Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Man View Post
Grisly to say the least!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8565567.stm

Coach Man
Ouch..that is so sad.
I recall my Dad and Grandpa and the neighbors after a rogue wolf. Geese, I never even thought about it being fatal to anyone but the wolf, which it was.

Now, I have a story. My Grandfather was born in 1879 in Nova Scotia. He remembers as a little boy the story they told him, about why Grandma didn't come home from berry picking one day. They didn't know what happened to her all winter. And in the early spring when the bears were waking they found pieces of her blue floral dress on a path where the snow had melted. After looking around they found the rest of her dress and I suppose bones in a hollow log, where a bear had dragged her for his winters meal.

And, every time he told the story it was ''larger''.
Her husband, slept in a brass bed on a front porch and was struck by lighting that hit the bed post.

No wonder I had nightmares.

I hope those coyotes out in my yard are not like wolves.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
Critter
Super Ultra Member

That is sooo sad. Are our wolves that aggressive???? My cousin gets on facebook and talks to my brother and me and he is from there.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
Ouch..that is so sad.
I recall my Dad and Grandpa and the neighbors after a rogue wolf. Geese, I never even thought about it being fatal to anyone but the wolf, which it was.

Now, I have a story. My Grandfather was born in 1879 in Nova Scotia. He remembers as a little boy the story they told him, about why Grandma didn't come home from berry picking one day. They didn't know what happened to her all winter. And in the early spring when the bears were waking they found pieces of her blue floral dress on a path where the snow had melted. After looking around they found the rest of her dress and I suppose bones in a hollow log, where a bear had dragged her for his winters meal.

And, every time he told the story it was ''larger''.
Her husband, slept in a brass bed on a front porch and was struck by lighting that hit the bed post.

No wonder I had nightmares.

I hope those coyotes out in my yard are not like wolves.
We have seen HUGE 'animals' in our yard...we thought they were wolves, but the Mo Conservation people say 'no', they're coyotes....no wolves in Missouri ????????????? I miss MOSES! He kept them away!
Old 03-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

Mn , was just talking about the same thing, shis,,
So sad about that horrid attack,,,
Old 03-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #6
Double Mom
Packer Fan

How horrible, such a sad story. We have wolves around here, they have been in the field right next to our house. I used to walk every night with my dog but now go into town to walk. The wolves have killed dogs around here, come into peoples yards and getting them. There were 8 hunting dogs killed in a 3 month span while guys were out in the woods with their dogs. The DNR keeps telling us there is no wolf problem in our county though. We even had a cougar in our county, a picture was in the paper this week, a guy caught it on his camera he had set up in the woods.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:50 AM   #7
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Mom View Post
How horrible, such a sad story. We have wolves around here, they have been in the field right next to our house. I used to walk every night with my dog but now go into town to walk. The wolves have killed dogs around here, come into peoples yards and getting them. There were 8 hunting dogs killed in a 3 month span while guys were out in the woods with their dogs. The DNR keeps telling us there is no wolf problem in our county though. We even had a cougar in our county, a picture was in the paper this week, a guy caught it on his camera he had set up in the woods.
However, these dangerous animals are on the endangered species list and probably have more right than you do.

Bears, Cats, Wolves, should they be lose here on the farm, I'd probably get into trouble if I shot them before I called the Game Warden and he came out and placed a trap.

The Cows and Calves tho, are not endangered and it's okay if the Cat/Bear/Wolf has a meal before it's caged.

I can shoot only if I have absolute proof that the wild animal was endangering my safety or the safety of my cattle. (ie a pest).

If I have a predator here, they won't believe me, unless I have a photograph for them. (even our Newspaper Editor complained of not being believed cause in his fear and awe, he couldn't produce a digi shot of being face to face with a mountain lion.)

Closed Thread