1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 08:12 AM   #1
iowamom

Cool I'm going to fall for it.......

Help!!! I just saw on the internet that I can get 2 tickets to SDC and 2 tickets to a show for almost nothing. Of course, I have to listen to an hour and a half sales pitch and tour for Cabin on Green Mountain.
Are you all rolling you eyes yet???? :-)
Really, has anyone ever fell for it?? I don't want to try and save money for a family vacation and end up buying a cabin!!!
Give me some good ole' Branson advice!!!

Last edited by iowamom; 06-16-2005 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:25 AM   #2
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

If you got the money honey, I've got the timeeeeeeeee.......famous words from a famous song.

YOU CAN SAY NO.....up front, and at the end. No one can twist your arm,.......then again if you are loaded and can afford it, and will use it?.....Go for it.........IF YOU ARE SURE THEY ARE REPUTABLE.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:36 AM   #3
fours
Catch Cyclone Fever!

From one Iowa Mom to another.....NO....just not worth the hassle....too much wasting precious vacation time. The hour and a half turns into a half day easy. If you are wanting to look for discounts try missouribargins for show tickets, look for family passes at different shows....for SDC....try your motel that your staying at ask if they have a two days for the price of one or another discount...or look for a coke can with a 5 off price of admission.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:40 AM   #4
tina_als_girl

Just know that the "90-minute" sales pitch will end up being more like 3 or more hours. My parents took a similar deal, and the "90-minute-but-actually-3-hours" sales pitch totally messed up our schedule because we didn't think they'd be in there so long; they also ended up getting convinced to buy a timeshare. Now they're in a lot of debt due to being duped by some fake company posing as a timeshare seller and taking their money and then disappearing.

So you gotta be *really* careful, especially if you end up buying something.

Joy
Old 06-16-2005, 08:41 AM   #5
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Thumbs down

Now with Fourstevens standing in front of me....I AGREE.......NO NO NO...if your time is limited....cause this will never be an hour of your time...BELIEVE ME...been there and done that.......you will work harder and longer than the tickets cost.............look up missouribargains........you can do that, fast easy with no ARM TWISTING.

Tina.....YIKES.

And, have you noticed there are more RE-SALE, or LET ME SELL YOUR TIMESHARE businesses, that let me sell you a first time timeshare?

And, yes......I do know several people, locally who brought in Branson....so they could go to Florida and swap condos.........AND THE MONEY THEY PAID DOWN, disappeared, with the Company.......and they are still SUING to get their money back. Pretty hard to sue, someone who has disappeared like your MONEY.

Last edited by Cheesecake; 06-16-2005 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:00 AM   #6
nannac
Super Ultra Member

Iowa Mom,

We took the tour last March. We were there for half a day, as these guys do not take no for an answer. We ended up buying after telling the guy that we absolutely would not buy. They keep bringing out deals, until they get one that you think you can afford. I would say to stay far away, unless you are really interested in being a timeshare owner. Timeshare is not a bad thing, if you have time to travel, and can afford it. If you are not interested in becoming an owner, then I would suggest staying as far away from these people as possible.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:11 AM   #7
iowamom

Thank you !!!

Thank you so much for the advice! I would be so disappointed if I wasted a half (or almost full) day of our vacation on this.
Vacation time is precious and our son has been sick the last year. The last thing we need to do is drag him around one of these deals.
If you are a computer person you can visit his webpage and see how darn adorable he is :-) I believe it's listed as my homepage with my name.
I hope you all enjoy your vacations or time in Branson!!!

Live Strong Everyone!!!!
Old 06-16-2005, 09:11 AM   #8
ggh
Super User

Timeshares can be good deals - if you 've got the money and time to travel.

I've got family who have a condo time share, and they share it with the rest of the family - it's great - but ....

they didn't go to a time share sale for it's free tickets, and they didn't say yes to a phone call to come for a 90 minute presentation, instead they did some research on time shares, and knew what they wanted, and they called the company, and went and purchased their condo...

I work too hard for my money -and wait too long for a vacation, to spend my time listening to a salesman try to sell me something I don't want, can't afford, and don't need - I'd rather spend my money on the tickets!
Old 06-16-2005, 09:15 AM   #9
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

NO...no....no....NO.....no.....no......no......don 't do it!

We spent almost a half a day, and I was a complete wreck when we got thru arguing with these people. Then...we had to practically demand the things that they promised, and still didn't get everything.

Two words for what you have to deal with:

RUDE PEOPLE
Old 06-16-2005, 01:16 PM   #10
Branson Queen
Ultra Member

I visited your website.....what a precious child. This website can give you information to help you save as much as you could with the timeshare. Either do a search on the places you would like to go or ask in a thread, you will find more discounts than you can imagine and you will save your precious family time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope your son lives a long and healthy life. ( and has a great time in Branson!)
Old 06-16-2005, 02:19 PM   #11
fours
Catch Cyclone Fever!

You have a precious little guy....prayers for your entire family. And Welcome aboard the message board....always nice to have another Iowan here.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:32 PM   #12
nannac
Super Ultra Member

I just visited your website. What a great site. Your son is a beautiful child. May God be with you and yours, and may he live a long healthy life.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:07 PM   #13
Double Mom
Packer Fan

What a sweet little boy you have, prayers go out for him & the family. Welcome to the board & have a wonderful time in Branson!
Old 07-21-2005, 02:44 PM   #14
nemo

My family has done a few of the timeshare things. We as a family are ABSOLUTELY NOT INTERESTED in anything they have to offer (except of course the free tickets they give you after your time) As people have said, it usually ends up being longer than what they say it's going to be, but I think that if it is, you should just be able to get up and walk out and still get your free stuff. Just my opinion, lol. We always tell them at the beginning that the only reason we're there is FOR the free stuff. They hate it, but who cares? Also, my parents have found it useful that when they're asking you questions about where you've been on vacation say nowhere too far. Would you like to? No not really just want to stay close. We like Branson and we like the motels and hotels just fine thank-you. Stick to your guns, and you'll frustrate them and they'll give up. But it DEFINITELY is a hassle and often not worth it. This past-time we got 2 free nights at a motel and 4 show tickets, this is the deal the guy offered over the phone JUST to get us to go listen to the 90 min presentation. Ha!
Old 07-21-2005, 05:54 PM   #15
PUMPKIN
pumpkin

Cool

PRAYERS FROM SOUTHEASTERN ARKANSAS. HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD TRIP.TOOK ONE TOUR,NEVER AGAIN. I WILL SPEND MY MONEY ON SHOWS,ATTRACTIONS, AND LOTS OF EATS. WE GET A MOTEL OR HOTEL THAT DON'T COST MUCH.

Closed Thread