1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
ourocks4ever40
Super Ultra Member

Thumbs up Blackberry Curve

I just got a Blackberry Curve and let me to you this cell phone is awesome. I have the internet and I can get on this website when I am in the car or anywhere work, vacations, ect It is really amazing with what you can do with cell phones these days and it takes amazing pictures. and you can have up to 11 emails on it.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
ggh
Super User

My son gets online with his phone regularly - and he really likes it.

But I'm old, and those little screens and tiny buttons are not easy for me to see/use (or maybe I'm old and set in my ways???)

regardless, I've got a gadget that I put into my laptop, and I dial up to a cell tower, and can take my laptop down the interstate connected at super fast speeds, and surf while dh drives, we usually take the laptop with us, to download photos and check the email while we're away, now I don't have to pray for a decent connection with the WiFi at the hotel... I really love it - but it is a little more inconvienient to use than my cell phone, which is more portable.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
Gabriella
Super Ultra Member

Technology is something. But one thing's for sure, I can't use those things. I need a screen I can see...and my arm's not long enough to hold it back that far.

Got a 17" laptop, big screen TV, digital camera...all I need is a phone I can talk on, dial out on and rings in...
Old 06-22-2008, 11:51 AM   #4
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella View Post
Technology is something. But one thing's for sure, I can't use those things. I need a screen I can see...and my arm's not long enough to hold it back that far.

Got a 17" laptop, big screen TV, digital camera...all I need is a phone I can talk on, dial out on and rings in...
Amen to ALL the above!
When this BIG computer goes out, it's only the laptop for me!
When the Laptop goes out, I'll just get a 17" screen one!
Old 06-22-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
ourocks4ever40
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillHilly View Post
I was in Costco yesterday returning my GPS, ('nother thread ) and stopped by the cell phone kiosk. Nice young man there, answered a lot of questions. I asked, "isn't the Blackberry pretty much a business tool?" He said no, it's really an "everybody" tool. I haven't done any research on it to speak of, so I don't know what capabilities it has, or if I would use them anyway.

The question is, what does it cost per month to have internet over and above the regular cell plan? My guess is around $30/month. I have an older Motorola E815 phone on Verizon, and I've never tried to get on the internet with it, because I have internet at work and home and don't feel the need to surf in between. Just wondering what your experiences are with the Blackberry.
I believe the customer care said $19.99 a month for unlimited email and web browsing. right now they gave me one free month to try it out. it also has WI/FI and I can get on it that way too.

Closed Thread