Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Bears in Branson? Just for Chit Chat
Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat
Register FAQ Members List Event Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 09:53 AM   #1
OkieAnon

Bears in Branson?

reading some of the Branson news sites and just noticed this blip... there's an increasing problem with bears in the area

I don't think they are talking about the poster Grizzly

the picture was of a black bear drinking from a bird bath. according to someone quoted in the artilce if you see one you should scare it out of your yard..... they want you to scare it
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #2
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

The approximate Missouri bear population is 400, all south of I-44.

The Wal Mart in Branson West used to have a picture of the Lampe bear eating out of a birdfeeder.

DW and nephew saw it one night when we rounded a courve on H HWY and it was in the light of the headlights.

http://mdc.mo.gov/news/out/1999/042399.html

Last edited by NotJLB : 05-25-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-24-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
jakwi
Super Ultra Member

I hope the Branson area isn't hiding any of those terrible "Chicago Bear Fans".
Old 05-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
reading some of the Branson news sites and just noticed this blip... there's an increasing problem with bears in the area

I don't think they are talking about the poster Grizzly

the picture was of a black bear drinking from a bird bath. according to someone quoted in the artilce if you see one you should scare it out of your yard..... they want you to scare it
I wasn't going to bring it up, but just yesterday I heard a rumor about recent bear sightings near Hollister just off 65.

It's still "The Economy Stupid!"
Old 05-24-2008, 08:12 PM   #5
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Now THAT is scary!

We had one spotted here last year and when it came to going to my car in the morning hours, I told my girl to hurry and get in the garage and not play around. I don't know if they ever found it or not. Don't remember that part about it.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Yes there are bears in Southern MO...all across the state. They are migrating up from Arkansas, where they were planted.....they came from Minnesota ... now generations later, their instinct is taking them home.
Not fast enough for me.

Also we have Mountain Lions and a Panther .............but we just don't get pictures of them, so no one believes us....

Then ''big foot'' is stealing from the feed bucket in the barn.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #7
GNEE
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakwi View Post
I hope the Branson area isn't hiding any of those terrible "Chicago Bear Fans".
Old 05-24-2008, 11:02 PM   #8
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

..just want to make sure i have the facts straight....would this be "bear sightings"....or "bare sightings".....? Inquring minds...........

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 05-25-2008, 07:55 AM   #9
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Mine did not grow. Maybe I planted them too deep or too close together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
They are migrating up from Arkansas, where they were planted.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:56 AM   #10
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Yes. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach7777 View Post
..just want to make sure i have the facts straight....would this be "bear sightings"....or "bare sightings".....? Inquring minds...........

Closed Thread