Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Where to eat and NOT to eat. Branson Dining
Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining
Register FAQ Members List Event Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
michaelsmalley

Where to eat and NOT to eat.

We were in Branson for a long weekend over Turkey day and had a great time. We ate at the Grand Country Buffet for Thanksgiving and were very pleased. They do an excellent job of serving good food to a VERY large crowd. On Friday we ate at the Cracker Barrel and found both the food and service only fair. On Saturday we ate at Peppercorn's and the only thing worse than the food was the service. On Sunday we took all the kids to Fudruckers and it was great. Just regular food but very good burgers and fries. I certainly wouldn't recommend the Cracker Barrel or Peppercorn's but Grand Country and Fudruckers were great. Just thought I would pass this on.

Mike S.

Last edited by michaelsmalley : 12-12-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #2
shellhud

Thanks, I would have to agree with the peppercorn. However, we have never had a problem with Cracker Barrel.
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 12-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #3
Flips
Ultra Member

We ate supper at "The Rails" tonight as I needed frog legs for the last time this season!!!!!
They close tomorrow for the season-------- so if ya need seafood gumbo & frog legs like I did for one more time-----better go tomorrow -or have to wait until Spring!!!!!!
I asked if they could fix me seafood gumbo to go----- for when I needed a nice bowl this winter when I have a cold or don't feel well!!!!!
Old 12-13-2008, 05:23 AM   #4
Tams
Super Ultra Member

Peppercorns is always in my DO NOT GO LIST....Cracker Barrel NEVER HAD A PROBLEM...I guess you just have to be in the mood for good country food...never have been to Fudruckers...

Let me breathe the air!!!!
Old 12-13-2008, 07:31 AM   #5
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

It seems as though Peppercorns, Plantation, Baldknobbers restarurant, and BT Bones stay on the DO NOT GO list on this board. Usually Cracker Barrel is reliable, must have been an off day.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:39 AM   #6
OKCtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Peppercorns, Plantation, Baldknobbers
Same owners! Also Fall Creek Steak House is owned by these people.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:49 AM   #7
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCtraveler View Post
Same owners! Also Fall Creek Steak House is owned by these people.
Hmmm....didn't know that. I am surprised they all stay open but like someone said here one time.....you get new people visiting in town and them not reading this board and eating there.....
Old 12-13-2008, 10:18 AM   #8
onemobetta
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
It seems as though Peppercorns, Plantation, Baldknobbers restarurant, and BT Bones stay on the DO NOT GO list on this board. Usually Cracker Barrel is reliable, must have been an off day.
===========================================

DITTO--DITTO--DITTO--DITTO
Old 12-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #9
SweetBransonGrl

A rule of thumb....if Nolan Fogle owns the restaurant...don't eat there...(Plantation, Baldknobbers, Peppercorns, Fall Creek Steakhouse and Whippersnappers). One of our customers..both husband and wife got nasty food poisoning from eating at the Plantation. I would not eat at Dockers either....
Old 12-15-2008, 07:02 AM   #10
hhawkins
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsmalley View Post
. . . . On Sunday we took all the kids to Fudruckers and it was great. Just regular food but very good burgers and fries. . . . .

Mike S.
Just regular food. I guess you mean nothing fancy. I will give you that. However, there is nothing regular about the size of their burgers. They are HUGE!!!!!!

I Vote "Right!"
Old 12-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #11
Murphy77
WOOO PIG SOOIE !! GO HOGS

Where to eat and where not eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsmalley View Post
We were in Branson for a long weekend over Turkey day and had a great time. We ate at the Grand Country Buffet for Thanksgiving and were very pleased. They do an excellent job of serving good food to a VERY large crowd. On Friday we ate at the Cracker Barrel and found both the food and service only fair. On Saturday we ate at Peppercorn's and the only thing worse than the food was the service. On Sunday we took all the kids to Fudruckers and it was great. Just regular food but very good burgers and fries. I certainly wouldn't recommend the Cracker Barrel or Peppercorn's but Grand Country and Fudruckers were great. Just thought I would pass this on.

Mike S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhawkins View Post
Just regular food. I guess you mean nothing fancy. I will give you that. However, there is nothing regular about the size of their burgers. They are HUGE!!!!!!
I have been going to Branson,Mo for over 30 + years not as long as some but long enough. I thourghly enjoy visiting there and staying there for several years at a lot of different hotels,motels and resorts. A lot of them have closed due to the strong arm of big chains coming in and killing them off. That is a whole other story in its self for another time. The topic of this is eating in Branson,Mo, it may sound very one sided but I am very old fashioned and traditional as well.

I am only 32 years hence that I have been coming to Branson,Mo since I was a wee one. I have faves and places I would rather eat the soul of my shoe instead of going to eat at. I have stated on here before about my faves. I will say it again and whom ever wants to can argue and make fun of me. The Hillybilly inn for breakfast, for lunch the Farm house in downtown Branson,Mo or what ever is left of it.

I am seriously trying to refrain from ranting about the landing and hotel killing downtown Branson,Mo buts its not easy. Back to the topic dinner at Sadies Sideboard on 76 HWY. I have some damn good memories of older places like Adams Rib and the Cannery which is now the Ramada's breakfast building for guests at the Ramada. I absolutely loved Mr.B's icecream in old downtown Branson,Mo which is right across from the Farm house restaraunt.

