Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shopping

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #1
him8nc
Branson Area Native

Looking for honey manufactured in Branson

Hello, folks!

I'm searching for a company in Branson that manufactures honey, on behalf of a customer.

I've tried searching on Google but haven't had much luck.

If anyone can think of a company in Branson that manufactures honey, I would greatly appreciate its name so I can continue my search.

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
ggh
Super User

If you truely want honey 'manufactured' by the bees in Branson, check the local farmers Market - I'm not sure the farmers market is active in the winter, but it will be soon.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
StarsRUs
Super Ultra Member

Several years ago, before the Landing was built, we used to always (through the warm months) go to a Farmer's Market down Main Street, by the river. We went 'every time' we were there.

Sorry, but that's all I know, haven't been to one since the Landing....so hopefully someone will post. I would love to go to one again. We got the best produce to eat while we were there. It seems like I bought several jars of local Honey too.

We LOVE Farmer's Markets, and go to any that we can find, where ever we travel. Best ones we've found have all been in California so far.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:10 AM   #4
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Is there a big taste difference in the honey that has the comb in it versus (sp) what you buy at your local store????
Old 02-19-2008, 05:50 AM   #5
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
Is there a big taste difference in the honey that has the comb in it versus (sp) what you buy at your local store????
Buying at our local Farmers Market, I find that what the bees "ate" makes the taste difference.
A friend of mine has a few bees in her pecan groves and her honey is the best I have ever tasted.
Since it's not Honey Season right now, we are stocked up until it is the right time of year.
It's tough to run out in the middle of Winter.

Here's a good guy we have bought honey from:
Davidson Bee Farm
673 Wild Prairie Road
Ozark, MO 65721

Here's also a place in Springfield called "Honey Heaven", but I have never been there. Always wanted to though.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #6
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
Buying at our local Farmers Market, I find that what the bees "ate" makes the taste difference.
A friend of mine has a few bees in her pecan groves and her honey is the best I have ever tasted.
Since it's not Honey Season right now, we are stocked up until it is the right time of year.
It's tough to run out in the middle of Winter.

Here's a good guy we have bought honey from:
Davidson Bee Farm
673 Wild Prairie Road
Ozark, MO 65721

Here's also a place in Springfield called "Honey Heaven", but I have never been there. Always wanted to though.
Also, buying local honey helps a lot for allergy sufferers. Can't remember off the top of my head what the correlation is, but know that local honey is supposed to be good for allergy sufferers.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:50 AM   #7
lucyann
Super Ultra Member

The local bought honey doesn't have to have the honeycomb in the jar. However, local honey (Van Buren) is 10x's better and much cheaper. I buy a quart jar for about $10. The color is golden and the flavor is oh so good.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:56 AM   #8
Branson Queen
Ultra Member

Silver Dollar City has had a booth that sells honey. I have bought it before and it was very good. I think it came from either the Ozark or Springfield area. Yum!
Old 02-21-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
ggh
Super User

If it is a customer, wanting local honey for allergies - the local'er' to the customer the better - and in that case, buying honey from a Spfld beehive if they live in Branson isn't going to provide any help that the honey at the grocery store doesn't provide.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #10
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyann View Post
The local bought honey doesn't have to have the honeycomb in the jar. However, local honey (Van Buren) is 10x's better and much cheaper. I buy a quart jar for about $10. The color is golden and the flavor is oh so good.
Last Summer, Honey was going for $7.50 a quart jar at our Farmers Market.
Now it's $8.00.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:37 PM   #11
Tyann
Love My Vacation House!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
Also, buying local honey helps a lot for allergy sufferers. Can't remember off the top of my head what the correlation is, but know that local honey is supposed to be good for allergy sufferers.
I heard the same thing - read it in Reader's Digest maybe?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:03 AM   #12
JanB

There is going to be a new farmers market this spring/summer in Historic Downtown Branson. The details are being worked out and it will be posted in the local newspapers.

Closed Thread