Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #16
TazGal

Mike Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkanDan View Post
Mike Walker at the God & Country theater does a mean Conway Twitty. I haven't seen his show, but he came out before the Gene Watson show back on the 25th of October and did some tunes. Was impressed and hope to see his show soon. Not sure how much Conway he does during his production as he does others too, such as George Jones, etc. Maybe someone here will have more information.
I don't have much more information except that I agree that Mike Walker's Conway Twitty is wonderful! I have heard him many times back in the mall and he is an amazing performer!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #17
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazGal View Post
I don't have much more information except that I agree that Mike Walker's Conway Twitty is wonderful! I have heard him many times back in the mall and he is an amazing performer!
Sounds not only like we have a lot of Mike Walker fans here but, a lot of Coway Twitty fans, also

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 04-30-2010, 01:17 PM   #18
Lindsey
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post
Let's hope that they are able to bring the show back in 2010.

Would be a good addition to the 2010 lineup.
any hope for the conway tribute show to return this year?????
Old 05-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #19
acappellicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don D View Post
I was fortunate to see Conway's last performance in Branson. A matinee at a theatre in or in the vicinity of the Jim Stafford Theatre. Could have been the Lowes Theatre at that time.
I, too, saw Conway's last performance in Branson. I was probably about 10 years old at the time. I think Janie Fricke opened for him. I remember him nearly passing out at the end of "Goodbye Time" and one of his band members throwing his instrument aside to rush to Conway's aid. The curtains were closed, someone called for a doctor, and we were all asked to leave the theatre. That night, however, Conway came back and signed autographs for anyone who had been at that particular performance. He sat in a chair onstage flanked by two other gentlemen and signed until every last person had an autograph. I still have my autographed 8X10 and my mother still has pictures she took of him signing those autographs.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #20
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

What wonderful memories you have of Conway. I'm sure that last performance means a lot to you.

What a marvelous person to return to sign autographs when he was so ill. Would sure like to see a tribute show of Conway. Mike Wallace does some very good Conway songs.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/

Closed Thread