1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 01:27 PM   #1
BrokenRoad
Go Gators !

Service (or lack of) in Fast Food Restaurants

Reading the posts on the review of Joe's Crab Shack made me think of my daily experiences with fast food establishments.

Maybe my expectations are too high, but here's my "wish list" for fast food workers:
-Greet me with a smile and a Hello
-Wait til I've finished saying "Double Cheeseburger with no onions" before you blurt in and say "WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE ON THAT BURGER?" (also, don't interrupt me and say "IS THIS FOR HERE?")
-If I say UNSWEET Tea, pay attention and give me UNSWEET Tea
-Wipe off the excess soda/milkshake/whatever on the outside of the cup before handing to me through the drive-in window
-Learn to say "Excuse me?" or "Pardon me" instead of "HUH?"
-Apologize if you get my order wrong
-Say thank you when you are paid
-Do not put your fingers inside my plastic cup. Handle it from the outside. (this goes for food workers in ALL types of restaurants)
-If you can't be bothered to refresh your nail polish, please remove it. (this goes for women everywhere) And please don't wear black nail polish to work.

I wonder if the fast food joints are so hard up for employees that they will hire anyone who breathes. The server we had at Steak & Shake in Spfld had a tongue piercing that caused her to have a really bad lisp. It was so hard to understand her, plus it was distracting to watch that flashing thing-y in her mouth while she was talking.

Any other suggestions for fast-food management?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:57 AM   #2
gbranmtns
Super Ultra Member

I wish that they would just shut up and listen carefully to my order when I am done I will tell them. I know we went through the Burger King drive thru a couple of days ago and dh was interrupted three times while making our order and it was wrong when we got it. I went in and got the right order. I just wish they would listen until the person is finished ordering.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:02 AM   #3
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

LOL!!!! I agree with the tongue ring thing-y. I hate to see those things. The more things I read and hear about fast food places the more I dont want to eat there. I hate the thought of someone scratching their be-hinds and then putting their hands on my food. LOL!!
Old 09-15-2006, 08:14 AM   #4
OkieAnon

not to stir up the immigration thing again, but this is to good to not tell.

from one end of the Oklahoma panhandle to the other there's only one town (Guymon) big enough to have a couple fast food places. Guymon's mostly illegal immigrants, seems there's very little English spoken.

an aunt stopped there this summer at Mcdonalds for breakfast and coffee, coffee was to hot, she took it back and asked them to pour out half and fill it back up with cool water. they asked "which half should they pour out".... think about it for a second

we stopped at the same place Labor Day Weekend... ordered breakfast, I want a #2 but instead of coffee I want milk... "you want coke".... no milk... "ok #2 with coke"... no # 2 with milk, we then ordered a #4 with milk... "#4 with coke".... no MILK. we had no idea what we were going to get. coffee, coke or milk.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:18 AM   #5
gbranmtns
Super Ultra Member

Same problem with people here but they are known here as teenagers. These kids around here hardly ever gets orders right.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:26 AM   #6
BrokenRoad
Go Gators !

I'm thinking of writing a letter to the owner of the Wendy's franchise on W. 76 explaining exactly why Iwon't be returning to their restaurant, and stating that I will be advising all my many friends and relatives to stay away as well. It must be an ownership/management issue, because I've been to several fast food restaurants where the people are reasonably intelligent and polite. Maybe the ones with bad management can't keep the good people. If I was making $6/hour, I sure wouldn't stay in a crappy situation, especially when every other hotel/restaurant/retail store has a Now Hiring sign in the window. Wonder what the solution is?
Old 09-15-2006, 11:38 AM   #7
BransonGudTimr
Ultra Member

Service at McDonalds by Wal-Mart is getting so bad that those ordering breakfast will be getting it in time for lunch. It's so bad, people are telling jokes about it. Yesterday, the line went completely out the door, across the dining room. McDonalds didn't care and only kept one register open with people walking out the door after waiting in line 40 minutes. Evidently management must think that the fewer customers they have to serve, the more money they will make. Something about that doesn't sound right.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:48 AM   #8
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon
not to stir up the immigration thing again, but this is to good to not tell.

from one end of the Oklahoma panhandle to the other there's only one town (Guymon) big enough to have a couple fast food places. Guymon's mostly illegal immigrants, seems there's very little English spoken.

an aunt stopped there this summer at Mcdonalds for breakfast and coffee, coffee was to hot, she took it back and asked them to pour out half and fill it back up with cool water. they asked "which half should they pour out".... think about it for a second
I would consider that a smart-a*@% comment & have asked
to speak to the manager! How rude!
Old 09-15-2006, 01:58 PM   #9
Oracle

The one thing that irkes me the most is when you drive up to the window and they say Welcome to ________ would you like a ________ sandwich or whatever their trying to push that day. I want say, no that's not it, do you want to keep guessing or should I just tell you what I want. But of course I just and say no thank you.

