1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
Professor Piper
Ultra Member

Location: Branson, Missouri, USA, Planet Earth (Third Rock from the Sun)
Denture Saga: The learning curve...

Hey gang...

I thought I'd check in...

Ok, so today I got to learn how to EAT again!

I had seriously forgotten how to eat...The process of grinding and chewing...I've had to go about eating so differently for so long, I was a bit lost....

For a few minutes at least!! Big Boys like me don't forget for long!

So I'm eating soft stuff....Loving it.

Pain is managable...Swelling is minimal (mainly right under my nose!)....I'm still getting used to the whole mouth full of stuff, stuff...But I guess that will just take time.

The REAL trauma was just a few minutes ago, and I want to know if any of you other Denture wearers felt the same:

I had to take them out to clean them, by myself, for the first time tonight...

That was FREAKING WEIRD!

The noise of them clicking and the 'pull' when you are loosening them (sorry to the squimish)....

Then putting them BACK!

lol

I made it, didn't pass out....

So I guess I"m 'on the road to recovery' huh?

Couldn't have done it without you guys!

God Bless,

Terry
Old 05-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Gosh, reminds me of the first time I put my contact lens in.....I was sick to my stomach...putting something in my eye!?!
In time it will be second nature...you will do it without thinking, Terry.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:04 PM   #3
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Talking

I don't have personal experience, but...we were talking about you last week, when Son was in from AZ. Grandson had just gotten his tops...my daughter has tops, and hubby has full set......so they were giving us an education.

TheTruckinfarmer was in his early 20s and gave a recount of the first removal and replacement........I have an idea what you have gone through.

Grandson, said last month, with is whistle...he didn't care how bad it hurt, he was going to eat again...........the whistle lasted about 2 days....the Dentist gave him some pads or something to put inside til he got his first ''lining'' as they gums shrunk........after about 4 days he had to put them in...now he has the first lining, and his teeth are like they grew there.

In 6 to 8 months probably the permanent lining.

I guess my Sons, who have perfect teeth, cannot believe their kids have inherited genes for bad teeth...which seems to be ''normal'' here.

I swear, all the locals have false teeth.

My daughter has had several sets of teeth...(guineas book of records)....so when new come the old go........

Yer normal Terry....each day now it's going to just get better and better...and I'm amazed at the progress of my Grandson........he is 26....he was always a beautiful child....til the teeth went.........now he has his good looks back....amazing.

I do not think I would have the courage to do what you did....

Tomorrow is my 6 mo exam.......(I have such a bad allergy/cold...I have no clue how I'm going to keep my mouth open so long, and NOT COUGH)....ANYWAY I'll give it a whirl.

I hope hope hope I have no cavities...I never do...but I am wearing off my old teeth...been tenderizing the deer hide for my moccasins for many many years now............hope I don't need an 800 buck crown....Im really cheap when it comes to myself..............roflol.

I hope Terry that your experience here, and how you have detailed it for everyone, gives others hope that it can happen, and you do make it, and life goes on.

I am wishing you a bloomin onion appetizer, and a rib eye steak rubbed in garlic with a big baked tater with sour cream, brocoli dripping in cheese, with apple pie ala mode for after.

Hubby told me to tell you that KRAFT CARAMELS are off limits
Old 05-24-2007, 11:12 PM   #4
Professor Piper
Ultra Member

Location: Branson, Missouri, USA, Planet Earth (Third Rock from the Sun)
Hope your appointment went well CheeseyP!! I was praying for ya!

No worries, I have NO desire for anything resembling Carmel right now!

It was so funny on Tuesday...Dr. Petteway was trying to be stern when he said, "I only want those dentures out long enough to clean them, ok!"...

Hell, I don't want them out AT ALL!

I'm not digging the whole, 'empty mouth' feeling yet....I'm sure I'll get used to it in time, probably be doing the 'lower lip over nose trick' soon enough (anything for a laugh, right?)...

But right now, I WANT my teeth IN, thank you very much!

Update:

Swelling down a bit, but not much...Pain less and less (I took one less pain pill today, so that is encouraging)....Managed to clean them again without a problem...

The only discouraging thing was when I tried to take a bite off of a hotdog...Just can't do it yet....Time I guess...Just gotta be patient....

"One day at a time"....Like the old saying goes!

(I'm really addicted to the mirror now though, I MUST admit....Practicing and all!)

God Bless,

Terry

P.S....I almost forgot!! My DIMPLES CAME BACK!!!! I was FLOORED, cause I haven't seen them in so long....They are BACK!
Old 05-25-2007, 04:19 AM   #5
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Watch it, people maybe pinching those dimples!!! I am glad you are still doing well. I would be proud of those teeth. Keep us updated!!

Closed Thread