Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Scrapbooking stores Branson Dining
Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining
Register FAQ Members List Event Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 07:31 AM   #1
corbrakay

Question Scrapbooking stores

Is there one in Branson? I am wanting to buy supplies that say Branson on them, or that have to do with Branson, SDC, etc. Does SDC sell stuff like that? Thanks!
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2006, 07:40 AM   #2
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

I haven't seen any Branson specific supplies, which doesn't mean they're not out there... I just haven't seen them. I definitely can't remember seeing anything at SDC, but they may come out with something for the new season.

There are 2 stores that I know of... one is in the Engler block and is primarily a stamping store. The other is at the other end of the strip in a small building containing several shops (it's close to the Legends theater). There's an old time photo place in the same building. I haven't been in either for a few years, so can't tell you how up-to-date they are and don't have any idea what they carry.
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 04-23-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
Darbecca
Ultra Member

The stamping store in Engler Block has expanded their scrapbook section. The other store, if it is the same one that I went to last year, was rather hard to find, but it had a pretty good selection. I don't remember any Branson die cuts or stickers, though. If you go through Springfield or stop at Bass Pro in Springfield, there is a large scrapbook shop across the street from the fish and wildlife museum.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:01 AM   #4
PUMPKIN
pumpkin

Cool

TRY THIS WEBSITE

http://www.geocities.com/scirules00/region6.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right. But it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation should be on the Lord's side."

Pumpkin
Old 04-23-2006, 02:20 PM   #5
loanlady

Scrapbooks Forever

THE place to go is Scrapbooks Forever in the Music Road Mall (next to or near Legends-I don't recall exactly). Their number is 417-335-7904. I had been in last October and was less than impressed with the inventory so was heistant to stop by last month. It was actually an employee from Unique Impressions (the rubber stamp store at Engler Block) that encouraged me to try Scrapbooks Forever again as it had changed owners since my October visit.

Unique Impressions is THE place to go if you're into rubber stamping and all that it entails. They do have some scrapbook supplies but if you're looking for a wide variety and cutting edge/new products, papers, etc, you're likely to be disappointed. Don't get me wrong, they have a decent selection but I find their (scrapping) merchandise seldom changes from visit to visit (and my visits are anywhere from six months to a year in between).

Now Scrapbooks Forever has current in-demand products such as hard to find Heidi Swapp and other items and the prices are wonderful. They did have some Branson title diecuts (nice, not cheesy). They ranged from the word Branson to Lake Taneycomo and Silver Dollar City. I spent some time visiting with the owner who said she had a supplier and would be getting more regional items so chances are you may find what you seek there if her supplier was able to deliver. She was very excited about expanding her stock and even taking over more space within the 'mall' where they are located. I look forward to my next visit to see the changes and new items. You can email her at kpscrapboos4ever@yahoo.com.

If you don't mind traveling a bit you can head to downtown Ozark and check out Forever Memories. They have a nice selection of various items (think typical scrapbook store) with good prices and friendly staff. If you keep up with current trends or 'cutting edge scrapbook artists' you should know that Elsie Flannigan has taught classes at this store and has some work on display.

Happy scrapping!
Old 04-23-2006, 02:51 PM   #6
corbrakay

actually, my sister just moved from Springfield to Ozark. I will ask if she has been to that store there. I looked where I live now, (S.E. Missouri) and they don't have any for the Branson area. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 04-23-2006, 03:55 PM   #7
Darbecca
Ultra Member

Where in SE Missouri are you? I live in Cape. We had a good scrapbook store, but it closed. There's one in Jackson and one in Sikeston.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:32 PM   #8
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

You know where I saw alot of great high quality scrapbook stuff for very little money last week?
The Carolina Mills Store next to the $1 shop on the 76 Strip.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:15 PM   #9
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loanlady
THE place to go is Scrapbooks Forever in the Music Road Mall (next to or near Legends-I don't recall exactly). Their number is 417-335-7904. I had been in last October and was less than impressed with the inventory so was heistant to stop by last month. It was actually an employee from Unique Impressions (the rubber stamp store at Engler Block) that encouraged me to try Scrapbooks Forever again as it had changed owners since my October visit.

