1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 11:18 PM   #1
Jerm
Super Ultra Member

Martina McBride

I just wanted to let everyone know that I reserved tickets to see Martina McBride this coming Friday evening at the Grand Palace. She is one of my favorite entertainers and I can't wait to see her. The Warren Brothers open for her. I will let you know all about it.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:31 AM   #2
BrokenRoad
Go Gators !

Hey-
Let me know if something comes up and you can't make it. I'd be glad to do the review for you
Old 03-08-2006, 07:46 AM   #3
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Will be waiting for your review!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:21 AM   #4
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Thumbs up

Yea me too.....I'd be happy to do this review if you cannot make it

Im so close yet so far away........roflol.
It really isnt funny.

Jerm.....I always wait for your reviews.......makes my ticket choices so much easier, later in the season
Old 03-08-2006, 07:21 PM   #5
MrMusic

We were really hoping we could make the concert. My wife worked in one of the clubs in Wichita, Kansas, when Martina started out there! Wife says Martina did "Black Velvet" better than the original artist! Nice to see a down-home Kansas girl make it big! We DO have some talent in the Sunflower State!

Mr Music
(an original Kansan!)
Old 03-08-2006, 11:47 PM   #6
Jerm
Super Ultra Member

I will just have to get through this hardship all on my own, LOL!

Old 03-14-2006, 12:02 AM   #7
Jerm
Super Ultra Member

Talking Martina McBride's 2006 Concert Review--Be Still My Beating Heart! ;)

The thing that I love most about Martina McBride is her soaring vocals and there was plently of that this past Friday evening at the Grand Palace. When I arrived at the theater the lobby was elbow to elbow with people (I kid you not!) I called earlier in the week for 1 ticket in the center section if possible. There was not even 1 seat available in the center section, the closest seats available were several rows back on the sides. I opted for a seat several rows back in the center section of the balcony. Since the opening of the Grand Palace and the MANY shows I've seen there, I've only sat in the balcony one time that was to see the Rockettes at Christmas. The seat that I had in the center section was PERFECT and I think even better than what you would get if you sat several rows back on the main floor. In the balcony the seats are staggered to where you don't have to try to look over someone's head. While standing in a HUGE line to pick up my ticket I heard the box office help tell some people that this show was sold out and that there were no more seats to be had. It has been awhile since I've been to a show at the Palace where it has been completely SOLD OUT. Since I was in the balcony I could check it all out and there was not one seat I could see that was empty.

The show started around 7:10 with the Warren Brothers on stage. They each had a guitar and that was the extent of "their band". I enjoyed what I heard of them. Their sense of humor was very interesting! LOL! I knew who they were but was not familiar with their music. They have a reality series on CMT called, "Barely Famous". At about 7:30 the Warren Brothers wrapped up their portion of the show and they no more and left the stage until Martina was beginning her portion. I would not call her time on stage a concert it was more like a production or an event. She had her own flooring for the stage, curtains, even more lighting rigs were added to the ceiling of the Grand Palace, an interesting backdrop complete with a big screen, etc. The first hour (yes, I said hour ) of her show was all the "Timeless" music she recorded for her recent project by the same name. She performed such songs as Eddie Arnold's (sp?) "Make The World Go Away", Lynn Anderson's "Rose Garden", Loretta Lynn's "You Ain't Woman Enough To Take My Man", etc. While these songs played, the video screens showed pictures of the original artists who sang the songs. She also told interesting stories of how the original artists came about recording these songs. I thought this was very interesting coming from a young person's perspective. During the "classic" portion alone she changed her clothes two times. During her costume change, the video screens showed her in the studio and told how she came about doing this album. When she ended her classic portion there was a 15 minute intermission. She did this "break" on purpose because of the completely different styles of music she was performing, classic vs. contemporary. She started the second half (again about an hour) with a different costume and came out singing, "God Fearin' Women Get The Blues". She performed other songs such as "Valentine", "Independence Day", etc. I know when she was singing these mushy gushy love songs that she was staring up at me with those big blue eyes, LOL Part of the way through this set the Warren Brothers came back out but this time were out in the audience. Martina has a segment in her show where she lets the fans request the songs they want to hear. The Warren Brothers were the ones taking the requests. A couple girls requested the song, "Cheap Whiskey" off of her very first album. This song happens to be one of my favorites. Another couple requested the more recent, "God's Will" to which she replyed, "I hope I can remember the words to this song". This is kind of strange because it is so new but she said that is just how she is. She sang the song beautifully until the end of the song when she forgot some of the words and sang a part of the song in the wrong place. She just smiled and kept right on going. I think this is neat because it shows everyone that even the professionals are not perfect. Towards the end of her show she talked about how much she enjoyed playing in Branson and talked about how her family vacationed in Branson when she was a teenager (keep in mind she is a Kansas girl). She said that she never dreamed that she would one day be standing on a stage, and people coming to see her in Branson, Missouri. Speaking of family, her brother plays guitar in her band. It was also a special evening for her because not only was her brother with her but her parents were too. She was just smiling from ear to ear. You could tell it wasn't the "usual", "I'm so glad to be here" routine, it was heartfelt and true. Before she left the stage she commented that she can't wait to come back to Branson again. She received several standing ovations that night and she was really appreciative almost to the point of being emotional over this. She came back to do an encore of, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", which brought the house down. This was a perfect ending to an already perfect night. For this concert I paid $62 dollars and felt I got more than my moneys worth from this event. The show started at 7:10 and it was after 10:00 before I was at my car. I hope the owners of the Palace see that if they will just bring in the talent that people will come and pay for their entertainment.

Also, I did have to wait in traffic for a while on the strip because Branson was SO BUSY on a Friday night in MARCH

Last edited by Jerm; 03-14-2006 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:44 AM   #8
PUMPKIN
pumpkin

Cool

JERN THANKS VERY MUCH FOR A GREAT GREAT REVIEW. I WISH I COULD HAVE SEEN HER .
Old 03-14-2006, 05:58 AM   #9
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Thanks Jerm.....what a wonderful review.......

If Martina is a star when it comes to showmanship.........
YOU are the star of reviews..........thanks so much for making it seem like I was there with you........almost.

Wonder what ''Flat S." thought
Old 03-14-2006, 07:51 AM   #10
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Jerm, Thanks for the wonderful review, it was great...like all your reviews are!
I love listening to Martina, I have some of her CD'S...she's such a great performer.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:39 AM   #11
BrokenRoad
Go Gators !

Thanks for the review, and for making me kick myself for not getting tickets! Hope she plans another trip for next year.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:40 PM   #12
deb_803
George Strait Junkie

Thanks for the review! I wish I could have seen her. She is an awesome singer.

This link should take you to the Rankin Brothers FB Fan Page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/121168961253976/
Old 03-14-2006, 02:46 PM   #13
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

Jerm...thanks for the great review...I wanted so badly to get to come to Branson to see her, but it just didn't work out. Through your eyes, I got see to her a little anyway!! Thanks!

Last edited by PatiCake101; 03-14-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:56 PM   #14
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for the great review, Jerm.
Some friends of mine were there near the Light Guy and said that it was Martina's Husband.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:17 PM   #15
cunamnt

Martina McBride

Thanks for the wonderful review of Martina's show. I just picked up tickets last night to see Martina in Des Moines IA, at the Wells Fargo Arena on May 13th. Can't wait!

Closed Thread