1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
griff10

Tent Camping

Can anyone provide some suggestions on a good place to tent camp for one night at the end of August? I don't necessarily need access to the lake, but would like to have a decent swimming pool.

I have been looking at Silver Dollar City and America's Best Campgrounds. Anyone know anything about those?
Old 08-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

SDC's The Wilderness campground does have a pool (recently refurbished) and it allows tents; there is a discount if you have a SDC pass. Near there is Tall Pines Campground, slightly less expensive than The Wilderness, and it allows tents and has a nice pool. ABC is geared more toward RVs; according to my Trailer Life directory it has 2 tent sites and it does have a pool.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
BenjisDad

Tent camping in August. ugh.. you're a better man than I am. I don't think I could take the humidity. Maybe in early October when it starts to cool down during the day...

That said there is a KOA in Branson that even offers some shuttle service to shows, shopping, restaurants etc. www.bransonkoa.com
Old 08-03-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
randjm
Ultra Member

We've stayed at both in a tent camper. SDC campground is really nice but the spots are extremely close together. My brother stayed there over the
4th of July in a tent and said the padded tent sites are very nice. They do have good pool and a nice store. We stayed at ABC campground a few years ago when Indian Point Campground had to cancel our reservations on short notice due to repair work. The campground felt like a parking lot full of large RVs. The owners/managers quoted us one price on the phone and then when we checked in, charged a higher rate. They really didn't act like they cared. We haven't been back since then. Compton Ridge campground is across from the Widlerness. We haven't stayed there but it looks pretty nice. We normally stay at Indian Point Campground. It doesn't have a pool but does have a nice beach and is about half the price of the other campgrounds.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
griff10

Wanted to update everyone about our camping trip. We did stay at The Wilderness by SDC. It was a great time. It has a good location, close to the strip. Their pool was very nice. I agree with a previous poster that the tent sites are a bit too close together. Not much room for parking and a fire pit, but we did manage. We used part of the campsite next to us, as it was unoccupied. I could see how it would seem overcrowded though if staying on a night where they were at full capacity. On another note, the front desk staff there was not very friendly. Got a good place to stay at a low price though, so I guess that's all that matters.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for the update!

Closed Thread