around 8:00 PM, and the crowd was quite young. That doesn't bother me at all, I'm used to it in several of my favorites at home.
The food was very good, although we didn't get to try the chicken wings. They were to close Sunday, and will be moving to a new location in March. So they didn't keep their food stocked completely. My son had their BBQ nachos that were really good, and B I G! Our two buddies had burgers that they liked, and I had something they call pig wings. Pork shanks, seasoned like chicken wings, fried, and served with your choice of any of their wing sauces. I had the Jamaican Jerk, and it was fantastic!
I don't know where the new location will be. Our waitress didn't even know. But I'll be looking for it in March to get some more of those pig wings.

I DON'T ALWAYS EAT AT A BUFFET, BUT WHEN I DO I PREFER GRAND COUNTRY BUFFET!
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

I didn't realize they're moving. I've got friends who live right behind there. So that has been a frequent watering hole for them. those wings you didn't get to try are quite good! I appreciate that it's non-smoking inside. hope that continues!
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 01-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
I didn't realize they're moving. I've got friends who live right behind there. So that has been a frequent watering hole for them. those wings you didn't get to try are quite good! I appreciate that it's non-smoking inside. hope that continues!
I noticed that. My son asked if Branson had passed a no smoking ordinance. I didn't know, but haven't heard of it. It doesn't really bother me, but DW is bothered by smoke so if they keep it no smoking she will probably go there with me.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Saturday night after not finding a table, or even bar space at Outback Pub. then not even finding a place to park at the Rambunctious Rodent,. My son, and two friends went to Time Out. I haven't heard much about this place, but wanted to give it a try. Much less crowded, but probably because they didn't have a band. We were there around 8:00 PM, and the crowd was quite young. That doesn't bother me at all, I'm used to it in several of my favorites at home.
The food was very good, although we didn't get to try the chicken wings. They were to close Sunday, and will be moving to a new location in March. So they didn't keep their food stocked completely. My son had their BBQ nachos that were really good, and B I G! Our two buddies had burgers that they liked, and I had something they call pig wings. Pork shanks, seasoned like chicken wings, fried, and served with your choice of any of their wing sauces. I had the Jamaican Jerk, and it was fantastic!
I don't know where the new location will be. Our waitress didn't even know. But I'll be looking for it in March to get some more of those pig wings.
Pig wings huh

I didn't know the little dears could fly.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post
Pig wings huh

I didn't know the little dears could fly.
Well, I think it's foreshanks, so that's close to a wing!
Don't tell Zach they fly. That's when he'll go to that burger and BBQ place on 165!
(Can't mention it by name in the same post as Zach or I'll owe him another Blackberry Concrete at Andy's)

Old 01-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
bransonframer
Coming out of hiding

I've posted on here several times about Time Out. I believe it has, hands down, the best chicken wings I've ever had. I stopped at Coyote's in Nixa the other night because I've heard good things, but there was no comparison. My favorite sauce is the Three Alarm. My wife loves the Mango Habanero. I also like the Peanut Wasabi (doesn't taste like Wasabi) and the Jamaican Jerk. But with those, I ask the cook to sprinkle a bit of Cayenne Pepper on them to make them a tad hotter for my tastes. HUGE DISCLAIMER here though. You cannot order them any other way than naked and bone in. The boneless aren't near as good and to me, the breading takes away from the chicken flavor and they are a bit on the 'dry' side. The Pig Wings you liked are amazing as well. I really like the Chipotle BBQ sauce on mine though.

As for the new location. The new spot will be in the old Elinita's towards the West end of the strip. Consulting your map, it is essentially at the intersection of Keeter Street and Green Mountain Drive by the Day's Inn. Other nearby points of interest. The Dutton's Theater, The French Quarter, and the Toy Museum.

The bad thing I see about their new location is the Fire Department is in close proximity. It'll be a good spot for the police to hang out and nab people who have had a couple drinks and don't use their turn signals properly. They already use this drag to nab speeders to fund the operating costs of the Landing fountain.

Yes, the new location will remain smoke free. They have future plans for an outdoor smoking deck, but that will be held off until they get up and running smoothly.

I'm gonna miss the 'barn' that they are vacating. It was such an easy place to get to from the back entrance off of the new Epps extension. And that deck has such an awesome view on a pretty fall/spring day. Sadly, this is all the way across town for us and we will probably visit less frequently, but I'll still have a need for those wings. The new place will give them better visibility and a better hotel crowd, so I think this is a good move for them. I wish them well.

Last edited by bransonframer : 01-23-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Well, I think it's foreshanks, so that's close to a wing!
Don't tell Zach they fly. That's when he'll go to that burger and BBQ place on 165!
(Can't mention it by name in the same post as Zach or I'll owe him another Blackberry Concrete at Andy's)
When pigs fly yes, that's when i'll go to that place!!

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 01-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

My wife loves the Mango Habanero. I also like the Peanut Wasabi (doesn't taste like Wasabi) and the Jamaican Jerk. But with those, I ask the cook to sprinkle a bit of Cayenne Pepper on them to make them a tad hotter for my tastes. HUGE DISCLAIMER here though. You cannot order them any other way than naked and bone in. The boneless aren't near as good and to me, the breading takes away from the chicken flavor and they are a bit on the 'dry' side. The Pig Wings you liked are amazing as well. I really like the Chipotle BBQ sauce on mine though.

so, pray tell, they do have boneless?? due to religious reasons i cannot eat anything with a bone in it.... my curiousness is do they offer the boneless in the other flavor designs you mentioned?

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 01-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #9
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Quote:
The new spot will be in the old Elinita's towards the West end of the strip.
Are you sure farmer? That sounds like the place our waitress told me they had planned to move to, but the deal fell through. Don't remember for sure, but that sounds familiar.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
I noticed that. My son asked if Branson had passed a no smoking ordinance. I didn't know, but haven't heard of it. It doesn't really bother me, but DW is bothered by smoke so if they keep it no smoking she will probably go there with me.
as near as i see at my occasional drop by at Denny's and my usual nite spot....Applebee's there is smoking going on. I never notice the smell at Applebee's, they must have a very decent smoke removal system.Thank God.....

Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 01-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #11
bransonframer
Coming out of hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach7777 View Post
so, pray tell, they do have boneless?? due to religious reasons i cannot eat anything with a bone in it.... my curiousness is do they offer the boneless in the other flavor designs you mentioned?
Yes, they have boneless.... I just wouldn't recommend it, even for religious reasons. Just go full blasphemy and get them bone in.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #12
bransonframer
Coming out of hiding

Quote:
Are you sure farmer? That sounds like the place our waitress told me they had planned to move to, but the deal fell through. Don't remember for sure, but that sounds familiar.
Hmmm.... something might have changed since I was last there. That would have been Friday 1/13. Anything can happen in this town.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #13
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Oh NO Zach!!! I just found out that Andy's uses bone meal to thicken the custard!!!

You can get any of the sauces on the boneless, or pig wings.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #14
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransonframer View Post
Yes, they have boneless.... I just wouldn't recommend it, even for religious reasons. Just go full blasphemy and get them bone in.
i kan't, if i did i would go straight to hell...
Are you SURE the boneless are not good?

Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 01-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #15
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Oh NO Zach!!! I just found out that Andy's uses bone meal to thicken the custard!!!

You can get any of the sauces on the boneless, or pig wings.
i cannot eat pork of any kind due to religious reasons, only bacon and ham, and of course hamburgers. so no pig wings. do the pig wings have bones?

Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Closed Thread