Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #46
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBM View Post
I wanna go there! Looks like a great show (as always)! Did I count 8 dancers? What do RP and Melody sing? Anybody know the price of season tickets?

Can't remember what RP and Melody sang, just take my word for it ----- it was great!!!!!

Yes, I think you counted the dancers correctly! Tina is the only girl dancer returning from last year. But the 3 new gals do a good job.

Kerrigan Bradley, the 12 year old girl who was in the show last year, is not there this year.

Season tickets cost $75 each.....you can go to the show an unlimited # of times throughout the year. And you don't have a 'specific seat' ---- you'll probably sit in a different seat each time you go.....unless you plan far enough in advance that you can request that special seat that you like. We had a 'specific area' in the old theater that we always requested. I'm sure after a few shows this year, we'll find that 'special place' in the new one, as well.

And remember, you can eat dinner at the theater. We were visiting with Clay this afternoon and he said the dinner $$ is 12 (I think!) Menu is brisket, chicken, don't remember what else, but I think there's cheesecake for dessert.

Last edited by shis1; 03-27-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #47
LBM
Super Ultra Member

Thanks Shis! I'll get my season pass and find my special spot! I had one last year and I LOVED it. (I think I loved it so much that Clay began to think I was stalking him I was there so much!) I can't wait for the RP and Melody duet! I wanna go there!!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #48
oldbranhand

RP and Melody sang "Every Time Two Fools Collide" and it was great. We also enjoyed the young men from "Buckets and Boards". They add a lot to the show. It was nice to see Dave Clark get a solo on the bass. The extra dancers were also a plus.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #49
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbranhand View Post
RP and Melody sang "Every Time Two Fools Collide" and it was great. We also enjoyed the young men from "Buckets and Boards". They add a lot to the show. It was nice to see Dave Clark get a solo on the bass. The extra dancers were also a plus.
Yup! That was the song! Wasn't it great! So glad to see Melody being 'spotlighted' more! That girl can sure 'belt out a song!' We enjoyed opening night so much that we went back again tonight!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:17 AM   #50
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
Thanks so much...for the reviews and photos....and I'm so happy you all got together and for one of our buds this had to be THE BEST NIGHT IN YEARS....this was so special and I'm so happy you all made it to such a great new show.
Woohoo.......
YES, we thoroughly enjoyed the show, as we hadn't been to Branson in 4 years. We've seen videos, so we do keep up with all going on. Hopefully I'm on the road to better health, so we can go again soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Baker Sr View Post
hehehe...running around the theater hollaring, "thats my boy".
Now Don, we don't go to that extreme. No one sitting around us ever knows & we like it that way. One can learn a lot more during a show.

We enjoyed Clay's songs, RP is one of our favorites, Melody certainly belts
out a tune along with her fiddle! Colton never misses his mark! Matt will keep you laughing so much! AND there's Johnny Lonestar, one of our
favorite people on & off the stage. EIGHT dancers, WOW!!! IF I missed anyone, it isn't intentional, the whole show keeps a person entertained
& not knowing what's coming next.................something for everyone.

There isn't one thing about the show that doesn't entertain someone.
A variety indeed! Clay is the star of the show, but Tina is right there
to encourage him. Not only is she a Wife & Mother, she's the Operations Manager that sees to every detail so the show can go on. She's the
Choregrapher, the costumer, every aspect of the show she knows!
The patriotic song Tina wrote is wonderful & VERY touching,
& says what we all think! We wish them every success with the new theater.
When you hear Clay say he's living his dream, the two of us can attest
to the fact that he definitely is "LIVING HIS DREAM"!

Saturday after the Buddy Lunch, we went to the theater, Clay took
us all over the new section, which will be awesome when complete.
So much goes into a theater before the curtain goes up no one realizes.
If a theater is two story, there must be an elevator & for the restaurant section there has to be a 100 gallon grease trap.

The decor of the theater is Texas Hill Country, which we both think is great!
Look for unique Texas items to be in the gift shop as well.

