1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
lymanandlinda
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 119
Thumbs up review for mi casa su casa mexican restaurant

My Dh and I tried the new mexican restaurant Mi Casa Su Casa yesterday and we loved it! I too think there are way too many mexican restaurants in Branson, and dont really care for most of them, but we really loved the food at this new one. THe service was great, and very friendly, and it was spotless and the decor was very nice. When we were seated the waiter brought chips and salsa, and we ordered the white Queso dip. THe salsa was very tasty, however we like ours a little more spicy. THe white queso cheese dip was perfect! the waiter was right there when we were ready to order. DH had the beef enchilada plate, and I had the 2 bean tostadas, with a side of cheese enchilada. The beef enchiladas had the shredded beef and hamburger in it and they were very good. Also the beans and rice were better than most. My Tostadas were very good also and they were piled high with very fresh lettuce and tomatoes and cheese. THe Cheese enchiladas were the best I have ever eaten! I am from west Texas, and I know my enchiladas. Next visit I will order the cheese enchilada plate! Also the prices are very reasonable, and they do give a local discount! We were offered fresh sopapillas with honey, but were so full we will have to wait til next time to try them. I have to tell you also that we had a late lunch, around 2:30, and if the food is that good this late in the day, I can't imagine how good it would be at noon or the dinner hour. Do yourself a favor and try this restaurant. Oh, they are located in falls village off 165.
lymanandlinda is offline  
Old 11-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
texassportsfan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lymanandlinda View Post
My Dh and I tried the new mexican restaurant Mi Casa Su Casa yesterday and we loved it! I too think there are way too many mexican restaurants in Branson, and dont really care for most of them, but we really loved the food at this new one. THe service was great, and very friendly, and it was spotless and the decor was very nice. When we were seated the waiter brought chips and salsa, and we ordered the white Queso dip. THe salsa was very tasty, however we like ours a little more spicy. THe white queso cheese dip was perfect! the waiter was right there when we were ready to order. DH had the beef enchilada plate, and I had the 2 bean tostadas, with a side of cheese enchilada. The beef enchiladas had the shredded beef and hamburger in it and they were very good. Also the beans and rice were better than most. My Tostadas were very good also and they were piled high with very fresh lettuce and tomatoes and cheese. THe Cheese enchiladas were the best I have ever eaten! I am from west Texas, and I know my enchiladas. Next visit I will order the cheese enchilada plate! Also the prices are very reasonable, and they do give a local discount! We were offered fresh sopapillas with honey, but were so full we will have to wait til next time to try them. I have to tell you also that we had a late lunch, around 2:30, and if the food is that good this late in the day, I can't imagine how good it would be at noon or the dinner hour. Do yourself a favor and try this restaurant. Oh, they are located in falls village off 165.
I too am from WEST TEXAS and Albuqurque nm miss GOOD mexican food here in branson. Thanks for the reply. We will give it a try this weekend.
texassportsfan is offline  
Old 11-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
shis1
Str8fn
 
shis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Missouri
Posts: 38,366
Thanks for your review.....sounds good. I'm sure we'll be giving it a try!
shis1 is offline  
Old 11-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member
 
rjw1991A1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the "Ridge" outside the Lou
Posts: 7,710
Thanks for the review. Sounds like a place to try. Might have to do it when DW isn't along, she isn't a big fan of Mexican food. Do they have chili rellenos on the menu. that's usually my "test" of a Mexican restaurant. If they are good, I'll probably like everything else they have.
__________________
Helping control the Taneycomo Trout population for over twenty years
rjw1991A1 is offline  
Old 11-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #5
lymanandlinda
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Thanks for the review. Sounds like a place to try. Might have to do it when DW isn't along, she isn't a big fan of Mexican food. Do they have chili rellenos on the menu. that's usually my "test" of a Mexican restaurant. If they are good, I'll probably like everything else they have.
yes they do. I will probably try that next time too. I think it said lightly battered and deep fried.
lymanandlinda is offline  
Old 11-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member
 
rjw1991A1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the "Ridge" outside the Lou
Posts: 7,710
Quote:
I think it said lightly battered and deep fried.
PERFECT!!! That sounds like a winner without even picking up a fork!
__________________
Helping control the Taneycomo Trout population for over twenty years
rjw1991A1 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #7
LynndaofNJ
Proud American Mom
 
LynndaofNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NW New Jersey
Posts: 20,816
Smile

Thanks for the review; it sounds like the kind of place that we would enjoy.
LynndaofNJ is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 05:36 AM   #8
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL
 
SHOW GAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LENEXA, KANSAS AND BRANSON, MISSOURI
Posts: 46,124
Thanks for the review.

