1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 10:30 AM   #1
71antiquity

Thumbs up Whippersnappers- All you can eat Lobster buffet $24.99

Myself being from Virginia Beach, Virginia and currently living in the Kansas City area of Missouri love lobster so when I heard about this place, we drove up and spent the night just to go to this restauraunt. The lobsters were average sized and good but the place was like a truck stop atmosphere. There wasn't a large buffet but considering you can eat all the lobster, crab legs and spiced shrimp and clam strips you want< I wasn't too depressed about not having mashed potatoes and canned corn on the menu. If I'm ever up that way again I would definetly eat there. Another great absolutley fantasic place to have lobster is The Pear Tree in Beveir, Mo. up by Columbia, Mo.. It is a town of less than 1,000 but you have to make reservations for this semi- elegant restauraunt. The lobster tails are batter dipped and fried which bring out the sweatness of the meat and isn't chewy like a boiled lobster. I am not a steak eater but there steaks melt in your mouth and the onion rings are craved as much as the lobster. They have the biggest shrimp prawns I've ever seen even in Virginia or Maine. It will run about $35-$40 per person with the meal and appetizer and drink and their desserts are heavenly.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:12 PM   #2
Donsgal

I guess you have to be a lobster lover to appreciate the place.

We went two (or is it three now?) years ago for my birthday and, being a seafood lover, I was certainly looking forward to it.

In my opinion the food was far below par. But I didn't have any lobster. As I recall the crabs' legs were tasteless and most of the other food tasted like they had just dumped it out of the "industrial sized" can into the microwave before heating it up. NOT a good experience.

donsgal
Old 06-21-2005, 07:47 AM   #3
missouri

I must agree the Pear Tree is very good, however, it's a long way from Columbia at least a hour and a half. It is on hiway 36 between Macon and Marceline..so if you are ever planning to go see the boyhood home of Mark Twain the Pear Tree is only about 10 miles away
Old 06-21-2005, 11:33 AM   #4
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missouri
so if you are ever planning to go see the boyhood home of Mark Twain the Pear Tree is only about 10 miles away
LOL ... Denny, don't you mean "boyhood home of Walt Disney"?
Old 06-21-2005, 11:42 AM   #5
missouri

you are right Mark Twain's boyhood home is 50 miles the other way...still on highway 36 though
Old 07-09-2005, 12:16 PM   #6
janell
Janell

Now we are talking lobster

If you really want the BEST Lobster ever you have to eat at the Blue Heroin in Lake Ozark. Its brought in fresh from Main(I know this because I use to pick it up from the bus and deliver it). Anyway it is deep fried and nothing like I have tasted before!!!! Two can have this dinner at the 5 star restaurant for about $100 or less. I have tried lobster at other places and dont like it. This is the only place I have heard of fried lobster and when I mention at other locations they look at me like I'am crazy

Closed Thread