Unique Impressions is THE place to go if you're into rubber stamping and all that it entails. They do have some scrapbook supplies but if you're looking for a wide variety and cutting edge/new products, papers, etc, you're likely to be disappointed. Don't get me wrong, they have a decent selection but I find their (scrapping) merchandise seldom changes from visit to visit (and my visits are anywhere from six months to a year in between).

Now Scrapbooks Forever has current in-demand products such as hard to find Heidi Swapp and other items and the prices are wonderful. They did have some Branson title diecuts (nice, not cheesy). They ranged from the word Branson to Lake Taneycomo and Silver Dollar City. I spent some time visiting with the owner who said she had a supplier and would be getting more regional items so chances are you may find what you seek there if her supplier was able to deliver. She was very excited about expanding her stock and even taking over more space within the 'mall' where they are located. I look forward to my next visit to see the changes and new items. You can email her at kpscrapboos4ever@yahoo.com.

If you don't mind traveling a bit you can head to downtown Ozark and check out Forever Memories. They have a nice selection of various items (think typical scrapbook store) with good prices and friendly staff. If you keep up with current trends or 'cutting edge scrapbook artists' you should know that Elsie Flannigan has taught classes at this store and has some work on display.

Happy scrapping!

I just remembered after reading this that I bought Branson specific stuff at this store last October. I wonder what I did with it. Have not seen it anywhere.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:27 PM   #10
loanlady

I emailed the owner about her merchandise and this was her reply:

Just to let you know we have new Branson papers and Branson albums. We received our first order in and we were sold out in one week! :-) So now I will be enlarging the selection even more. The quality is great!
Old 04-23-2006, 06:20 PM   #11
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

I was wondering what your projects are?

Could you all describe them?

I watched on QVC the other day when they had 12 hours of Scrapbooking Supplies............since I do not do this, I was curious about what people were buying.

The materials were just so neat...so many ideas...so beautiful......but I know everyone can take the same stuff and do something different..........

I'd love to know what you make........and what you do to make your's unique.

Yeah...I'm nosey...

Old 04-23-2006, 06:32 PM   #12
loanlady

I mainly create scrapbook pages using various photos I've taken-trips, concerts, etc. I have various Branson pictures scrapped and unscrapped. I've got one album of nothing but Oak Ridge Boys pictures from various venues and concerts (and even had an opportunity to have each member sign pages recently which makes the pages/memories even more valuable to me). I'm currently working on some small gift albums for a musician friend for his children so they can 'see dad at work' when he's on the road and they're missing him. I've done gift albums for my sibling of my mother and even did a complete 2006 calendar for a sibling using pictures of our deceased mother. Like most scrapbookers, I have several albums in progress. I don't work in any particular order--just whatever I feel like at the moment. Pictures from my summer vacation last year are about half done.

I've also done cards and generally do all the office birthday cards.

Check out the gallery at www.twopeasinabucket.com to see the work of many talented scrappers. I have not posted any work there but look often for inspiration.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:42 PM   #13
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

I think that along with our genealogy, this scrapbooking craze is going to be such a gift for generations to come.

For years I did personalized greeting cards, and they were artist inspired...I did characatures of the ''birthday lady or man'' somewhere on/in the card. Then my own rhyming/poetry from information about the receiver...sometimes alittle risque', but always funny.

I havent done any in about 5 years....burn out!

Some times after doing something for so long....I would find myself 'blank'...not an idea to be had.

Thanks loanlady....

Old 04-24-2006, 05:28 AM   #14
corbrakay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbecca
Where in SE Missouri are you? I live in Cape. We had a good scrapbook store, but it closed. There's one in Jackson and one in Sikeston.
I actually live in Sikeston. Our scrapbook store is pretty good. I have bought quite alot there. I never got a chance to go to the one in Cape before they closed.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:04 AM   #15
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

I do all my scrapbooking on my computer and have for the last few years, but that doesn't mean I'm not still checking out what's hot in the paper scrapping world (and I still read magazines and idea books all the time).

For me, scrapbooking is all about telling the stories of my family. When my children are grown, I want them to be able to look at my layouts and read the many stories and remember their childhood. My gallery at 2 Peas is here . Always some good inspiration at 2 Peas.

Closed Thread