1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #61
Bobscigarbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Bob, did Dillon's reopen? Last month DH and I drove up to Mt. Branson early one Saturday eveing and there was not a car on the lot. Sure looked closed to us.
I will have to swing by and check it out, I personally havent been there since May of this year, they were open at that time.

Cheers
Old 01-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #62
Kristin McPhers

I can't wait to try Chester's next month. I've read rave reviews about their stuffed burgers.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #63
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
I'm not a Fudruckers fan - in fact, I've told dh I'd rather go to McDonalds - the same thin burger, and bun for 1/4 the price. To me, the burger is about the meat - I don't put a bunch of stuff on my burgers - Mayo, and a thick slice of tomato if it's available... or BBQ sauce, and sometimes a little onion or cheese.......I'd rather have a McD's Big Mac as anything I've ever had at Fudruckers.

Go ahead, it's okay, you can laugh at my taste, dh does.
I have to agree with you about Fudruckers. The toppings bar is great, but the burgers themselves are pretty marginal. Pretty much no taste as far as I can tell. You cannot make a decent burger with low-fat hamburger. It needs the fat to make it tasty and juicy. If you don't want the fat, that is fine. Just don't order burgers, because a low-fat burger is not worth the trouble. Might as well have yogurt or something.

Good Times in Branson
Old 01-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #64
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Although maybe not best compared to all the rest, we have found that Ruby Tuesday's little sliders at lunch, with the Garden Bar, to be good.

We discovered them here before the holidays, using the coupons hereabouts.

We took some coupons to Florida and did Ruby Tuesdays a couple times again with friends. Now that I think about, the same folks with us at RT here. After a couple trips to the Garden Bar, I took one of sliders home, along with DW's quiche.

We also did sliders at Uno's in Florida, with more and other friends, and they were a ripoff.

Carmine, our RT waiter in FL remembered us the second time, exactly what we ordered. He pretty much got what the coupons saved us.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #65
lucyann
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
You cannot make a decent burger with low-fat hamburger. It needs the fat to make it tasty and juicy. If you don't want the fat, that is fine. Just don't order burgers, because a low-fat burger is not worth the trouble.

I so agree with you! I tried using low fat ground beef for burgers. The taste just isn't there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
Although maybe not best compared to all the rest, we have found that Ruby Tuesday's little sliders at lunch, with the Garden Bar, to be good.
I agree with this also! We also like the Big Mouth Bites at Chili's.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #66
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Or if it's not from Harter House.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
You cannot make a decent burger with low-fat hamburger.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:17 PM   #67
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyann View Post
I so agree with you! I tried using low fat ground beef for burgers. The taste just isn't there.

I agree with this also! We also like the Big Mouth Bites at Chili's.
DH and I really like the Big Mouth Bites at Chili's. And if you're going to make your own burger (or cook your own steak, etc.) in Branson, do buy the meat at Harter House in Hollister.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #68
Critter
Super Ultra Member

A burger sounds pretty good right now.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #69
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Or Kimberling City.

Having plugged HH, Summerfresh in KC is having a Massive Meat Sale right now.

You buy a whole chunk of meat, just about any type, at deeply reduced prices, and then they cut it the way you want and wrap it free.

Top Sirloin, frinstance, is a buck ninety-nine and strips are three ninety-nine.

We got sirloin and for 24 bucks we got 12 top sirloin steaks our size and two huge roasts, which we decided to make more steaks out of when we got home.

We had em cut 1", and if you do it, I suggest 1 1/2".

They were really, really busy . . . wait-in-line busy, very unusual during no-one-is-here season.

DW used some leftovers for homade veggie beef soup, and she doesn't like me picking extra beef out in mine, so I think I'll lay out a steak for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
DH and I really like the Big Mouth Bites at Chili's. And if you're going to make your own burger (or cook your own steak, etc.) in Branson, do buy the meat at Harter House in Hollister.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #70
Don D
"Smilin Don"

Location: Fort Smith,Ar. 60 Mi.So. of UofA Campus. 3hr drive to Branson.
I reccomend, "Dana's Best Burgers in Branson". We have eaten there several times. GOOOOOD.!!!!. I saw Shoji in there twice [On HWY 165] picking up take out. He was trying to avoid being recognized. He was not being very successful.
People were shouting ," Shoji", he just waved, and grinned.
Don...

Last edited by Don D; 01-25-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:50 AM   #71
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

After saying that yesterday I got a couple of them out and grilled them.

MMM, MMM, MMM, MMM, MMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
We got sirloin and for 24 bucks we got 12 top sirloin steaks our size and two huge roasts, which we decided to make more steaks out of when we got home.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #72
katefromkansas

Dillons

Please tell me they opened up at a diffferent place on mt. branson?....The place they moved to after being in the old downtown part of Branson, over on mt. branson is something different now....no Dillons. They by far had the BEST cheeseburgers around! We have tried some of these other places everyone is mentioning and have yet to find anything like the ones we had at Dillons!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #73
Branson Bluesman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katefromkansas View Post
Please tell me they opened up at a diffferent place on mt. branson?....The place they moved to after being in the old downtown part of Branson, over on mt. branson is something different now....no Dillons. They by far had the BEST cheeseburgers around! We have tried some of these other places everyone is mentioning and have yet to find anything like the ones we had at Dillons!
AFAIK, Dillon's is history...
Old 02-03-2009, 07:43 AM   #74
katefromkansas

Branson BluesMan....You have any idea how to track down the owner/workers of Dillons?...would love to have their "SECRET" to their good burgers! I know their grill had alot to do with it...BUT...they had to have had a "special" seasoning or something.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:22 AM   #75
kctx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin McPhers View Post
I can't wait to try Chester's next month. I've read rave reviews about their stuffed burgers.
You guys are forgetting about Chesters! Their burgers, ORs, and fries are awesome. Their stuffed burgers are huge. We enjoyed ourselves more there than Billy Bobs during our last trip. Gotta try them!

Closed Thread