Last edited by Oracle; 09-15-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:08 PM   #10
gbranmtns
Super Ultra Member

Today, dh went to Sonic for us to get some lunch. The cost was $12.05 and he gave her $20.05. Then she had to start counting to figure out the change. He told her that is $8 in change. Back to school for these people.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:45 PM   #11
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbranmtns
Today, dh went to Sonic for us to get some lunch. The cost was $12.05 and he gave her $20.05. Then she had to start counting to figure out the change. He told her that is $8 in change. Back to school for these people.
My husband often gives the server money such as you mentioned. It almost always throws this off. Sad statement of our school system!
Old 09-18-2006, 08:25 AM   #12
BrokenRoad
Go Gators !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BransonGudTimr
Service at McDonalds by Wal-Mart is getting so bad that those ordering breakfast will be getting it in time for lunch. It's so bad, people are telling jokes about it. Yesterday, the line went completely out the door, across the dining room. McDonalds didn't care and only kept one register open with people walking out the door after waiting in line 40 minutes. Evidently management must think that the fewer customers they have to serve, the more money they will make. Something about that doesn't sound right.
The McDonald's in Ozark has THE BEST service I have ever experienced in any McDonald's anywhere. I have 3 children, oldest is 29, so I have eaten in LOTS of McDonald's. They take your order IN PERSON at the first drive in window. Always have a smile, always are polite, orders are very rarely wrong. It is so different to be treated so nicely that my 18yo son even told the manager how much he appreciated it. Now that's a compliment!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:24 AM   #13
corene

Your Suggestions Good For All Public Workers

I agree with your taking of fast food places but have you not noticed this is the trend of the today WORLD. You cannot have standards for employees or they holler "My Rights" and the company gets a law suite . In my opinion, people have no self pride. I eat out very seldom because of conditions in any eating establishment. It is a wonder that America has not had an out break of killer diseases gotten from public eating places. Another reason I do not like to eat out is because most places serve alcoholic beverages and since I do not promote this type beverage then why should I support a place that serves the stuff. Most fast food places do not serve alcohol so they are my place of choice for eating if I just have to eat away from home. I wrote one fine eating place telling them I sure did not like attire of waitress as if I found a hair I would rather it be from the head and not the pubic area. Maybe, just maybe, if coustomers addressed their complaint to said employee it would do more good then to complain to manager. I even get offended at the way employees of Wal-mart dress any more and they can really have some strange hair styles and color with many tattos and piercings.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:22 AM   #14
libraria
Super Ultra Member

I was so mad yesterday. I went inside McDonald's to place a "to-go" order because the drive thru is so frustrating if you want anything "special."

I go in, it's mid-afternoon. One cash register open, one person in front of me. The girl finishes that person's order, then while I'm standing there, she refills her cup dispenser and talks to another friend of hers standing there showing off some t-shirts she just bought.

Finally, she asks for my order. I say "I'd like a quarter-pounder with cheese, mustard and onion only, and a small order of fries, to go." She starts pushing buttons, saying mustard and ketchup only? I say, "No, mustard and onion only." More buttons pushed. She says, ok, you want a meal deal and an extra order of fries? I say, No, I want a quarter pounder with cheese, mustard and onion only, and a small order of fries to go. More buttons. She says, "Did you want a drink with that?" DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say, getting very angry now, NO, I want a quarter pounder with cheese, mustard and onion, only and a small.... Interrupting, she says "I got that!" Extremely frustrated, I now say, Well, if you had listened to me instead of talking with your friend, maybe you could have got this straight!" She doesn't ay a word, turns in my order, then brings the sack to me and plops it on the counter, never saying another word.

I'm sure she told all her friends about the rude customer she had, but, excuse me, it's her job!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:11 PM   #15
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenRoad
The McDonald's in Ozark has THE BEST service I have ever experienced in any McDonald's anywhere. I have 3 children, oldest is 29, so I have eaten in LOTS of McDonald's. They take your order IN PERSON at the first drive in window. Always have a smile, always are polite, orders are very rarely wrong. It is so different to be treated so nicely that my 18yo son even told the manager how much he appreciated it. Now that's a compliment!
I'll second that! The service and food quality at the Ozark McDonald's is the best that I have seen in the chain. The one in Nixa is very good as well, I suspect they may be owned by the same people.

Closed Thread