Make this show one of your Branson stops, you'll be entertained!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:31 AM   #51
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze2 View Post
YES, we thoroughly enjoyed the show, as we hadn't been to Branson in 4 years. We've seen videos, so we do keep up with all going on. Hopefully I'm on the road to better health, so we can go again soon.

Now Don, we don't go to that extreme. No one sitting around us ever knows & we like it that way. One can learn a lot more during a show.

We enjoyed Clay's songs, RP is one of our favorites, Melody certainly belts
out a tune along with her fiddle! Colton never misses his mark! Matt will keep you laughing so much! AND there's Johnny Lonestar, one of our
favorite people on & off the stage. EIGHT dancers, WOW!!! IF I missed anyone, it isn't intentional, the whole show keeps a person entertained
& not knowing what's coming next.................something for everyone.

There isn't one thing about the show that doesn't entertain someone.
A variety indeed! Clay is the star of the show, but Tina is right there
to encourage him. Not only is she a Wife & Mother, she's the Operations Manager that sees to every detail so the show can go on. She's the
Choregrapher, the costumer, every aspect of the show she knows!
The patriotic song Tina wrote is wonderful & VERY touching,
& says what we all think! We wish them every success with the new theater.
When you hear Clay say he's living his dream, the two of us can attest
to the fact that he definitely is "LIVING HIS DREAM"!

Saturday after the Buddy Lunch, we went to the theater, Clay took
us all over the new section, which will be awesome when complete.
So much goes into a theater before the curtain goes up no one realizes.
If a theater is two story, there must be an elevator & for the restaurant section there has to be a 100 gallon grease trap.

The decor of the theater is Texas Hill Country, which we both think is great!
Look for unique Texas items to be in the gift shop as well.

Make this show one of your Branson stops, you'll be entertained!
Can you feel the love? Can you feel me huggin' ya?
Bigggggggggg hug for my pal. xooxoxoxoxoxoxox
I know you are soooo proud. oxxooxxoxoxooxox
Old 03-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #52
The Caravelle

Thumbs up Congratulations

Clay & Tina,

Congratulations on your opening of the Newest and Nicest looking Theatre on the Strip! While it looked like the worst winter in years was going to hold you back, we knew that if anyone could get it done, You, Tina and the kids would be the ones!

Best wishes for a great season.

All your Friends at the Caravelle Theatre
Old 03-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #53
nannac
Super Ultra Member

Just wondering...... Does Clay still do his Conway Twitty songs in his new show?? I loved to hear him sing those old CT songs.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #54
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannac View Post
Just wondering...... Does Clay still do his Conway Twitty songs in his new show?? I loved to hear him sing those old CT songs.
YES YES YES!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #55
LBM
Super Ultra Member

Okay, I can't stand it! I'm leaving tomorrow after work and will be in Branson Wednesday morning! I'll see Clay's show Wednesday night. (And what a bonus...Neal Mc Coy Wednesday afternoon!) 1400 miles, 3 full days in Branson and home to host the family for Easter on Sunday!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #56
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBM View Post
Okay, I can't stand it! I'm leaving tomorrow after work and will be in Branson Wednesday morning! I'll see Clay's show Wednesday night. (And what a bonus...Neal Mc Coy Wednesday afternoon!) 1400 miles, 3 full days in Branson and home to host the family for Easter on Sunday!
You Go Girl! As much as I love Branson, don't think I"d attempt a trip of that many miles to only stay 3 days! I"d be serving hot dogs on Easter if I did that!
Old 03-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #57
Branson Junkie
Ultra Member

Just returned from Clay's first morning show of the 2010 season. WOW!!!!!!!! is the only response I can come up with. It was excellent as usual. One of the things that makes his shows so great is his "supporting cast". He has the ability to pick great performers to be a part of his production - Matt Gumm - unbelievably talented, Where does he get all that energy? - the Buckets and Boards guys are multi-talented also. Add to them all the great performers who've been a part of his show for years - Tina, RP (hope that's right), Melody, the dancers and band. I was surprised that Colt's part is much smaller than in the past. Theater looked great, even though work was on-going while the show was in progress. Best wishes to everyone involved in the Clay Cooper Theater productions.

Closed Thread