1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 12:10 AM   #1
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

Krista Meadows

I was just wondering if anyone here has heard this young lady. I was out this evening and happened upon her performing at Vintage Paris (a little coffee and wine joint just over the bridge.) Singing her original music at this outdoor patio bar, she along with an incredible band blew me away. I'm amazed on an almost daily basis at the quality of entertainers in this town. I certainly enjoy the big production shows, but more and more I'm starting to think the really great talent here is found in the smallest, least known locations.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
persimmons
traveller

It's a shame they don't mention entertainment on their website.

http://vintageparisfinewine.com/
Old 04-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
Branson Bluesman
Banned

In Hollister, no less...
Old 04-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
cornonthecob

I wish she would combine her show and perform with her sister Spunky Meadows. Now that is a show I would love to see. I think it would benefit both of their careers and it would explan their audience.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

????? I didn't follow that very well. At any rate I see that she does play now and then at Waxy's and yesterday I saw her doing the news on the Vacation Channel. I always felt I was fairly well on top of shows here. I must have been a little slow at finding out about this talent. It is so nice to see someone doing their own music instead of the same old covers of YMCA and the rest. This gal is a real artist. I noticed the band she was playing with was young and had one or two false starts. Made it all the better. The beauty of "live" is cause that's what it is.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
Branson Bluesman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJefferson View Post
It is so nice to see someone doing their own music instead of the same old covers of YMCA and the rest.
That's an interesting comment you don't hear very often around these parts.
My band does about 85% originals.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
zalo9
Your message here, $5.

I have been reminiscing about this show for a few weeks. I was moved by this young lady's music, voice and lyrics. Her musician colleagues brought completion to a memorable evening.

How refreshing it is to see a show not based on the "Branson Formula"; or a show where the musician are so insecure with there performance, they must play so loud that holding conversation is impossible (even screaming into someones ear cannot be heard); or performers capable only of "covers".

If anyone knows where Krista is playing in the future, please post and I will see you there.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #8
Branson Bluesman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalo9 View Post
I have been reminiscing about this show for a few weeks. I was moved by this young lady's music, voice and lyrics. Her musician colleagues brought completion to a memorable evening.

How refreshing it is to see a show not based on the "Branson Formula"; or a show where the musician are so insecure with there performance, they must play so loud that holding conversation is impossible (even screaming into someones ear cannot be heard); or performers capable only of "covers".

If anyone knows where Krista is playing in the future, please post and I will see you there.
This was at Vintage Paris, right? Hopefully they can get more acts in there doing original music when it stops raining and warms up. That outdoor area they have is pretty nice.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #9
GeoffreyChaucer

Thumbs up

As someone who knows her personally, I can attest that she possesses the trifecta: beauty, intelligence, and talent.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #10
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffreyChaucer View Post
As someone who knows her personally, I can attest that she possesses the trifecta: beauty, intelligence, and talent.
I'm glad she possesses a trifecta, but I don't see what type of car she drives has to do with her music. I see you're new here. Please stay on topic Geoff.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #11
zalo9
Your message here, $5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Bluesman View Post
This was at Vintage Paris, right? Hopefully they can get more acts in there doing original music when it stops raining and warms up. That outdoor area they have is pretty nice.
Yes - forgot to mention the venue.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:44 PM   #12
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalo9 View Post

I was just at Vintage Paris this evening and she was performing. Sorry about the late notice. Maybe you were there. The chill in the air caused no trouble at all with the awesome fire pit in the center of the patio area. The night began with one of the BEST blues guitarists I've heard around here doing a few songs. The rest of the evening just got even better with John Tweed and his daughter Sarah getting up from their seats and doing a few songs as well. A young artist from C of O had some wonderful paintings on display and the entire atmosphere of the place was just so warm and comfortable. You don't find too many shows like this anymore. Just laid back and beautiful.
I did learn that Krista will be playing there on the second Saturday of each month throughout the summer.

Last edited by TJefferson; 05-15-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #13
CaliKEM

Krista Meadows

Is now performing every Tuesday night at Club '57. Just her and piano. She does covers and originals. It's a very laid-back, chill evening. Beautiful atmosphere they've turned it into.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #14
MarieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJefferson View Post
The rest of the evening just got even better with John Tweed and his daughter Sarah getting up from their seats and doing a few songs as well.
Sarah Tweed...now THAT is a girl who can sing! I happened to catch her and her boyfriend performing a few weeks ago. Totally worth checking out if you have a chance!
Old 07-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #15
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

I love hearing Sarah sing. Her boyfriend is a fantastic guitar player as well. He's in the Eagles tribute. Great guy. When the two of them do their little Tweedle and the D thing at various places it's so layed back and enjoyable.

Last edited by TJefferson; 07-29-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Closed Thread