1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 07:41 AM   #1
Nancyjane

REVIEW: The Comets - Dick Clark Theatre with "The Comets"

My friend Jan and I were so happy to see the original Comets in performance Saturday afternoon, June 24, 2006. We were impressed and awed at their ablility to perform in a show that long, just like they were still in their teens. They did all the things like, Marshall Lytle use to do with that instrument, riding it and then laying on his back with his feet in the air with the Bass Fiddle in the air playing it. What a performance! I still can't figure out how
they could sing, move about (under those warm lights) for that long of a period of time (close to two hours). I told my friend I couldn't have stood on the stage, that long, let alone performed for 2 hours. And I am 65 yrs young and in pretty good shape! It was something to behold. Their voices are still good and strong and Marshall can still sing "really good." The Sax, the pianist, the drummer and guitarist were fantantic too! We have been and will continue to tell everyone we know to take in their show. They are terrific and we'll certainly attend again when visiting Branson. God bless you Marshall, you are in our prayers as well as the other Comets.

Nancy Jane
Receptionist @Highland Baptist Church
Waco, Texas

Old 06-28-2006, 08:09 AM   #2
engel
Super Ultra Member

Oh, I can hardly wait to see this one! Going in Sept.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:27 AM   #3
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Thumbs up

Thanks for the great review........Im so happy you had a good time.
Thanks for the description as well.........helpful to all of us.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:07 AM   #4
okiegirl26
Ultra Member

Great review, THANKS!! We're thinking of seeing them next month when we come to Branson with my grandparents.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:54 AM   #5
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for the review.
We KNOW we'll enjoy their show!
Old 07-01-2006, 10:48 PM   #6
mr.bassman

Nancy ,This is Marshall of The COMETS, Thank you for the very kind words in your review of our show. We love what we do, and we do what we love. It make it easier when we have nice people like you in our audience. God Bless You and please come back soon.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:50 PM   #7
PhillisB

Thumbs up The Comets

HI Nancy
Arent the Comets great?!? I love those guys. They put on such awesome shows and Ive been blessed to be able to have gone on 3 oldies rock cruises with them before. They are all great guys and so friendly and they genuinely love their fans. They make us feel like friends which is a lot more then most groups do.
They put on a great show a very lively one.

PM4JI

Take care

Phillis
Old 07-03-2006, 05:09 AM   #8
Lindsey
Ultra Member

I saw them in Branson and will be taking sis/bro-in-law when they come to town for a visit. The Comets were FUN to see! In fact, some of the things you see, you can't believe you are seeing - you just wouldn't expect to see guys their age putting on such a show! WOW

Do the Comets still do cruises? I would love to know about it if they do!
Old 07-03-2006, 06:23 AM   #9
mr.bassman

Smile

Hi Lindsey, Marshall here, We do cruises with Paul Revere and The Radiers. They are handled by Concerts at Sea. You can check out the cruise on Jan.21 thru 28th 07 at this web site www.oldiescruise2007.com It's a Wonderful get away. Hope you can join in all the FUN. Rock On & On. Marshall
Old 07-03-2006, 08:09 AM   #10
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

We saw them shortly after they opened. The show was great! We will see them again soon.

Closed Thread