small private cabin on water Branson Lodging
Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging
Register FAQ Members List Event Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 07:33 PM   #1
melissa
soon2bnbranson

small private cabin on water

I was wondering if anyone knows of a small privately owned log cabin on the lake anywhere in or near Branson that is available for rental in March or April? We would like a nice cabin, but would like to avoid the resort atmosphere. It would also be fine if it's thirty minutes or so outside of Branson.
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2006, 04:40 AM   #2
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

here's one i came across that is 52.00 a day, It is a guest house by the lake, It has a kitchen, living area. http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacat...tals/2220.html

Sweety please, you may be the PLAYER, but I'm the GAME!

Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 02-16-2006, 04:43 AM   #3
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

This is the one that my family and I are staying at this summer for a week, Laura the owner is a wonderful christian woman who keeps the house spotless, but it might be a little bigger that you want, It has a wonderful loft bedroom with a wonderful view of the lake. http://www.vrbo.com/49898

Sweety please, you may be the PLAYER, but I'm the GAME!

Old 02-16-2006, 07:37 AM   #4
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Depends on what you are wanting. Duck Harbor in Rockaway Beach is 15 minutes away from Branson and very private (especially in March and April). Very quiet, but nothing fancy, but again very comfortable.

Cooper Creek off of Fall Creek Road in Branson is right off the water and is wonderful too. Very clean, very nice, very quiet.

I know there are some others and I'm sure if you do a search above and mention Cabins you'll get a lot of threads that you can check out.

Good luck and have a great time!

Vickie
Old 02-16-2006, 08:35 AM   #5
linmatt

Thumbs up small cabin on water

In reply to the message found for the small guesthouse listing #2220, I have personal experience with that rental, and I can attest that it is WONDERFUL, and more than you can even imagine! The guest house is very private, being detached from the main house, it has spectacular view of a beautiful landscaped yard with garden, trees, and a great view of Table Rock Lake, right from the deck. There were beautiful birds all around, gorgeous flowers, and wild turkey calling in the woods surrounding the property. The house was immaculate, decorated beautifully, and everything you need to live in a home was supplied. The owners were delightful, and very respectful of your privacy. We stayed there for 2 weeks while looking for a home in the area after moving here from California. They made us feel very comfortable in a place where we were strangers. If it was being graded, I would give it 5 STARS!
Old 02-16-2006, 02:03 PM   #6
jetboat

Does this cabin have a place to keep your boat for the water or do you have to keep it somewhere else? How close is it to the water?
Old 02-16-2006, 03:06 PM   #7
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Cooper Creek has a marina as does Duck Harbor. Their websites are www.coopercreekresort.com, may not be able to keep in the water, but do have a launching ramp and also are next to the Cooper Creek Public Access; www.duckharborresort.com,. Don't know about the other one. Good luck.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:48 AM   #8
melissa
soon2bnbranson

Thanks again everyone...the log home on Tablerock lake looks really nice. It's definately on my list and so is Dogwood Canyon. They tell me that Dogwood Canyon cabins are about $150.00 a night for the off season...Big Cedar is considerably higher than that depending on what you want if anyone is interested in this information. To the person who mentioned Christmas in the canyon...what is this exactly? I might be interested in making arrangements for this as we will likely be in Branson around Christmas. We were there a couple of weeks prior to Christmas this past year and went to SDC which was a really good time. We just love Branson...we live six hours away in Paducah,Kentucky and always enjoy making the trip even though it's a bit of a long drive. The Ozark hospitality is great!!!
Old 02-20-2006, 12:00 AM   #9
tkite

I posted aboout Christmas in the canyon. We stayed in the 3 bedroom cabin at dogwood canyon and did the christmas deal.

First they have dinner (turkey or ham and all the fixings) and santa shows up for all the kids to get there picture with him. Then they put you on the trams and take you down to the old church chapel and everyone sings christmas carols by candlelight and they had live animals and a manger out behind the chapel for the kids to see. Then you go back up to the main part of the park where they have a bonfire and smores and hot cider.

Its just a real enjoyable evening for a family to spend together and its even better if your stayin there and go back to your cabin on property.

I also foregot to mention if you stay at dogwood canyon you get into the park for free.

Closed Thread