1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #16
Velva

Favorite comedian: Harley Worthit

My favorite Branson comedian is Harley Worthit (Perry Edenburn) of Moe Bandy Show and The Branson Tonight Show.
Whether it’s Perry Edenburn in a Wall Street suit or Harley Worthit in a Wal Mart bag, prepare to laugh your, well, um, he’s funny!! As Harley, there is of course, a well-rehearsed routine – for the straight man. But there’s no holding Harley back. He says what he’s thinking and he’s always thinking something so off-the-wall that you hear the audience inhale and then a roar of laughter. The first time I saw him on stage my thought was, “oh no, another silly, not funny, hillbilly comedian”. But in no time at all I was laughing until I could Harley breathe! I love this guy onstage and off.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #17
tic5850
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velva View Post
My favorite Branson comedian is Harley Worthit (Perry Edenburn) of Moe Bandy Show and The Branson Tonight Show.
Whether it’s Perry Edenburn in a Wall Street suit or Harley Worthit in a Wal Mart bag, prepare to laugh your, well, um, he’s funny!! As Harley, there is of course, a well-rehearsed routine – for the straight man. But there’s no holding Harley back. He says what he’s thinking and he’s always thinking something so off-the-wall that you hear the audience inhale and then a roar of laughter. The first time I saw him on stage my thought was, “oh no, another silly, not funny, hillbilly comedian”. But in no time at all I was laughing until I could Harley breathe! I love this guy onstage and off.
When you see Harley be sure and ask him for one of his business cards. They are dandys.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #18
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tic5850 View Post
When you see Harley be sure and ask him for one of his business cards. They are dandys.
He gave me one Saturday night. What a hoot, butt you know how I love a good laugh.

And, yes Velva, he is so funny. You never know what he is going to say, you just know that it will be funny.

It's a shame that comedians on TV think they have to use bad language to be funny. They need to take some lessons from Harley. Nothing crude or rude here, just really funny stuff.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 06-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #19
Country Gal
Carrie Underwood Fan

Our favorite comedy act is Stub Meadows, Droopy Drawers Jr., and Hargus Marcel from the Baldknobbers. They are hilarious!!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #20
Velva

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post
He gave me one Saturday night. What a hoot, butt you know how I love a good laugh.

And, yes Velva, he is so funny. You never know what he is going to say, you just know that it will be funny.

It's a shame that comedians on TV think they have to use bad language to be funny. They need to take some lessons from Harley. Nothing crude or rude here, just really funny stuff.
Oh yes, I have Harley's business card, too. And I agree with you, he keeps it clean. (hee hee)
Old 06-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #21
Branson Junkie
Ultra Member

I would pick Harley as one of my favorites for sure, but the straight man he works with can make or break him. I remember so many funny routines of his, but one of the most hilarious happened at the Comedy Jamboree years ago when he came out in some crazy outfit that was partially hidden by a large tablet/poster he had in front of him. When he took it away from his front he had both of his legs in one leg hole of his shorts. I almost died laughing at that. He's a scream for sure. Hargus is also hard to beat, and the best I ever saw him was when he worked with Moe Bandy. Jim Dandy is multi-talented, but I agree that his routines are old and worn out. His musical talents almost make me cry though. They're so incredible. Cecil and Herkimer are also funny, but like JD their routines can get old. Matt Gumm can be very, very funny also and he is so multi-talented it's incredible. Homer Lee and Jared don't do it for me at all, and I used to think PH was funny, but the last couple times I've seen him I can only describe him as "off the wall" - "way off the wall". I won't likely return to his show anytime in the near future. Joe Riley is funny also, but some of his stuff is over-used. Too many good ones to go to a show you're unsure of.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #22
Lance

Rev. Cecil Watkins, Harley Worthit and Herkimer have to be the top 3 in my book. They could be in any order.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:34 AM   #23
Barefoot Eddie

Funny that no one on this thread has mentioned the #1 funniest act in town - Todd Oliver & the Talking Dogs. I've seen him perform a dozen times & it still knocks me out. Plus he's added & changed his act over the past couple of years and it's funnier than ever. On the Branson Belle.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:56 PM   #24
bookworm

Where's Harley worthit at now? I haven't seen him since he was at the Presleys and he was always one of my favorites...
Old 06-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #25
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Can't believe nobody mentioned Mike Bliss

Where are you Mike??
Old 06-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #26
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
Where's Harley worthit at now? I haven't seen him since he was at the Presleys and he was always one of my favorites...
Moe Bandy's comedian now
Old 06-26-2010, 12:07 AM   #27
BobC
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
Harley also appears as Perry Edenburn on the Branson Tonight Show every Saturday at 6:00 - 7:00 PM CDT at the God and Country Theatre.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:23 AM   #28
aintbug

I agree with Country Gal. My favorites are Stub Meadows, Droop Jr, and Hargus at the Baldknobbers.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:06 AM   #29
The3Nelsons
Bob & Trish & Noah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Eddie View Post
Funny that no one on this thread has mentioned the #1 funniest act in town - Todd Oliver & the Talking Dogs. I've seen him perform a dozen times & it still knocks me out. Plus he's added & changed his act over the past couple of years and it's funnier than ever. On the Branson Belle.
Yes Todd is Great... A true Original!

But Hey... The Amazing Christopher is on the boat, too... Very Funny, Funny Guy. If you haven't seen him, you must. Heard the show is Great this year... Hope to be going soon. I like the way he constantly changes his act... and he writes his own material.

Schmelson
Old 06-27-2010, 12:08 AM   #30
scatcat

Bob Nelson, Branson's Funniest Comedian!

Without a doubt!

Closed Thread