There are lots of Mexican restaurants in Branson but, always room for a really good one.
__________________

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #9
DRBOTTS
Member
 
DRBOTTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reeds spring, MO
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Thanks for the review. Sounds like a place to try. Might have to do it when DW isn't along, she isn't a big fan of Mexican food. Do they have chili rellenos on the menu. that's usually my "test" of a Mexican restaurant. If they are good, I'll probably like everything else they have.
I agree about the rellenos but would add beans to that as its the main stay and if they are no good then why bother.
DRBOTTS is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #10
VictoriasMom
Ultra Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Branson, MO
Posts: 552
Review Dec 15th

Finally went to Mi Casa Su Casa! Very good, lots of food, clean, great service.

I had the beef fajitas, Dh had the chicken enchiladas that came with one tamale. Also had the queso dip. Chips were great, sauce was awesome.
Smiley was our server/bartender. She is always awesome as she has been in the food industry for years.

Prices were reasonable: $11.95 for fajitas, $9.95 for enchiladas. We had water with the meal but then moved to the bar after dinner to have a couple beers with some friends that came in. Happy hour price for domestic beer is @2.00.

Had leftovers to take home which made a great lunch the next day.

We plan to make it a weekly stop.

Hope they can make it thru the winter!
VictoriasMom is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 12:16 AM   #11
BTownWestSide
Jason Hunt
 
BTownWestSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B-MO
Posts: 83
Where is this fabled place? I MISS good Mexican like crizzazy!

And on a side note, what do DH and DW mean?
BTownWestSide is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 12:31 AM   #12
Blessed
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Ozark hills where the chiggers love me but no more fire ants.
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownWestSide View Post
Where is this fabled place? I MISS good Mexican like crizzazy!

And on a side note, what do DH and DW mean?
DH refers to husband and DW to wife. I'm assuming the D is for dear or darling.
Blessed is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 12:44 AM   #13
BTownWestSide
Jason Hunt
 
BTownWestSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B-MO
Posts: 83
Hahaha. Thank you! I figured H and W were husband and wife, but I couldn't decide if D was dear, darling, d***, dead..... :-)
BTownWestSide is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 12:49 AM   #14
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member
 
rjw1991A1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the "Ridge" outside the Lou
Posts: 7,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownWestSide View Post
Where is this fabled place? I MISS good Mexican like crizzazy!

And on a side note, what do DH and DW mean?
The Falls Shopping Center on 165 just before you get to the now closed Shorty Smalls.
I think there is also a Shogun Japanese Steakhouse, and a dance club called Tsunami. It's on your left as you head toward Fall Creek from the strip.

I remember Zach 7777 giving a favorable review of it a while back. http://www.1branson.com/forum/showth...+casa+sue+casa
If Zach says it's good you can pretty much take it to the bank. He knows good food. Except of course that one burger and Q place on 165 near Fall Creek that he doesn't like!
__________________
Helping control the Taneycomo Trout population for over twenty years

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 12-20-2011 at 12:56 AM.
rjw1991A1 is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 01:53 AM   #15
shis1
Str8fn
 
shis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Missouri
Posts: 38,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownWestSide View Post
Where is this fabled place? I MISS good Mexican like crizzazy!

And on a side note, what do DH and DW mean?
This location was formerly a restaurant called the Sundown Saloon......it didn't stay open very long.
shis1 is offline  


 

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
REVIEW: Casa Fentes MNtraveler Branson Dining 5 07-09-2009 09:27 AM
REVIEW: Casa Fentes MNtraveler Branson Dining 17 08-08-2008 10:43 AM
REVIEW: La Casa Del Sol! fours Branson Dining 4 06-05-2007 10:33 AM
??? about La Casa Del Sol Barbee Branson Dining 1 07-16-2003 11:31 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:31 AM.


--