1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Eureka Springs Arkansas

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 07:42 AM   #1
Kel
TradeWinds

Haunted Hotel Rooms

I thought some of you might be interested in this article...

http://hotels.about.com/od/hauntedho...nted_rooms.htm

Enjoy!

Kel
Old 07-04-2007, 08:56 AM   #2
kbradleyar
Super Ultra Member

I worked in St. Francisville, Louisiana at a nuclear power plant for 7 months in the 90s.

I stayed at the Myrtles Plantation one night just to be able to say I had. I saw it on the Travel Channel and History Channel dealing with haunted houses and haunted hotels. I thought it would be fun. It is a very pretty place and I enjoyed my one night. I didn't see any ghosts but there was a strange fellling in the place after dark. I kept feeling that I was seeing movement out of corner of my eye. Of course this is supposed to be one of the most haunted houses in USA and I was staying there to see a ghost so I figured my mind was playing tricks.

I enjoyed it, I wish I had seen Cloe or the 2 kids but I have to say I left ghost free.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:06 AM   #3
kbradleyar
Super Ultra Member

I did stay at a haunted house on Port Gibson MS. It was an old mansion that General Grant stayed in when he invaded MS before he went up to Vicksburg. I was working at t nuclear power plant outside that town also and one engineers and wife owned the bed/breakfast. It wasn't marketed as haunted. It was just close to the power plant and had a good price.

The mansion had been restored back to the way it was during the civil war. Each room was wonderful full of antiques. The bed I slept in was so far off the ground, it had to have steps to get in and I am 6 foot tall.

I was laying in bed and I could hear footsteps WALKING AROUND IN THE ROOM. Not coming from the ceiling as would be expected from a 3 story mansion but from the floor around the room/bed. They would start at the door to room and walk to the back wall and then move around the bed a few times and then leave. I stayed for 5 nights (Sunday - Thursday, leaving for home after working Friday) and each night I would hear the foot steps walk into the room thru a closed door.

I talked to the owners and they said "Oh, you heard them also". I DIDN'T stay at this hotel to see/hear a ghost. This was for work and it was a little hard to get to sleep when you hear someone walking around your bed at 1:00am in the morning. I didn't stay there again but I told many nuclear worker friends about it. Two other people had stayed in the same room and had the same problem. It was fun but I still found another hotel for next visit. One night of "ghost chasing" is fun, a week of no sleep isn't.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Thanks, Kel

Crescent Hotel: Rooms 202, 218, 419 and 424
Ghosts sightings have been reported at a number of locations in this historic Eureka Springs, Arkansas hotel, including the dining room, the lobby, the recreation room and the third floor.
Room 218 is the spot where Michael, an Irish stonemason, landed when he fell from the hotel's roof during construction. His ghost is said to bang on the walls and turn the lights and television on and off.

I posted photos of our stays at The Crescent and people PMed me to say, "You know there's ghosts in your photos, don't you?"
Personally, I love staying there...love the dining room, the food, the beautiful pool, the authentic old bathrooms and furnishings and Mass at St. Elizabeth's just a short walk behind the hotel.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #5
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Photo of St. Elizabeth's

http://www.3dphoto.net/world/united_...c_church1.html

and other photos of Eureka Springs, too.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #6
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

A few of the photos of ES are in the Gallery here.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:37 PM   #7
Grizzly
in perpetual hybernation

We have stayed at the crescent a couple time and I always hoped to see or hear something unusual, never have. I think it could be cool. IF you believe in that sort of thing AND If there is a ghost there, he/she/it has not hurt anyone as far as I can tell, so why be afraid? I would love to see Michael!

I witness what I think was a ghost in a house in Florida. A buddy of mine lived with his parents in an old house in St. Augustine. I was spending the night and everyone was in the family room together when the bells on the locked door in the kitchen rang about 4 times. The door was locked and only I seemed to get excited. They said "no big deal", that happens all the time and they swore a piano plays while everyone is upstairs in bed and lots of other things. The house burnt to the ground not long after and they found a skeleton mortared into the chimney.

Who knows.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:30 PM   #8
kbradleyar
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
The Crescent REALLY IS haunted.
Ghosthunters, a series on Sci/Fi channel that tries to prove or disprove hauntings using scientific instruments/cameras came to the Crescent hotel during their second season. They caught a figure on their thermal camera standing in the room that was used to store bodies when the crazy doctor had his hospital there. They are still using an autopsy table as a table in the room.

It is considered one of the best documented sightings on film. The figure was of a full body of picture wearing a hat like a civil war cap. They had another name for the type of cap but not something that anybody wore. They went back and tried to find answers (that is the reason I like the show because they try to use scientific instruments to prove/disprove) and they could not explain or duplicate it.

One of the rooms, only has one door in/out but when you come back, your stuff will be piled on the INSIDE of the door. And the only way in is to push your bags over. One of the guys on the show dropped his notebook computer off on the bed and left, when a guy went to get his computer, the computer case was against the INSIDE of the door. They had to push the bag away from the door to get in. I told a friend to stay there but he saw the show and he refused. He stayed at another hotel. He got back July 4th. He went to the hotel and took pictures but didn't sleep there.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:06 PM   #9
Psyk_RN

We stayed in Michael's room last year. Many unexplainable events happened to all of us in the room. Needless to say we did not sleep.
We have a very strange set of video clips of bizarre figures and apparitions.
I kept getting calls all night from another cell phone that was next to me... being dialed. Very haunted but very cool! We are heading back soon.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:32 AM   #10
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

I've stayed at the Crescent and I've been haunted there - by a very kind ghost I might add. Just kept turning on the TV in the middle of the night and opening the door to the balcony - guess they wanted to go outside and use the door to do so. After the first night, I asked whoever was doing it to please leave the volume down so it wouldn't wake us up and to please NOT scare the dog. From that point on - would only unlock the door to the balcony - wouldn't open it, and if the TV came on - volume was on mute. Hubby thought I was crazy until I told him the place was haunted.

We laugh about it now. And he loves to tell the stories.

Vickie
Old 07-06-2007, 07:44 AM   #11
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

No way would I stay there. My luck I would bring the ghost home with me!!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #12
kbradleyar
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISTISAM2001 View Post
I heard they make good pets, they don't eat much and don't mess on the carpet.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #13
StarsRUs
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISTISAM2001 View Post
That's just hilarious Christisam2001!!

We've been to the Cresent many times, but never had the priviledge to stay the night!! LOVE the place and it would be great to stay there and to get to experience a spookie or two!!

Closed Thread