1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Local Branson / Tri-Lakes Area Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
lovemycondo
Grandma of 4 & loving it

Change wood burning fireplace to electric

We want to change a wood burning fireplace to an electric fireplace. We want something that looks nice when completed. Has anyone used someone they could recommend? I want someone who knows what they are doing. I've already ran into a couple "professionals" that should be put in front of a firing squad for claiming they are "pros" so I would prefer recommendations versus going through the phone book.

Thanks in advance.
See http://www.meadowbrook-resort.com Year after year. Trip Advisor-Award of Excellence & FlipKey-Top Vacation Rental awards!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

There are some good folks up in Springfield....Mashinno's I believe. They sell them and probably good give you a recommendation.
We installed one 2 years ago when we finished our walkout. The drop in units can be installed pretty much any way you want.
If you are looking for serious heat, buy the biggest unit you can which will require hardwiring.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #3
tlhfirelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemycondo View Post
We want to change a wood burning fireplace to an electric fireplace. We want something that looks nice when completed. Has anyone used someone they could recommend? I want someone who knows what they are doing. I've already ran into a couple "professionals" that should be put in front of a firing squad for claiming they are "pros" so I would prefer recommendations versus going through the phone book.

Thanks in advance.
I agree that Macshinos's has a great selection and helpful people. When I was looking for a wood burning stove, I called every place in the region (twice) and found HMI in Nixa to be the most helpful with better prices. Their prices were slightly below average compared to the other places. I'd call them.
hmifireplaceshop.com
Old 08-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #4
lovemycondo
Grandma of 4 & loving it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlhfirelion View Post
I agree that Macshinos's has a great selection and helpful people. When I was looking for a wood burning stove, I called every place in the region (twice) and found HMI in Nixa to be the most helpful with better prices. Their prices were slightly below average compared to the other places. I'd call them.
hmifireplaceshop.com
Thank you both. I called Macshinos and they want me to stop in to see an insert they have. I'm afraid it is just a electric log and I need more than that. They had no interest coming out and offering ideas and bidding on it. I even have photos if a store wanted those instead. If we don't have someone lined up, we will stop in their store during our next trip to Branson.

Thanks for the tip on HMI. I already contacted them and they came up with 3 options. The man from HMI seemed extremely knowledgable which impressed me. If we select them, I hope the installer is as sharp as the salesman .

I'm supposed to be getting a name of another person/co that specializes in FPs. I hope they come through because I really prefer 2 companies to select from.

This fireplace is so plain. It doesn't even have a mantel. I'm anxious to change it. It is so blah even Santa wouldn't want to come down this chimney.

Thanks again,
See http://www.meadowbrook-resort.com Year after year. Trip Advisor-Award of Excellence & FlipKey-Top Vacation Rental awards!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemycondo View Post

This fireplace is so plain. It doesn't even have a mantel. I'm anxious to change it. It is so blah even Santa wouldn't want to come down this chimney.

Thanks again,
This is a whole nuther issue. I'm not sure how compatible Santa is going to be with your electric fireplace. I would definitely check that out..

Closed Thread