1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shopping

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

New Landing Store-Tervis Tumblers

Today while looking for sales on stuff I came across a brand new store at the Landing. Nothing but Tervis Tumblers. What a cool place. They have about a million different versions. You can even give them your favorite picture and you'll get it back "INSIDE" the wall of the tumbler of your choosing. I must be getting old that I find this so amusing but I've had a few of these glasses for a couple years now and can attest to how well they work. Who would think that air could work so well at keeping a beverage so cold OR so hot?
Old 12-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
shis1
Str8fn

Last year I put a "KU" Tervis Tumbler in the 'basket instead of a stocking' that I made up for one of our daughters. The lid was a separate item from the tumbler, so it was kind of an expensive tumbler. But she loves it and said it works really well (I got her the big one). So this year I got her a sister a really 'cool' red and black one, and this year the tumbler and lid were one price. I'll be sure and check out the Tervis store on the Landing.
I bought these 2 TTs at Bed, Bath and Beyond and thought they had a good selection of styles......I can't imagine an entire store of Tervis Tumblers.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
Mouse2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shis1 View Post
I can't imagine an entire store of Tervis Tumblers.
I can't imagine a store of just Tervis Tumblers being able to stay in business.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:23 AM   #4
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

I can't expect this to stay in business either -- except they offer the option of bring in your own stuff and they will put in a tumbler. That might keep it open for a while. I have several of them with the Coca Cola patches in them and love them. I really love the handles they came out with for the larger tumblers. But with the Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off coupons, I would think they would get most of the people buying these. But you never know.

Vickie
Old 12-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #5
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

I just discovered these and love them. Not enough to schedule a trip to Branson just to visit the store, but if it's still there at Spring Break, we'll definitely check it out.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

All I can say is that it's a good thing they aren't relying on my business to make a go of it!
Old 12-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #7
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

From what I saw the prices looked very competitive. I believe they sell the lids separate though. Although it's hard to imagine lids being all that big of a profit item, I actually knew a guy back in 1977 who made a pretty good living selling lids at Greatful Dead concerts. That was a whole different sort of deal however.

Last edited by TJefferson; 12-28-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
Mouse2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJefferson View Post
From what I saw the prices looked very competitive. I believe they sell the lids seperate though. Although it's hard to imagine lids being all that big of a profit item, I actually new a guy back in 1977 who made a pretty good living selling lids at Greatful Dead concerts. That was a whole different sort of deal however.
Ha! that got a real laugh out of me
Old 12-31-2011, 04:07 PM   #9
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

Love mine

I have several Tervis Tumblers and love them! All of our family have them, too. Where is the store in relation to Bass Pro? I am thinking of things I want put in one--several ideas.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:25 PM   #10
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

Ideas

I just came up with some great birthday ideas. Have the honoree's name put in one; some of our family have unusual names that are NEVER found on items. They would love it! Also our Coat of Arms...
Old 01-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #11
mgsports

Hopefully they have Florida Teams ones.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

I was at the Tervis Tumbler store a couple of weeks ago (at the Landing) and ordered 17 tumblers for birthday gifts for our sons, their spouses, and eleven grandchildren. I had the tumbler personalized with boys' names in blue, girls' names in pink; lids to match. They arrived in a week! We are very pleased with them! We went back to the store to pick them up to save on shipping; shipping to our house we would have paid, to the store, they paid. Gave me a good excuse to return to our condo in Branson! We have some very unusual names in our family, and they NEVER find anything personalized for them, so this worked out great! I bough each family a box of long straws (500 per box) to go with their gifts. I like the idea of throw away straws instead of the plastic ones sold at the Tervis store--easier for kids to deal with I think. When I picked up the tumblers, I also picked up two of the 24-ounce tumbers for me and my husband (off the shelf) and two Valentine (red heart) coffee mugs; I really like the mugs--keeps coffee warm longer. I will definitely be going back there! They have a good selection to tempt customers. I will probably buy a couple more coffee mugs when I go back. I hope they make a go of the store! It is really nice!
Old 02-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #13
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSue View Post
I was at the Tervis Tumbler store a couple of weeks ago (at the Landing) and ordered 17 tumblers for birthday gifts for our sons, their spouses, and eleven grandchildren. I had the tumbler personalized with boys' names in blue, girls' names in pink; lids to match. They arrived in a week! We are very pleased with them! We went back to the store to pick them up to save on shipping; shipping to our house we would have paid, to the store, they paid. Gave me a good excuse to return to our condo in Branson! We have some very unusual names in our family, and they NEVER find anything personalized for them, so this worked out great! I bough each family a box of long straws (500 per box) to go with their gifts. I like the idea of throw away straws instead of the plastic ones sold at the Tervis store--easier for kids to deal with I think. When I picked up the tumblers, I also picked up two of the 24-ounce tumbers for me and my husband (off the shelf) and two Valentine (red heart) coffee mugs; I really like the mugs--keeps coffee warm longer. I will definitely be going back there! They have a good selection to tempt customers. I will probably buy a couple more coffee mugs when I go back. I hope they make a go of the store! It is really nice!
You're certainly doing your part to help the Tervis store at the Landing 'make a go of it'! I hope they gave you a quantity discount! Both our daughters really like their tumblers, thinking I might like to have one myself!
Old 02-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #14
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shis1 View Post
You're certainly doing your part to help the Tervis store at the Landing 'make a go of it'! I hope they gave you a quantity discount! Both our daughters really like their tumblers, thinking I might like to have one myself!
Yes, I guess I am. The tumblers make great gifts. Our son and his wife gave my husband four 16-ounce tumblers for a gift a couple of years ago, and I bought two 24-ounce tumblers, with lids and plastic straws, before that. Love them and use them all the time; these older tumblers have our sons' school mascot pictured.

Closed Thread