Season Passes and Discount Books Branson Shows
Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows
Register FAQ Members List Event Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
shis1
Str8fn

Season Passes and Discount Books

Would be interesting to know how many members here take advantage of season passes to Branson theaters and/or attractions. This year we purchased 3 sets of passes ------ 2 theaters and Silver Dollar City. I know we'll be renewing the passes to one of the theaters, not sure about the other 2.......Probably will purchase SDC passes again, but thinking about trying a different theater or 2 next year.

We've also purchased the Branson Guest Card for the past 2 years and will definitely be getting it again in 2012.
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Gee, I wonder which theater season passes you're keeping?
We get SDC season passes every year. Have for probably 20 years. After all, the price is less than two 1 day tickets.
DW doesn't like to see the same shows over again. Sometimes not even within a couple years, so theater passes would be out of the question. Even if it were up to me alone I probably wouldn't either. I would possibly see the same show a couple times a year if it were one I thought was really great.

I DON'T ALWAYS EAT AT A BUFFET, BUT WHEN I DO I PREFER GRAND COUNTRY BUFFET!
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 11-13-2011, 10:53 PM   #3
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Gee, I wonder which theater season passes you're keeping?
We get SDC season passes every year. Have for probably 20 years. After all, the price is less than two 1 day tickets.
DW doesn't like to see the same shows over again. Sometimes not even within a couple years, so theater passes would be out of the question. Even if it were up to me alone I probably wouldn't either. I would possibly see the same show a couple times a year if it were one I thought was really great.
Do you like the shows at Grand Country Music Hall? I believe that a season pass at their complex allows one to attend any show in the complex. It also has the benefit of 'buy one, get one free' at the buffet. (And I know you like their buffet!)
Yea, Clay Cooper's is the season pass that we'll definitely be renewing again in 2012! We have tried some 'new to us' shows this season, and haven't found any that we were particularly fond of.......in fact, one was so 'just not to our liking' that I didn't even review it! We've found several shows that we really like, but can't afford passes to all of them!
Old 11-13-2011, 11:18 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Don't think DW would be talked into the shows at Grand Country. It took a lot of convincing to get her to see Clay. Although she did really enjoy it once I got her there. She just isn't the live entertainment fan that I am. I have been able to talk her into more shows as lately though, and will keep trying. After all, I can't fish 24 hours a day when I'm in Branson!....Well, maybe!

Old 11-13-2011, 11:30 PM   #5
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Don't think DW would be talked into the shows at Grand Country. It took a lot of convincing to get her to see Clay. Although she did really enjoy it once I got her there. She just isn't the live entertainment fan that I am. I have been able to talk her into more shows as lately though, and will keep trying. After all, I can't fish 24 hours a day when I'm in Branson!....Well, maybe!
I forgot that your wife isn't 'into country', and that's what you'll see at Grand Country. We don't normally go to the shows there either; however, we do really enjoy 'Down Home Country' ---- but we like Melody Hart, so she's the 'main attraction' for us at DHC! In fact, we'll be seeing that one
soon! (our 2nd time to see it this year )
Old 11-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shis1 View Post
I forgot that your wife isn't 'into country', and that's what you'll see at Grand Country. We don't normally go to the shows there either; however, we do really enjoy 'Down Home Country' ---- but we like Melody Hart, so she's the 'main attraction' for us at DHC! In fact, we'll be seeing that one
soon! (our 2nd time to see it this year )
We have had SDC season passes for most of the last 40 years..... at one time it was a family pass. They get a lot of use around here.

I'm not into old country music either, and we didn't use to ever see a show. Lately, we've gotten to where we've seen a show once or twice a year. We've not seen a dud yet - but we've not been enticed to buy season passes either.

I do watch for good bargins, but I've not purchased a Guest Card. Seems most of the things I hear about it are for tickets to shows that I wouldn't see even if I could BOGO, or discounts that I can get for the same price or free elsewhere. Maybe I'm missing out on some great deals?
Old 11-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
but we like Melody Hart,
She was very impressive in Clay's show when we saw it. Even though there was a technical problem, and her mic blew out it was easy to see she is a fantastic entertainer. As is with everybody in Clay's show!
I'm looking forward to seeing her again when everything is working right.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
We have had SDC season passes for most of the last 40 years..... at one time it was a family pass. They get a lot of use around here.

I'm not into old country music either, and we didn't use to ever see a show. Lately, we've gotten to where we've seen a show once or twice a year. We've not seen a dud yet - but we've not been enticed to buy season passes either.

