1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Animal Safari Branson Attractions
Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions
Register FAQ Members List Event Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 01:21 PM   #1
AdairMD
BOOMER SOONER

Animal Safari

What happened to the Animal Safari? I know it was closed down several years ago. I wish it was still there, I didn't get a chance to go through it when it was still open.
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2005, 02:07 PM   #2
Kentucky Gal

I can't remember the reason for it closing, but I wish it was still there too!

The first year we went to Branson, 1990, we drove through it, and it was
really a fun time!

We stopped once to look at some giraffes, and one put his head in the
truck with us. It was fun!!
Bookmark only this post: Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Yahoo Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 03-12-2005, 02:33 PM   #3
vacation girl

I haven't heard of the animal safari, but i have heard of Predator world. I heard it was kinda like a zoo but has sooo much more like sharks, things you won't find in a regular zoo...i will be going there soon i can't wait to see what it is all about...
Old 03-12-2005, 02:49 PM   #4
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

There's Exotic Animal Paradise in Springfield... is that it? It's a drive through zoo/animal park. We were going to try to stop on our way to Branson in a couple of weeks, but now we're going down the evening before, so it will be dark.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:23 PM   #5
fours
Catch Cyclone Fever!

Oh, gosh I don't know what happened to it...but that was a neat addition to Branson at the time...remember the monkeys hang around the antenna of the car and climbing all over it. Remember at the time my oldest was just learning to talk...and one of her first words was MON-KEEEEE. Remember the store clerks telling hubby and I to hold on to her because the monkeys liked kids.

The Exotic Animal Paradise is different from what they had in Branson. Haven't been there in a couple years.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:52 PM   #6
Kentucky Gal

When we were there a monkey had gotten in the car next to us and was going through a bag of food looking for something to eat. I think it was a bag
from a fast food place! He was just sitting in the seat like he was supposed to be there!!
Old 03-20-2005, 08:17 PM   #7
Julsouthbranson

There were financial problems and safety problems. A huge problem was monkeys escaping the park. I remember one hitched a ride all the way to SDC in the back of a pick-up truck. My best memory there was when our car broke down and wouldn't start. The giraffe came over and ate our windshield wipers!!! Really!
Old 03-27-2005, 09:34 PM   #8
Donsgal

Zebras

It was those dang biting zebras that did it.

Just kidding. When I moved to Branson in 1988 it was my most favorite thing to do there. I must have gone three times a month. The best thing to do was buy a container of carmel corn. (Yeah, I know, aren't supposed to feed the animals "unauthorized food"). The critters would do ANYTHING for carmel corn. I once had a donkey and a giraffe follow my car through the entire park begging for carmel corn.

It was a riot.

donsgal
Old 04-03-2005, 04:41 PM   #9
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Oops.....now we know what happened at Animal Safari......Donsgal killed all the animals with carmel corn.

Closed Thread