Old 07-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #61
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsafo132 View Post
Or at least that is what he had better say
BS
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN????

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 07-02-2008, 08:56 AM   #62
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Or at least that is what he had better say
BS
I'm really hoping to find a carrot cake that is at least comparable, that will get him beyond his craving occasionally - I know he'll say mines best, he's pretty smart , but he'd like to have one around regularly - and we don't need a 3 layer cream cheese cake waiting in the frig all the time.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:00 PM   #63
Bobscigarbox

Just wanted to say that I was presented with one of their carrot cakes for my birthday this year, and it was one of the best carrot cakes that I have ever experienced.............two thumbs up!!!!

Cheers
Old 07-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #64
bsafo132
Retired Public Nuisance

Location: Rural Missouri, living with the swines and bovines amid the trees and cow patties! Just a puddle jump away from Branson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
..........he'd like to have one around regularly .
I feel his pain, and share his love for a good carrot cake...........I hope dino's satifies his craving.
BS
Old 07-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #65
bsafo132
Retired Public Nuisance

Location: Rural Missouri, living with the swines and bovines amid the trees and cow patties! Just a puddle jump away from Branson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach7777 View Post
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN????
I've been here every day. I've been wondering where you've been. You must be working long hours.

So as to stay on topic, I guess I should ask you how you like Dino's cakes? I have driven by several times but am affraid to go in. It could be Deno's all over again, and we both know I don't need another habit like that.
BS
Old 07-03-2008, 08:48 AM   #66
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
I've been here every day. I've been wondering where you've been. You must be working long hours.

So as to stay on topic, I guess I should ask you how you like Dino's cakes? I have driven by several times but am affraid to go in. It could be Deno's all over again, and we both know I don't need another habit like that.
BS
they are good....but i've had better..........a bit pricey but ya gotta pay something if you're gonna have somebody do all that work for you.....Now...the best ever cake I've ever had is cake from Pastries By Carla.....

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 07-03-2008, 08:49 PM   #67
bsafo132
Retired Public Nuisance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach7777 View Post
they are good....but i've had better..........a bit pricey but ya gotta pay something if you're gonna have somebody do all that work for you.....Now...the best ever cake I've ever had is cake from Pastries By Carla.....
Is that the little place in downtown Branson with the cupcakes and such?
BS
Old 07-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #68
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Is that the little place in downtown Branson with the cupcakes and such?
BS
No. Carla actually has a place in Spgfld as well as somewhere here...maybe in her home just north of town...not sure, I did see a Branson address once...but anyway these cakes are killers....no lie....I'll probably get my ears boxed for taking Dino's thread off to Carla........ah well...we've been in trouble before...and it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission....

Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 07-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #69
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Make that Karrot Cake last, Mellie.

I agree....Dino has not skimped on anything he bakes.
So the cakes are pricey but worth the money.
Plus...it's a little splurge...and sometimes it's fun to splurge.
Plus.....You got to met Dino!
And you got to talk about cakes!
You may be the First Customer to sample Dino's Sugar Free Pound Cake!
Old 07-22-2008, 04:46 PM   #70
lkb5271
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for checking it all our for us Mellie....it is very much appreciated. We still plan on a stop as we really liked their carrot cake last time. I might be tempted in trying the coconut cake this time

We think Dino is a "gem" of a man! Made us feel very welcomed!!! Also SIL loved the coffee they serve...
Old 08-31-2008, 06:17 PM   #71
atozmom

I just noticed that Dino is having a sale on his 10 inch cakes. For a limited time they are $36.50. That is less than the 8 inch cakes. He is advertising Sugar Free cake on his website's homepage as well.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:24 PM   #72
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atozmom View Post
I just noticed that Dino is having a sale on his 10 inch cakes. For a limited time they are $36.50. That is less than the 8 inch cakes. He is advertising Sugar Free cake on his website's homepage as well.
Thanks for the tips.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:30 PM   #73
ggh
Super User

Dh and I had the wedding cake, and the carrot cake - both are good, but I won't get by with replacing my carrot cake with Dino's.

Closed Thread