Mr. B's had the best mint chocolate chip ice cream ever and hotdog's and apple butter and cobblers as well. It was sold to another group of people that run it and it has not been the same since. I will still go the icecream but the feeling is lost. I have to say and I am very proud of them as well is the old fudge shop there in downtown Branson,Mo although they do not think that bridge mix is candy. There was an older lady of the that work there that gave my Grandmother attitude when she asked for bridge mix. My Grandmother is the last one you want to mess with she'll eat you alive !!!. Personally its my Grandmother and hey don't mess with her unless you want a beating from me " Her first born granson".

I really just want to state a few places that I really don't like that well to eat at in Branson,Mo first of all any chain restaraunt including Panera's. I do not like the Plantation as I used to its awful now. Landry's quality has gone down hill as well. Red Lobster? Why are you even in Branson,Mo you are every where!!!. I would much rather eat a localy owned sea food place with localy cought fish from Taney or table rock lakes. I have to say that he best place for fancy dining is the Candle Stick Inn its a little pricey but the Candle Stick Inn has survived the hell of take overs and closings of all of the good places.

My wife and I ate at the Candle Stick Inn on our honey moon in 2006 and it was still the same and great to eat at and awesome deserts. Although the view from the windows are great to look at the lake although you have to stare at the Landing since it takes up too much damn space and it looks like a las vegas eye sore in Branson,Mo.

Ok that is all for now till I feel like ranting some more on here. I am open to all questions, comments,insults or whatever you feel like dishing it out. But be prepared to recieve it if you can give it. If you can't then grow up !!!!.

Sincerely.

Mr. Branson,Mo.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:20 PM   #12
Flips
Ultra Member

All I have to say is---------- I am really really really glad for each & every business in Branson!!!!!!!!!! No matter if others consider them the best or the worst place to eat or shop------ or show to go to or not to go to!! etc.etc--

Some may be higher priced------but you have people who want & will pay those prices!!!!!! Even if you won't!!!!!!

And Babette Young & Nolan Fogel seen to get put down on this forum for there 5 restaurants & two gift shops-------But I'm glad for each & every tour bus they pull in to Branson!!!!! I'm glad for all the people they employee & I'm glad for all the products they buy & all the taxes they pay & how they bring money into Branson & the money they spend in Branson & all they do to promote Branson!!!!!!!!!

Hubby & I have owned lodging & restaurants & a catering company to name a few businesses over the past 40 plus years------ & I have a small idea of what it takes to keep them all going & pay the bills & bring in business & take care of your employees!!!! And the expense & upkeep & taxes & insurance & utilities -etc.etc.etc-----the list could go on for ever!

And Hubby & I usually have a contest between us as to how many tour buses will be at one or more of the Fogle's businesses as we go by each day!!!!

We have been coming to Branson for 50 plus years & now live here!
Do we promote the locally owned first -----yes we do----as we have been small business owners & know how important it is to have local support for your locally owned business!

But we live in Branson------ & I'm very very thankful for each successful business here-if I eat there or not sleep there or not shop there or not-etc.etc------!!!!!

I promote all of Branson to many hundred people a year who come here on vacation--------do I make anything from it-------yes------it keeps Branson our home town going & successful---that is what I make out of it!!!!!

I may like one eating place better than another & I may like one place to shop better than another & I may like some shows better than others------ but praise God we are NOT all alike & have different taste & different incomes!

I will continue to promote ALL businesses in Branson-----my choices may not be what everyone else likes!

But for Branson to continue to be successful during hard economic times---we better be supporting everyone in Branson----if it is our choice or not!!!!!!! Just my humble opinion!!! Thank you!
Old 12-17-2008, 12:47 PM   #13
Flips
Ultra Member

Well they must be doing SOMETHING right to own all those businesses & be paying all the money they are into the Branson economy!!!!
We have people who come to Branson & love there restaurants!!!
We have friends who own tour companies in Kansas who can't say anything nice enough about them!!!
So it isn't everyone's opinion!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 03:18 PM   #14
Jen77
In the Heart of Branson

I have never had a problem with Cracker Barrel. I thought everyone loved Fall Creek Resturant
Old 12-18-2008, 06:31 AM   #15
hhawkins
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy77 View Post
. . . . for lunch the Farm house in downtown Branson,Mo or what ever is left of it.

I am seriously trying to refrain from ranting about the landing and hotel killing downtown Branson,Mo buts its not easy. . . . . . .

Sincerely.

Mr. Branson,Mo.

We still visit downtown Branson every time we are in town. I could be wrong, but the stores that we visit seem to be even more packed than they were prior to the Landing. We have even been with people, and on their way to the Landing when they made comments like, "Wow, I did not know all this was down here." They were referring to Old Downtown Branson.

I would venture to guess that prior to The Landing, much of the Branson traffic from Hwy 65 Traffic took the 76 Exit and turned left it the light and barely knew anything existed to the right. The Landing has at least made people more aware of Downtown. You drive through and see it, maybe you will even stop and shop sometime.

Just my thoughts. Oh, we love The Landing.

I Vote "Right!"

Closed Thread