1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 12:53 PM   #1
Kristin McPhers

Cheapest source for Dixie Stampede tickets?

My dad is coming up for the weekend, and we were going to do SDC; but he won't be able to come as early as he hoped...

So... we've decided at the last minute to go to DS this Friday night (like, in 48 hours). Is it too late to get decent seats (and cheaper tickets)? And am I out of my mind taking a 4 year old, 2 year old, and 2 month old?! My boys love horses, so I think they'll enjoy it. And we will have an adult for each kiddo!
Old 09-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #2
labpup89
IL Roots Planted in IA

Kristin - Last year we took our kids, then 5 yrs and 17 mos, to DS. My dh and I felt like we spent the whole show/dinner cutting their dinner for them and cleaning them up. Our after thoughts were we did not get to enjoy the show because we were too busy tending to the kids. My dh and I decided that we will wait until the kids are old enough to eat their own dinner while watching the show before we go back to DS. We felt that it was a lot of money to spend and we didn't enjoy the show or dinner ourselves. But maybe you and your family will have a better dining experience and have a completely different impression than we did.

I used my Entertainment coupon book card for a 20% discount last year. I don't know if DS is still offering that discount this year.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin McPhers
And am I out of my mind taking a 4 year old, 2 year old, and 2 month old?! My boys love horses, so I think they'll enjoy it. And we will have an adult for each kiddo!
A couple years ago my goddaughter and I took her ages 2, 4, and 6 year old girls to Dixie Stampede and they loved it. You'll have to decide whether you want to pay for a seat for your 2-year old. If you don't, 2 of you will have your hands full with the baby on one and the 2 year old on the other lap. Perhaps the thread from a couple years ago will offer you some insight on the situation:

http://www.1branson.com/forum/showth...+Stampede+kids

As I said, we really enjoyed it. The 4 and 6 year old girl could pretty well take care of themselves and loved the show, but even the 2 year old seemed to like it.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:48 AM   #4
BrokenRoad
Go Gators !

DS is one of the shows that rarely have discount coupons. They do sell out pretty quickly, so I would advise getting your tickets NOW.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:59 AM   #5
Ponderosa Starr

I am happy to say, my Cheapest source of tickets for the Dixie Stampede is from a friend of mine, who son is Larry Skidmore, the Trick Rider (jumps through flames, rides Roman style) in the show.. We have been several times and it is always a treat -- it is fun to know someone who is part of the show..
Old 09-15-2006, 12:30 PM   #6
lrpickett
Disney fanatic

The website www.bransonsavings.com has a $3.00 off coupon for adults and/or children. You have to provide an email address, and they'll direct you to a site where you can print off the coupons. I believe Dixie Stampede also has a AAA discount.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:52 PM   #7
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

If you do go to Dixie Stampede, my advice is to get your money's worth by arriving early
(BTW, they take your photo to sell to you).

There are things to do before the Show in the Arena and you don't want to feel rushed.

It's nice to see the Stables with the horses, etc before you go inside.

Then plan to have the free drink in the souvineer boot glass at the free Pre-Show in the Saloon.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #8
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

I avoided this thread...

I was skimming the threads quickly....and on my computer the title is in two lines....

the first line ''cheapest source for Dixie''..............

well...I assumed...............

Ive gotta quit this speed reading................

I hope you have a wonderful time at the Stampede....

Closed Thread