1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
shis1
Str8fn

Gordy and Debbie Kay - A George Strait Tribute

A dinner show at the Uptown Cafe, located on Hwy 165, just south of the 76/ 165 intersection. For approximately $25, you get a show, + a dinner, your choice of Hawaiian chicken or chicken fried steak, a dinner salad, roll, mashed potatoes (with the chicken you get a rice pilaf) and gravy and green beans. An ice cream sundae for dessert. All songs in the set list are songs recorded by George, or by someone who has a connection of some type to George......Debbie does some songs by ladies who have opened for George, joined him in concert, or won the same award as George did (Loretta Lynn, she won Artist of the Decade, as did George!). They mix in some trivia along with the songs, and Gordy throws in some hilarious 'one liners'.......Con sidering you get dinner and entertainment, this is one of the best values out there! If you're a George Strait fan, you'll like this one!!!!! We've seen this show several times, and the 2011 version is by far the best one!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
mark520

I hope to learn from others here and share knowledge others may find useful :hello:
Old 07-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
c kling
Ultra Member

What time is this show/dinner and do you have to make reservations? After coming to Branson sor 24 years - we have never eaten at this place.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
shis1
Str8fn

[QUOTE=c kling;684974]What time is this show/dinner and do you have to make reservations?

We attended the Sunday afternoon show, it was scheduled to start at 2:30... we arrived around 1:30 and were immediately seated and served. I believe their evening shows are on Wed - Fri nights at 8:00 pm. There were plenty of spots left Sunday, so one could have 'just walked up and gotten in', but we had made earlier reservations. I follow Gordy on his Facebook page and have read that some of their shows have been very well attended, so I'd suggest making reservations maybe a day in advance . to be 'safe'!

This restaurant also has a moderately priced breakfast buffet and in years past, has had 'live entertainment' on their stage during the breakfast hour.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
SemperFly
Super Ultra Member

We saw this show last month. Went there with the feeling I was not going to like it and be bored. Glad to say that I was wrong. It was a good show. Gordy was quite entertaining and did a great job on the tribute. We would go back and see this show again. By the way, he gets the auidence to sing along a song or two and sticks the mic in their faces. it was the first time my wife has EVER heard me sing after nearly 10 years together. She didnt leave me either after that
Old 07-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Had no idea they did shows at the Uptown. Do they have website?
Old 07-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #7
deb_803
George Strait Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmationDad View Post
Had no idea they did shows at the Uptown. Do they have website?
Here you go:
http://bransonuptowncafe.com/
Old 07-13-2011, 06:39 AM   #8
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_803 View Post
Thanks Deb

Daddy, why is our flag upside down?
Old 07-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #9
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shis1 View Post
A dinner show at the Uptown Cafe, located on Hwy 165, just south of the 76/ 165 intersection. For approximately $25, you get a show, + a dinner, your choice of Hawaiian chicken or chicken fried steak, a dinner salad, roll, mashed potatoes (with the chicken you get a rice pilaf) and gravy and green beans. An ice cream sundae for dessert. All songs in the set list are songs recorded by George, or by someone who has a connection of some type to George......Debbie does some songs by ladies who have opened for George, joined him in concert, or won the same award as George did (Loretta Lynn, she won Artist of the Decade, as did George!). They mix in some trivia along with the songs, and Gordy throws in some hilarious 'one liners'.......Con sidering you get dinner and entertainment, this is one of the best values out there! If you're a George Strait fan, you'll like this one!!!!! We've seen this show several times, and the 2011 version is by far the best one!
Thank You for this great review!
Another to put on our list of "ta-dos"!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #10
shis1
Str8fn

If we decide to go to see Gordy and Debbie Kaye again, I'll be sure to check with the Uptown to make sure of the schedule, 'cause I took a look at the website and don't think it's got the latest schedule on it. Example: I don't think that Gordy and Debbie currently do the morning show as indicated on the website, cause we were in there about 12:30 one day making our reservations and Melissa (Angels of Country Music at God and Country) was on the stage, (and she isn't on the website!) and the restaurant employees told us that Gordy and Debbie 'usually' pop in during the breakfast hour and do 2 or 3 'teaser' songs.

So if you want to include Gordy and Debbie Kaye in your show schedule, and if you are going to have a 'tight' schedule, I'd suggest verifying show dates and times when making your 'itineray'! Sometimes they have live entertainment on their stage and there is no 'cover charge'.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #11
LBM
Super Ultra Member

I saw the George Strait Tribute show a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it. I'd add that my dinner (the chicken fried steak) was good and the couple I was visiting with enjoyed the hawaiian chicken. With soda and dessert included, it was a very good deal. (If you are into shows, the Sunday afternoon option is very nice as there is less to choose from.)

Closed Thread