Register FAQ Members List Event Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 11:44 PM   #16
adair iowa

Mr G's is my preference!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #17
Liz1955

The best pizza in Branson is actually in Hollister Audies Pizza on Business 65 (main road in historic Hollister) located next to a fish market (great for fresh fish and seafood to buy). Owner is from Chicago and makes his dough everyday. Place is a local dive but the atmosphere works out when your pizza arrives!!!
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 06-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #18
Fishboy

Pizza by the Chef is our favorite. We have never gotten anything but the best from those guys. Thinking bout it is making me hungry!
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 06-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #19
momx3
Decisionally Challenged

Does anyone know the hours for the buffet @ Hollister Pizza Company? We have always wanted to try their pizza but have never came into town via 86 to 65, we typically come through kimberling city/Branson west and just never made it out that way...
Thanks in advance for your help
Old 06-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #20
VictoriasMom
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz1955 View Post
The best pizza in Branson is actually in Hollister Audies Pizza on Business 65 (main road in historic Hollister) located next to a fish market (great for fresh fish and seafood to buy). Owner is from Chicago and makes his dough everyday. Place is a local dive but the atmosphere works out when your pizza arrives!!!
Yes I will second motion on Audi's in Hollister. Lots of cheese too.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #21
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz1955 View Post
Owner is from Chicago and makes his dough everyday.
Glad he is making a profit
Old 06-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #22
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmationDad View Post
Glad he is making a profit

Nothing gets past DD. He keeps us on our toes.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 06-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #23
bransonframer
Coming out of hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by momx3 View Post
Does anyone know the hours for the buffet @ Hollister Pizza Company? We have always wanted to try their pizza but have never came into town via 86 to 65, we typically come through kimberling city/Branson west and just never made it out that way...
Monday thru Saturday: 11:00 to 9:00
Sunday: 11:00 to 3:00

I'm pretty sure they run buffet the entire time they are open, but not 100% sure.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #24
momx3
Decisionally Challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransonframer View Post
Monday thru Saturday: 11:00 to 9:00
Sunday: 11:00 to 3:00

I'm pretty sure they run buffet the entire time they are open, but not 100% sure.
Thank You so much!
Old 06-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #25
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyann View Post
Pizza by the Chef has the "take home" option on all of their pizzas, just like Papa Murphy's.
Good to know. We're staying near Branson West soon and I'd love to do the take home thing, and then heat it up after we're done swimming, etc.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #26
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by momx3 View Post
if you attend the buffet festivities at Hollister Pizza Company please post a review..and while there really check things out. We went once, won't be back. But would like some other opinions please.

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 06-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #27
Branson Bluesman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach7777 View Post
if you attend the buffet festivities at Hollister Pizza Company please post a review..and while there really check things out. We went once, won't be back. But would like some other opinions please.
OK...
I can tell you that the HPC won't win an award for best pizza. It's ok, it's certainly not the worst pizza I've ever had, but it's not the best. However, their food bar has some killer alfredo and other pasta on it. Their salad bar is also great. As a whole package, I'd say it's very good. On the merits of their pizza alone, it's good but you've probably had better.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #28
Hollywood
Administrator

For me I have not found a pizza place that has wow'd me with their pizza. I used to like deep dish and now I love thin crust. I also like pizza with a lot of flavor. But I think it depends on your preference, crust type, toppings etc.

Audi's Pizza - Good pizza however the pizza I ordered had real thick crust (I'd rather have thin)
Papa John's - Good pizza if you tell them to only put half the sauce.
Pizza Hut - Not real thrilled with their pizza or service. Too fast food-ish for me. Perhaps if they made everything from scratch. Seems like everything is already pre-made.
Grand Country Papa's Pizza - Like the pizza depending on what they have on the buffet. I like their Alfredo and spinach pizza.
Luigi's - Good pizza- I like them.
Mr G's (downtown) - It has been a while but it seemed like it was good.
Rocky's (downtown) - Great place to hang out. I have tried a number of items, liked everything and has a unique atmosphere.
Pizza World - I thought there pizza buffet was good.
Mazzio's - It depends on what they have on their buffet. I really like their spinach artichoke pasta.
Domino's - Have not tried the pizza since they re-evaluated their pizza and made changes. Perhaps I will get around to trying soon.
Hollister Pizza - Decent pizza, nice salad bar. It is hit or miss though. The couple times I have gone there was quite a crowd and the type of pizza I like is gone and so I either wait and have them make a pizza or eat the other pizza that is left. The price seems a little high at $9.95 per person.

And this is unrelated but if you are ever in Dallas, TX there is a great pizza place off Hwy 75 called Campisi's. I loved there pizza, miss it.

Last edited by Hollywood : 06-08-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #29
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
For me I have not found a pizza place that has wow'd me with their pizza. I used to like deep dish and now I love thin crust. I also like pizza with a lot of flavor. But I think it depends on your preference, crust type, toppings etc.

Audi's Pizza - Good pizza however the pizza I ordered had real thick crust (I'd rather have thin)
Papa John's - Good pizza if you tell them to only put half the sauce.
Pizza Hut - Not real thrilled with their pizza or service. Too fast food-ish for me. Perhaps if they made everything from scratch. Seems like everything is already pre-made.
Grand Country Papa's Pizza - Like the pizza depending on what they have on the buffet. I like their Alfredo and spinach pizza.
Luigi's - Good pizza- I like them.
Mr G's (downtown) - It has been a while but it seemed like it was good.
Rocky's (downtown) - Great place to hang out. I have tried a number of items, liked everything and has a unique atmosphere.
Pizza World - I thought there pizza buffet was good.
Mazzio's - It depends on what they have on their buffet. I really like their spinach artichoke pasta.
Domino's - Have not tried the pizza since they re-evaluated their pizza and made changes. Perhaps I will get around to trying soon.
Hollister Pizza - Decent pizza, nice salad bar. It is hit or miss though. The couple times I have gone there was quite a crowd and the type of pizza I like is gone and so I either wait and have them make a pizza or eat the other pizza that is left. The price seems a little high at $9.95 per person.

And this is unrelated but if you are ever in Dallas, TX there is a great pizza place off Hwy 75 called Campisi's. I loved there pizza, miss it.
Well Mr. Wood, you are missing 2 of the best choices in the TriLakes area.

Pizza by the Chef and Parmesans.

(disclosure--I'm a hand tossed guy, but DW has the thin crust and loves it)
Old 06-08-2010, 01:58 PM   #30
Hollywood
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmationDad View Post
Well Mr. Wood, you are missing 2 of the best choices in the TriLakes area.

Pizza by the Chef and Parmesans.

(disclosure--I'm a hand tossed guy, but DW has the thin crust and loves it)
Hmmm...I saw where someone raved about Parmesans on a thread. I will have to check out both places. Parmesans is on Hwy 13 on the way to Kimberling City I believe is what I read. I have heard of Pizza by the chef but I am unfamiliar with their location(s)

Closed Thread