Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows
Register FAQ Members List Event Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 01:44 PM   #1
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

The Ozark Jubilee

In the beginning..........

KYTV brought The Ozark Jubilee starring Red Foley to the air in 1953. This was a live country and western program and aired on ABC for 6 years and was later offered in syndication. The name was changed to Jubilee USA in 1955 and in 1961 was changed to Five Star Jubilee. The Five Star Jubilee was the first color program broadcast to originate outside New York or Hollywood and was aired to the entire nation from Springfield, MO by KYTV. The Five Star Jubilee remained on the air until 1961.

source : http://www.schurz.com/profile-ky3tv.html

then it was written:
'BRANSON WHITE HOUSE' TO BROADCAST SYNDICATED TV SHOW
November 5, 2002
Springfield's "Ozark Jubilee," produced by Ozarks native Si Siman, was the first country music show to reach a national audience on the ABC network in the 50's and 60's. Now, Branson's White House Theatre (formerly "The Promise,") will be airing the "Saturday Night Jubilee" with the first show slated for taping on November 30. Shows will follow on December 7, 14 and 21. The country variety show will reach a potential 100 million homes in the US, Canada and Latin America via cable syndication on the Family Network, America One, and the RFD Network, to mention just a few. The Jubilee will also be featured on many broadcast outlets nationwide. For more information, contact the White House at 417-335-2396.

Click on the source for this: http://bransondotcom.com/ ,where you can find much inside information re: Branson.

Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2002, 01:50 PM   #2
Grands
Branson's "Biggest" fan

Yes, when I grew up the entertainers lived all around us.

I always laugh when someone says that Branson is trying to copy Nashville. It seems I can take you to house after house in Springfield where people like June Carter-Cash lived before moving to Nashville.
Old 11-12-2002, 04:01 PM   #3
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Iva, I know that you know Brenda Lee lived in Springfield.

You could see all the Jubliee Stars at Aunt Martha's Pancake House...before and after the show.
But at the time, I was far more interested in Dick Clark and The American Bandstand.
One of my high school friend's Mother had a huge collection of The Platters LPs, but my friend and I thought that her Mom was so uncool.
My Mom played Johnny Cash songs til I wanted to scream. Didn't she realize how much better the Dave Clark 5 were?

Suse
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 11-12-2002, 07:17 PM   #4
James Emfinger

Exclamation

Cheesecake,
The librarian in me has to compliment you for citing your source of information. The country music fan in me found it quite interesting.
Both of me thank you for the post.

James Emfinger
Old 11-12-2002, 07:22 PM   #5
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Thank you James,

I find it very important to give credit where credit is due, if is at all possible.

Old 12-06-2002, 09:23 PM   #6
Grands
Branson's "Biggest" fan

Suselit,

I have a little Christmas song book and it used to belong to Brenda Lee. She was much older, but I was a little kid at someone's house that she was there visiting and she gave it to me. She was soooo cute! and so tiny!
Old 12-07-2002, 10:30 PM   #7
Grands
Branson's "Biggest" fan

There is a fantastic book out about the Ozark Jubliee.

I bought it a few Christmases ago for my Dad to give to my Mom. It is by Reta -?Stewart, or Reta Stewart ?
Mom really loved this book.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:22 AM   #8
RadioBroadcast

Exclamation Ozark Jubilee

Unfortunately, the source cited above, KYTV's Web site, has incorrect information. Here are the facts:

"KYTV brought The Ozark Jubilee starring Red Foley to the air in 1953. This was a live country and western program and aired on ABC for 6 years..."
[FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="seagreen"]TRUE[/COLOR][/FONT]: Ozark Jubilee (the name did not use "the") debuted on KYTV in December 1953, and was first seen nationally on ABC in January 1955. The program ran for five years, eight months through September 1960.

