1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
Nicola

The Amazing SDC Cinnamon Bread

Ok guys, its less than a week to our annual Thanksgiving weekend at the City and I've heard so much about this amazing cinnamon bread that I don't want to miss out this trip. That fabulous SDC hot chocolate and some amazing bread -- I can feel my Christmas tastebuds ready to explode with happiness! So, I need the scoop. Where do we get this bread? And are there any specific times of day that we need to be there in order to get it? Thanks so much, guys! I am a happy camper today knowing that its less than a week until we pile into the car and head for our Thanksgiving home away from home -- we love Branson!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #2
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

the bread may be found at Sullivan's Mill, just off the square behind grandfathers mansion and next to the candle shop. if you are in the square before the park opens you can get to the mill by going behind the mansion and into the mill. no worries tho, they make it all day and can tell you when the next batch is coming out. it is really, really awesome!! you won't be disappointed!

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 11-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Jalva2
Super Ultra Member

Zach's right on the nose!

It's not a trip to SDC without some piping hot cinnamon bread for our bunch! Our tradition is to start the day by having it for breakfast, sitting at a table outside the shop and watching the park open up around us. Really pretty, relaxing spot this time of year!

Last edited by Jalva2; 11-18-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

I eat the whole loaf all by myself. Ummmmm
Old 11-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach7777 View Post
the bread may be found at Sullivan's Mill, just off the square behind grandfathers mansion and next to the candle shop. if you are in the square before the park opens you can get to the mill by going behind the mansion and into the mill. no worries tho, they make it all day and can tell you when the next batch is coming out. it is really, really awesome!! you won't be disappointed!

Be prepared for a possible wait, but don't be discouraged. It's worth it!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #6
Nicola

Thanks awesome message board pals! Can't wait to try it.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #7
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalva2 View Post
Zach's right on the nose!

It's not a trip to SDC without some piping hot cinnamon bread for our bunch! Our tradition is to start the day by having it for breakfast, sitting at a table outside the shop and watching the park open up around us. Really pretty, relaxing spot this time of year!
us too! that's a first stop and then usually again during the day...

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 11-19-2011, 02:05 AM   #8
arkygirl

I can also eat one by myself--and I did on my last trip to the city.....I love that stuff...just make sure you get a freshly baked one....and if you can't ask them to heat one up for you...
Old 11-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #9
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
the bread may be found at Sullivan's Mill, just off the square behind grandfathers mansion and next to the candle shop. if you are in the square before the park opens you can get to the mill by going behind the mansion and into the mill.
I sure could've used this info when I asked for how to get there a week or so ago! I never found Sullivan's, but hopefully I'll remember these directions next time & I can try out this wonderful bread everyone's raving about.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #10
persimmons
traveller

We got it and it was really good. In fact, we squirreled away some loaves for the trip home. We had two for breakfast this morning and tomorrow the last two will be no more!

BTW, I noticed that they use white doughnut glaze on these loaves. I was able to ask for them without it and waited until the next rack came out of the never-ending baking they do there. I belive if I had eaten the glazed ones I would not have liked them as all the sugar would have obscured the taste of the bread. They really don't need the glaze as they make sure EACH bite of this bread has liberal amounts of butter and cinnamon sugar. If you require more, I think you might have an insulin pump in your future!

Son of BTW, an easy way to get there is once you walk into the square with the Christmas tree, you can go right or left. Go either way and when you end up directly on the other side of the tree from where you entered, instead of going right or left down the hill, look in the middle for steps between the buildings, go down those stairs and veer right. You'll be right there. Sometimes the lines are long.

One more thing, the dough is VERY different from that used for the cinnamon rolls up at the front of the park.

Last edited by persimmons; 11-21-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #11
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

If you take the path past Grandfather's Mansion, it will be to your right. If you take the path behind the blacksmith shop it will be to your left. Weathered red barn looking building with the entrance through a weathered gold attached building. Don't know how people miss it, but glad they do or the line in the morning would be even longer!
To me the glaze is just fine. it soaks in, and partially runs off leaving plenty of cinnamony goodness!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 11:05 PM   #12
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by persimmons View Post
We got it and it was really good. In fact, we squirreled away some loaves for the trip home. We had two for breakfast this morning and tomorrow the last two will be no more!

BTW, I noticed that they use white doughnut glaze on these loaves. I was able to ask for them without it and waited until the next rack came out of the never-ending baking they do there. I belive if I had eaten the glazed ones I would not have liked them as all the sugar would have obscured the taste of the bread. They really don't need the glaze as they make sure EACH bite of this bread has liberal amounts of butter and cinnamon sugar. If you require more, I think you might have an insulin pump in your future!

Son of BTW, an easy way to get there is once you walk into the square with the Christmas tree, you can go right or left. Go either way and when you end up directly on the other side of the tree from where you entered, instead of going right or left down the hill, look in the middle for steps between the buildings, go down those stairs and veer right. You'll be right there. Sometimes the lines are long.

One more thing, the dough is VERY different from that used for the cinnamon rolls up at the front of the park.
i too usually prefer it without the glaze...very good and no, they don't need the glaze. it's less messy too!

Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 11-21-2011, 11:11 PM   #13
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
If you take the path past Grandfather's Mansion, it will be to your right. If you take the path behind the blacksmith shop it will be to your left. Weathered red barn looking building with the entrance through a weathered gold attached building. Don't know how people miss it, but glad they do or the line in the morning would be even longer!
To me the glaze is just fine. it soaks in, and partially runs off leaving plenty of cinnamony goodness!!!
sooo....would that be using the diverging diamond or the roundabout?? you nearly got yerself into trouble on another thread....nearly mentioning me being able to figure it out.....and you thot i wouldn't notice...of course i had to go back in there to see if they deleted some of my posts and found your remark . Evidently i can't call someone an @$$#)&% on here.....

Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 11-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #14
Nicola

You guys are making me so HUNGRY! The descriptions of the butter, cinnamon, and glaze soaking in are too much. Hurry up, Thanksgiving weekend!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #15
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
sooo....would that be using the diverging diamond or the roundabout?? you nearly got yerself into trouble on another thread....nearly mentioning me being able to figure it out.....and you thot i wouldn't notice...of course i had to go back in there to see if they deleted some of my posts and found your remark . Evidently i can't call someone an @$$#)&% on here.....

Closed Thread