1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
BransonIOWA

Top Of The Rock Restaurant Update

Has anyone heard anything lately on when this restaurant will open and has anyone gotten a sneak peek on how it will look. We are going to be at Big Cedar Wilderness Club in July and are hoping to dine there. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Both the Top of the Rock restaurant and the golf course have been "closed for renovation" forever now. The fact that the Big Cedar website never indicates an anticipated reopening date makes me wonder if they are holding off on things until the economy improves.

Good Times in Branson
Old 04-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Strange that you mention July, because it is supposed to be open by the 4th of July . . . 2007, I believe.

Seriously.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
GrandCanyon
Tourguide Expert

Thumbs up

Top of the Rock got knocked off the rock--it's a myth (ole' wives tale) that it's reopening. Every year they say soon . . . that means notta.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Maybe it is just a project to see how high they can build the berm.

There is always several workers' vehicles park in the GC maintenance parking area.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #6
Kat001

My husband works at BCL and he said that it will open next year, I guess they are totaly remodeling it and also the golf course. My husband just said that when they do open it, it will not be nothing like it in the region. He also said that why they have not opened TOTR because they want to open it as well as the golf course at the same time......It is going to be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BransonIOWA View Post
Has anyone heard anything lately on when this restaurant will open and has anyone gotten a sneak peek on how it will look. We are going to be at Big Cedar Wilderness Club in July and are hoping to dine there. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:15 PM   #7
GrandCanyon
Tourguide Expert

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat001 View Post
My husband works at BCL and he said that it will open next year, I guess they are totaly remodeling it and also the golf course. My husband just said that when they do open it, it will not be nothing like it in the region. He also said that why they have not opened TOTR because they want to open it as well as the golf course at the same time......It is going to be awesome!
... in 2006 someone that worked there said it would be 2007 ... in 2007 they said 2008 ... in 2008 they said 2009 ... now it's 2009 -- LOL. PT Barnum had it right.

The only REAL TOP OF THE ROCK is in Rockefeller Plaza, in NYC: http://www.topoftherocknyc.com/

Last edited by GrandCanyon; 04-09-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:02 AM   #8
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat001 View Post
Thanks for the news.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #9
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for the information. I thought Top of the Rock golf course was pretty spectacular the way it was (though I learned after my first couple of rounds not to walk it... at least not in the heat of summer!). The renovation will have to be pretty fantastic to make it better than it was.

Good Times in Branson
Old 04-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #10
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

So, are they converting it to a real golf course, or keeping it a Par 3?

While it's been closed, Branson Creek, Murder Rock and Payne Stewart have opened. For TOTR to be more than those is saying a lot.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:05 AM   #11
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

If I were Big Cedar I would keep it a nine hole par three. They (in my opinion) could not compete with those other courses for the hard-core golfer. TOTR as it was was a well-maintained and manicured course with fantastic views that could be enjoyed by the casual golfer (like me). In my opinion it should stay that way... that was their niche.

Good Times in Branson
Old 04-10-2009, 12:07 PM   #12
pmccune

I so agree and we are patiently (?) waiting.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
If I were Big Cedar I would keep it a nine hole par three. They (in my opinion) could not compete with those other courses for the hard-core golfer. TOTR as it was was a well-maintained and manicured course with fantastic views that could be enjoyed by the casual golfer (like me). In my opinion it should stay that way... that was their niche.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #13
Jalva2
Super Ultra Member

I'd be disappointed to see the course changed too much. It was already an Audubon Signature Course and I just enjoyed being able to play a course designed by Jack Nicklaus. It would be a shame to lose either of those calling cards.

http://www.nicklaus.com/design/topoftherock/
Old 04-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #14
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

I'll defer to Johnny.

Closed Thread