"...and was later offered in syndication. The name was changed to Jubilee USA in 1955 and in 1961 was changed to Five Star Jubilee."
[FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Red"]FALSE[/COLOR][/FONT]: Ozark Jubilee was never syndicated. It was only seen live on ABC affiliates from 1955-60. The name was changed to Jubilee USA in 1958 until cancellation in 1960. Five Star Jubilee, although a spin-off, was a separate program which aired on NBC during the summer of 1961 from the Landers Theatre (Ozark Jubilee was staged at the Jewell Theatre, demolished in 1961).

"The Five Star Jubilee was the first color program broadcast to originate outside New York or Hollywood and was aired to the entire nation from Springfield, MO by KYTV. The Five Star Jubilee remained on the air until 1961."
[FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="red"]FALSE[/COLOR][/FONT]: Five Star Jubilee (again, no "the") was the first color series, not the first program, to originate in color outside New York or Hollywood. Color broadcasts had originated from Chicago and Washington by then, just not a weekly serries. Although KYTV indeed helped produce the show, it was ABC which originated the program. This show aired from March to September, 1961.

See the Wikipedia articles on these programs for much more information: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozark_Jubilee[/url]

Last edited by RadioBroadcast : 09-10-2009 at 07:34 AM. Reason: adds link
Old 09-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #9
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
In the beginning..........

KYTV brought The Ozark Jubilee starring Red Foley to the air in 1953. This was a live country and western program and aired on ABC for 6 years and was later offered in syndication. The name was changed to Jubilee USA in 1955 and in 1961 was changed to Five Star Jubilee. The Five Star Jubilee was the first color program broadcast to originate outside New York or Hollywood and was aired to the entire nation from Springfield, MO by KYTV. The Five Star Jubilee remained on the air until 1961.

source : http://www.schurz.com/profile-ky3tv.html

then it was written:
'BRANSON WHITE HOUSE' TO BROADCAST SYNDICATED TV SHOW
November 5, 2002
Springfield's "Ozark Jubilee," produced by Ozarks native Si Siman, was the first country music show to reach a national audience on the ABC network in the 50's and 60's. Now, Branson's White House Theatre (formerly "The Promise,") will be airing the "Saturday Night Jubilee" with the first show slated for taping on November 30. Shows will follow on December 7, 14 and 21. The country variety show will reach a potential 100 million homes in the US, Canada and Latin America via cable syndication on the Family Network, America One, and the RFD Network, to mention just a few. The Jubilee will also be featured on many broadcast outlets nationwide. For more information, contact the White House at 417-335-2396.

Click on the source for this: http://bransondotcom.com/ ,where you can find much inside information re: Branson.
Thanks Cheese, for some very interesting information.

I love country music and items about it are very interesting to me. We are so lucky to live in, or visit, a town that has such a rich country music background. I think it is great that we now have shows that interest people that might not be country music fans because that brings people to Branson and I also enjoy those shows. But, to me, there is just nothing like an good old country music show.

Always read and enjoy your posts because they are interesting and involve some thought.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 09-10-2009, 05:55 PM   #10
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Why did someone dig up this thread from 2002?!!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #11
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Why did someone dig up this thread from 2002?!!
Boy, you are more alert than I am.

When I replied to the post, I didn't notice it was an older post.

I would have still replied because it is of interest to me but didn't even look at the date.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #12
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

Our first trip to Branson it ws called Ozarks Country Jubilee.
Later became Campbell's Ozark Jubilee.
That ended when Clifford & Maggie Sue Campbell were killed
in an auto accident going home from the theater one night.
It happened between Branson & Ozark in the Winter of 1988.

"People will forget what you said............and forget what you did......
.....BUT they'll NEVER forget how you made them feel!"

Old 09-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #13
shis1
Str8fn

Just the other day I was telling dh that when I 'was a kid' our vacation each summer was a week end trip to Springfield to see Red Foley and the Ozark Jubilee.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:26 AM   #14
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze2 View Post
Boy, have things changed and it all started from some of the things you mention. I love all the shows and restaurants and attractions that we have now but, I sure enjoyed the beginning of all the new growth.

So many names have helped make ths area what it is today.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #15
lindainkansas
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze2 View Post
I found the obit for the Campbell's auto accident it was March of 95 not 88

Closed Thread