1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
rmmrb

Last minute tickets

I have never been to Branson before and my dh and I are thinking about going this week end. It is a 2 day drive for us so we would arrive on Sunday. My thought is to stay and see shows for about 3 or 4 days. Can we get tickets to the more popular type shows on the same day? Are there shows on Mondays? Is it worth it to drive for 2 days from Maryland to just stay for 3 or 4 days? Any help would be appreciated it. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmmrb View Post
I have never been to Branson before and my dh and I are thinking about going this week end. It is a 2 day drive for us so we would arrive on Sunday. My thought is to stay and see shows for about 3 or 4 days. Can we get tickets to the more popular type shows on the same day? Are there shows on Mondays? Is it worth it to drive for 2 days from Maryland to just stay for 3 or 4 days? Any help would be appreciated it. Thanks.
Welcome to the board,

1--It is very rare that you can not get tickets to any of the shows on the same day, especially on the days you will be here.

2--Most of the shows are open on Monday.

3--It is well worth the drive to stay 3 or 4 days. That is about the length of time that many visitors stay and feel they had a great vacation

4--Hope this helps and hope you have a GREAT vacation.

5--Please write us a review when you get back home and let us know how you enjoyed your trip.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 10-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
shis1
Str8fn

Check out 'reservebranson.com'....at that sight you can get a listing of the shows that will be open for the days you are in town. Don't have to purchase your tickets from this site, but might help you plan your time in Branson.

Last edited by shis1; 10-12-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
titleman

We got into Branson Sunday and went to Branson 2 for 1 Tickets and got tickets for our shows and had excellent seats starting Monday night.

We met friends at the Keeter Center on Thursday and didn't think we'd be able to see a show that night. When we were on the road back to our Condo at 7: 16 we decided to see if we could make it to the 7:30 Pierce Arrow show. I dropped my wife off at the front door at 7:28 and went to park the car. When I came back she had 2 front row tickets. We sat there until intermission and then moved back a ways.

The point is it's never to late to get tickets

BTW Fall creek is now open North of Hwy 76. Couldn't of made it without it.

Last edited by titleman; 10-12-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
rmmrb

Thanks everyone. I don't know much about Branson other than there are lots of shows. What shows are "can't miss"? Btw my dh loves 60's music so which one of those shows should we try?

Also , what is Fall creek?
Old 10-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
OkieAnon

with the leaves changing i'd think it would be a pretty nice 2 day drive to Branson and back.

as far as the ticket's go, I think you could probably get decent seating at about all the shows once you arrive, there are a few of the more popular one's that it might be better to get them in advance, but even those i'd guess you wouldn't have to much trouble with.... however..... being the first time there and only for a short stay, if you knew ahead of time what you wanted i'd go ahead and get them reserved, my guess is you'll save yourself a lot of time once you arrive to get it out of the way.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
shis1
Str8fn

RANKIN BROTHERS! One of the best produced shows in Branson. Always gets great reviews on this site and I don't think you'll be disappointed. WEv'e seen the show 3 times THIS SEASON!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #8
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmmrb View Post
Thanks everyone. I don't know much about Branson other than there are lots of shows. What shows are "can't miss"? Btw my dh loves 60's music so which one of those shows should we try?

Also , what is Fall creek?
The Rankin brothers, in my opinion, is the best show in town. They do such a variety of music, there will be plenty your husband will enjoy. Other shows we really enjoy are The Presleys, SIX and the Haygoods.

Fallcreek is a road in Branson and is also the name of a steakhouse. I would suggest you avoid the steakhouse. Used to be good but not anymore.

Have a wonderful time.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 10-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #9
persimmons
traveller

I'd argue for a few more days. But to be honest, there is so much we'd like to do there we could say the same thing about a 2 week stay.

60s?

Paul Revere & the Raiders

Andy Williams
Old 10-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #10
DKA

We have been going to Branson for almost 20 years. Sometimes 2 or 3 times in a year and have never bought tickets until we arrive in Branson. We go to each theater as soon as we arrive or early the next am to buy the tickets for all the shows we want to see. We have always gotten good seats. Maybe a few times they were a little farther back than we wanted but usually turned out to be good seats. I am talking about 2 tickets to each show..
Old 10-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #11
karlasue450
Ultra Member

Definitely "The Rankin Brothers" for 60s music. They also have the #1 hits of the 60s in their theater. I also buy my tickets early in the am of the morning we see the show and have always got 3 great seats. Any amount of time in Branson is well worth it and I just bet you'll spend part of your return trip home planning your next trip! Enjoy your trip. I get to go back in November and I can't wait!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #12
Tams
Super Ultra Member

Rankin Brothers is a must...and i think you can get tickets for the night show...just by stopping by during the day.

SIX I would order ahead...they were sold out almost every night recently.

Brule, I wanted to see this show, but could not fit it into my schedule, i think it would be awesome.

Osmond Brothers at Yakov Smirnoff Theater.

So many shows to name.

Hughes Brothers.

Let me breathe the air!!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #13
campbellmo

I say give Pierce Arrow, Jim Stafford and Jeerk a shot. They all have something diffrent
Old 10-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #14
rmmrb

Thank you all so much! Everything sounds so wonderful! How big are the theaters? (large movie theater size?). I will have to do some research about all these shows to figure out what we would like to see. My dh I am sure would love all the musical shows. I know I would too. What about the Osmonds? Is it hard to get into their show last minute? We don't want to buy tickets til we get there in case something changes and we don't go.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #15
mikee

Smile theater size

get the tickets when you get here. the theaters vary in size from 200 or 300 seats to over 2000. watch out for places that advertise 2 for 1 or free tickets . they will require you to tour condos and or attend a several hour presentation. the 2 for 1 ticket place on east 76 across from the fire station is for real. they do not have tickets for all shows, but for quite a few. go to their web site. branson 2 for 1 tickets and see what is available. have a great time in branson. pick up one of the free maps at a gas station and you should be able to find your way around just fine.

Closed Thread