I do watch for good bargins, but I've not purchased a Guest Card. Seems most of the things I hear about it are for tickets to shows that I wouldn't see even if I could BOGO, or discounts that I can get for the same price or free elsewhere. Maybe I'm missing out on some great deals?
There's a lot more 'to a Branson Guest Card' than show discounts. We do save a lot of $$$$ at shows because of the Guest Card; but the biggest advantage we see is the restaurant discounts. Lots of restaurants offer a discount with the BGC, anywhere from 5 to 15% on the entire ticket, and there is no limit to the # of times you can use it at each business. There are even some BOGO 1/2 off to a few restaurants. And we like the convenience of the card, 'just one coupon' to keep in your billfold, and don't have to worry about finding and clipping coupons. We definitely 'recoup' our initial cost for the card and end up saving $$$$$.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #9
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

We always buy annual passes to SDC, but don't know if I would buy one for any of the shows unless it were priced like SDC... less than the cost of attending twice. Although I've enjoyed every Branson show I've seen with the exception of one (which is long gone), I don't know of many my wife and I would want to see more than once a season.

Great Times in Branson

Old 11-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #10
campbellmo

I know the Duttons have a season pass and a family pass. The season pass is 49.99 and the Family Pass is 109.99. To me that is one heck of deal.

Last edited by campbellmo : 11-14-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #11
ggh
Super User

Quote:
There's a lot more 'to a Branson Guest Card' than show discounts. We do save a lot of $$$$ at shows because of the Guest Card; but the biggest advantage we see is the restaurant discounts. Lots of restaurants offer a discount with the BGC, anywhere from 5 to 15% on the entire ticket, and there is no limit to the # of times you can use it at each business. There are even some BOGO 1/2 off to a few restaurants. And we like the convenience of the card, 'just one coupon' to keep in your billfold, and don't have to worry about finding and clipping coupons. We definitely 'recoup' our initial cost for the card and end up saving $$$$$.
I wonder if there is a list out there somewhere of the restaurants involved? We don't do buffets, or FFF, or most of the chains in Branson, we seek out the 'whole in the wall' type spots most often, but if they're included, we probably should look into it.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #12
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
I wonder if there is a list out there somewhere of the restaurants involved? We don't do buffets, or FFF, or most of the chains in Branson, we seek out the 'whole in the wall' type spots most often, but if they're included, we probably should look into it.
Check out bransonguestcard.com and you'll find a list of businesses that participate on the Branson Guest Card, also tells you what the discount is.
Last spring we had a circumstance where a theater listed as participating was very rude in refusing to honor the 'deal' and really bad mouthed the entertainer, saying the entertainer had agreed to the discount without consulting the theater and they weren't honoring it. So I sent an e mail to the BGC, just as an FYI to let them know that the theater was not cooperating in their offer. I got a very nice reply from the Guest Card, wanting my address so that he could refund to me the amount of the discount as stated in the Guest Card book. I thought that was 'above and beyond' what was expected of him to do. Also, when you purchase the card, they give you a book that tells you where and how much the various discounts are.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:26 AM   #13
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

We always get SDC passes. This year with two trips we are thinking about show season passes. Need to sit down and do the math and see which is a better deal since we will also have the Branson Guest Card.

We were told in June when we were at Grand Country that if you call between Veteran's Day and the end of the year the season pass for the next year is discounted. I need to call them and find out for sure.

Also thinking about season passes to Clay since we will be going 4 times.

I need to call the theaters and see what the policies are. Can you reserve your tickets in advance. We like to sit on the front row if possible.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #14
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderHockeyFan View Post
We always get SDC passes. This year with two trips we are thinking about show season passes. Need to sit down and do the math and see which is a better deal since we will also have the Branson Guest Card.

We were told in June when we were at Grand Country that if you call between Veteran's Day and the end of the year the season pass for the next year is discounted. I need to call them and find out for sure.

Also thinking about season passes to Clay since we will be going 4 times.

I need to call the theaters and see what the policies are. Can you reserve your tickets in advance. We like to sit on the front row if possible.
I can give you some answers to your questions about the season passes at Clay's theater.

Yes, you can reserve your tickets ahead of time. They just won't give you the actual ticket until 30 minutes before showtime. If you want to sit in the first 4 or 5 rows (not sure how many it is) of the center section you have to pay a little more for VIP season passes. Season passes to Clay's show is the best money we spend in Branson!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #15
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Check out bransonguestcard.com and you'll find a list of businesses that participate on the Branson Guest Card, also tells you what the discount is.
Last spring we had a circumstance where a theater listed as participating was very rude in refusing to honor the 'deal' and really bad mouthed the entertainer, saying the entertainer had agreed to the discount without consulting the theater and they weren't honoring it. So I sent an e mail to the BGC, just as an FYI to let them know that the theater was not cooperating in their offer. I got a very nice reply from the Guest Card, wanting my address so that he could refund to me the amount of the discount as stated in the Guest Card book. I thought that was 'above and beyond' what was expected of him to do. Also, when you purchase the card, they give you a book that tells you where and how much the various discounts are.
Thank you, the website is very helpful.

Closed Thread