1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Old 01-18-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
OkieAnon

Home and Garden Show

anybody go to these things? I did yesterday, just me and about a million other people I think... it wasn't that bad I guess esp in the morning.

after all the cold weather decided to skip the football and get out and do something, so this is what was going on down in OKC yesterday.

roofing products, driveway products, heaters, windows, doors, granite counter tops, tree's, bush's, yard deco, storage buildings, siding, patio's, tractors, lawnmowers, and even shamwow...... plus a lot more in 4 big buildings. coulda spent a fortune.

oh and the State Fair cinnamon - pecan log rolls were great.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

I used to go to those shows when I lived in Memphis. Did you find anything you had to buy besides the cinnamon pecan log rolls?
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
I used to go to those shows when I lived in Memphis. Did you find anything you had to buy besides the cinnamon pecan log rolls?
there was the frito pie

let's see... I was tempted on the tool that cut's marble stone... I have so much marble stone to cut

i'd of loved to bought the little log cabin and put it at the farm by the pond... but there was that 16,000.00 price tag.

then there was the tractor made by a company called Branson (with a name like that it would have to be good) .... and all the toys that came with it... around 20,000.00 would've been nice to have... if i'd of had 20,000.00.

we did buy a couple welded metal flowers for the yard, one member of our family was having back problems and tried some inner soles for their shoes, felt so good she bought them.

brought home a lot of brochures, we'd like a new carport, got some info and web addresses to look at.

was a company that put's granite counter tops on, not the real expensive granite that you have to take the top of the counter tops off but they go over the top of the old counter tops with a piece of granite about a quarter inch thick, we're interested, doing some measuring... best thing is they drive the 3 hours to come out here, not everyone will do that, they've already done it for a couple people out here and gave us names for references.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

I love Home and Garden Shows.

Even if you are not thinking of any major projects, you can pick up such good decorating ideas. They have so many new ideas each year and sometimes it just happens to be what you are looking for.

I go to the Home and garden shows both in KC and Branson and enjoy both.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #5
OKCtraveler
Super Ultra Member

We were there Saturday, gosh the crowds were impossible! Saw several friends, bought some Head Country BBQ sauce, and talked to the SafeRoom people. Might possibly buy one, you know the Tornadoes in Oklahoma!
OKCtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #6
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCtraveler View Post
We were there Saturday, gosh the crowds were impossible! Saw several friends, bought some Head Country BBQ sauce, and talked to the SafeRoom people. Might possibly buy one, you know the Tornadoes in Oklahoma!
Head Country makes some good BBQ sauce; I've bought it in the past. One of those items that can occasionally be found at the grocery store or WM but not always.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote