1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
persimmons
traveller

Grand Country Buffet for BREAKFAST...

WOW! I'm not normally a buffet person and when I walked in, I thought ...Golden Corral.

I'm now a believer...at least for breakfast. They have a guy from Belize who cooks omelets. His name is Joe. They should try to keep him FOREVER. Many people can muddle their way through omelets. But Joe is a gem. He's the reason we keep going back.

All of the staff we've met there are super. However, Joe stands out as someone who is gifted and puts his soul into his work.

A little birdie told me he also manages the pizza place out front. I'm going to have to stop by and get me a pie.

So don't forget to go to Grand Country for breakfast. Say hi to Joe and tell him he comes highly recommended. He has a fan club in my group!
Old 11-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

You're absolutely right about Grand Country for breakfast. Lunch and dinner ain't bad either!
As with you, we have been burned out on Branson buffets for a long time, but to put it as the "Most interesting man in the world" beer commercial does

"I don't always eat at buffets, but when I do I eat at Grand Country"
Old 11-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

No question about it, Grand Country is the best. Even better if you get there near the tail end, take your time, and as you wrap up your breakfast you can get a little lunch for desert.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJefferson View Post
No question about it, Grand Country is the best. Even better if you get there near the tail end, take your time, and as you wrap up your breakfast you can get a little lunch for desert.
Sneekin' in the old Sunday Brunch eh?
Old 11-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
shis1
Str8fn

Quite by accident one day, we went late for the lunch buffet, used the deal from the Branson Guest Card of Buy One Get One 1/2 off. As we were finishing our salad, they started putting out the dinner food, so we actually had their dinner buffet at the BOGO 1/2 price lunch price. The discount coupons are never valid for 'strictly' the dinner buffet. We've gone to lunch 'late' a couple of times since that initial visit!
Old 12-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #6
Cooper78

We NEVER go to Branson without eating breakfast at Grand Country. I dream about it when we're not there. HEHE
The Princess, 7

Next trip to Branson: October 2014
Old 12-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

We've eaten there since 1987, when it was Bonanza & never been disappointed. Glen won every award given I think when it was Bonanza.

Always great choices any time of day!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #8
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze2 View Post
We've eaten there since 1987, when it was Bonanza & never been disappointed. Glen won every award given I think when it was Bonanza.

Always great choices any time of day!
Was Grand Country located in the same location when it was 'Bonanza'? I don't remember when it was a Bonanza ----- that must have been during the years that we didn't go to Branson!
Old 12-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shis1 View Post
Was Grand Country located in the same location when it was 'Bonanza'? I don't remember when it was a Bonanza ----- that must have been during the years that we didn't go to Branson!
Way, way back. Can't remember how long it's been Grand Country!
Never ate there when it was Barfanza!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #10
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shis1 View Post
this is a quess, but i'm going to say it was mid to late 80's somewhere in that time frame, I remember there was clay pottery and Elvis and Dogs Playing poker rugs out front, somewhere in the area of the Arcade building right now.

I know late 70's over along one side of the building there was some amusement park type rides set up. I know we went there one time and the sun was beating down off the pavment and it was one of he hotest places i've ever been.

as far as the restaurant, I know we ate there a few times, as I remember it there was nothing wrong with the food, but for the life of me I couldn't tell you anything at all about what kind've food it was.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #11
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
this is a quess, but i'm going to say it was mid to late 80's somewhere in that time frame, I remember there was clay pottery and Elvis and Dogs Playing poker rugs out front, somewhere in the area of the Arcade building right now.

I know late 70's over along one side of the building there was some amusement park type rides set up. I know we went there one time and the sun was beating down off the pavment and it was one of he hotest places i've ever been.

as far as the restaurant, I know we ate there a few times, as I remember it there was nothing wrong with the food, but for the life of me I couldn't tell you anything at all about what kind've food it was.
I remember the carnival rides in the parking lot at Grand Country.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #12
OkieAnon

before it was Grand Country it was 76 Mall complex, I did a search of that on the internet and one place said something about it being towards the west end of the 76 strip,,,,,, things have changed a little haven't they
Old 12-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #13
kansashusker
Super Ultra Member

The restaurant was Bonanza when we were there on our 1st trip to Branson in 1993 and was in the present location.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #14
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
before it was Grand Country it was 76 Mall complex, I did a search of that on the internet and one place said something about it being towards the west end of the 76 strip,,,,,, things have changed a little haven't they
I had forgotten that name, but it sounds very familiar now that you've mentioned it!
Old 12-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #15
OkieAnon

but how about the dogs playing poker? anyone remember those rugs hanging along the hwy in front of this place? they were huge 6 to 8 ft tall, Elvis on some and dogs playing poker on the others.

Closed Thread