1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
Dubblewide

Best time to possibly get snowed on in Branson?

First, please don't answer with "Winter"...haha!

Southern Louisiana gets snow every 5-10 years, so I'm curious when the best time to visit Branson would be to possibly see some snow falling? Does it snow anytime between Thanksgiving and Christmas there? Or, does most of it come in January and February?

Thanks!

Dub
Old 08-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
OkieAnon

the first time we went to Branson for the Christmas season we went around the 10th-11th of November, Veterans Weekend, it's been many years back, (8-9 years) but I remember there being light snow all the way from home to Branson, it had pretty well melted by the time we got there, but there was still a little in the shady area's.

last year we went on Thanksgiving, we had light snow most of the way, a near blizzard in Springfield.... it wasn't so much the amount on the ground but how hard for just a little bit it came down, you could barely see the cars in front of you, once we turned south we ran out of it about Ozark.... but later while we were eating our Thanksgiving turkey at Grand Country someone came in and said it was really snowing out, time we got done eating dinner it had stopped.

we've also been to Branson at Thanksgiving when it was in the 80's. I think even last year the day before Thanksgiving they had tornado warnings in the area.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
shis1
Str8fn

Shoot, not too many years ago we had a 'real snow storm' in October (all the leaves were still on the trees and the accumulated snow, combined with the leaves, made so much weight that lots of trees broke) In Missouri, you just ever know when a big snow will fall! Any time from October thru March!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Best time to possibly get snowed on in Branson?
When ever I'm coming down for some winter trout fishing!

Shis1 has it right. It can be anytime during the winter months. I have been in, and driven through a few dandy's. Puling 2300 pounds of boat behind me made it even more fun!!!
The good thing, at least as far as I have noticed is that they do a really good job of clearing most major streets and roads. Some with major hills may stay closed for a while, but there are plenty of alternatives. Also, it can be 15 and snowing on Wednesday, and 60 and sunny by Saturday. You just never know.
My advise, don't let the weather keep you from enjoying one of the most beautiful seasons in Branson!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Just re-read you OP. So, you want to come to Branson to see it covered in snow! Good for you!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
titleman

How well do you trust the weatherman

Name:  snowfall.png
Views: 774
Size:  10.4 KB
Old 08-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
beezylou

Like Okie said --anytime around here -- I remember it snowing so pretty on Thanksgiving but it melted pretty quick -- True snow days are in late Dec/ Early Jan.... but that could also mean ice ..just never know around here
Old 08-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Richard February

Old 08-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
Richard February

Old 08-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #10
Dubblewide

Awesome! Thanks all... I'd love to get snowed on...wonder if the wife would go for the last week of the year?!?
Old 08-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #11
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubblewide View Post
Awesome! Thanks all... I'd love to get snowed on...wonder if the wife would go for the last week of the year?!?
Before we moved here we came down for a week. It snowed us in on Tuesday and an icestorm was forecast for Saturday noonish.

I got up at 6:00 and started shoveling and at 10 AM we got the .6 mile out of here, loaded up the pets, and headed back home. We hit the ice storm as soon as we headed north on 39.

No one on our road got out for the next 20 days.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #12
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

New Years weekend 2010 was snow filled for us. We couldn't get home and ended up staying an extra night. I think Branson schools were closed that entire first week of January.

And then Spring Break 2010 was the same way... March 21 (my daughter's birthday, so I remember the date) and snowy. I still think we should have stayed in Branson another day, but we drove home. We counted almost 2 dozen cars in the ditch on the way home. It was serious.

You just can't predict. We've gone over Spring Break for years and 2010 is the only year we had trouble.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #13
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubblewide View Post
First, please don't answer with "Winter"...haha!

Southern Louisiana gets snow every 5-10 years, so I'm curious when the best time to visit Branson would be to possibly see some snow falling? Does it snow anytime between Thanksgiving and Christmas there? Or, does most of it come in January and February?

Thanks!

Dub
If you truely want snow, I'd suggest mid January in Kansas City or Springfield. I can't explain why, but I've seen a foot of snow in Springfield and more in KC, when there is NO snow in Branson. So, vacation in Branson, and search out the snow.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #14
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
.wonder if the wife would go for the last week of the year?!?
Promise to take her to one of the great New Year's Eve shows in Branson.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:07 AM   #15
Dubblewide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Promise to take her to one of the great New Year's Eve shows in Branson.
If we do, I hope some of you guys are around so we can meet up! It all hinges on getting bonuses from work! (come on bonus!)

Closed Thread