1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 12:52 PM   #1
South Texan
With East Texas Roots

Question Quality Inn On Shepherd Of The Hills Expressway

Am looking for motel information from anyone who has stayed at the Quality Inn on Shepherd of the Hills Expressway recently. It is across the street from Shoji Tobuchi's theater. Please give me your opinion as to your stay concerning things such as condition of room, staff, on site cafe, pool, etc..

I did a search by name and address of motel for this thread but no links came up that would help me answer the questions that I have posed.

Thanks from a first time user to pose a question that I hope gets a response.

Way down in Texas between Houston and Corpus Christi.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:38 PM   #2
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Texan
Am looking for motel information from anyone who has stayed at the Quality Inn on Shepherd of the Hills Expressway recently. It is across the street from Shoji Tobuchi's theater.
Check this thread down a few from yours: http://getawaysaver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11119 I think this is the motel Laura stayed in.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:01 PM   #3
LauraIowa

The beds were comfortable but I thought the place was rather run down. I wish we would have stayed at Southern Oaks Inn which is right next door - looks much nicer, cleaner, updated and from responses here would definitely do that next time.
We will not go back to that particular Quality Inn.
Hope that helps!
Old 10-14-2004, 02:56 PM   #4
BransonGudTimr
Ultra Member

Listened to a conversation yesterday, where visitors were talking about the Quality Inn, SOH Expressway. Mentioned that there were cob webs in corners of the ceiling. They felt it was generally unkept and were comparing it with the Ramada, which they thought was much the same.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:45 PM   #5
South Texan
With East Texas Roots

Thanks For Info

I would like to thank LauraIowa and BransonGudTmr for your comments about my question concerning this particular Quality Inn. It will be very helpful in my making of a decision. I would have liked for the comments to have been favorable, due to my wife and I participating in the choicehotels program that allows for one free night and staying two nights in one of their hotels. We have built up enough points for five free nights (due to a Mid West trip we took) but not at this motel with the conditions you all mention. We will find another one and I will pose a question about it. Thanks, again
Old 10-14-2004, 03:56 PM   #6
ggh
Super User

The Comfort Inn & Suites is a part of the Choice Hotels, and has gotten good reviews here - I know the parking lot isn't flat, but the view from the rooms must be spectacular, as it's located at a high point in Branson. It's not located on the main drag, but it is definately close enough to the back roads to make it easy to get to where you're going.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:42 AM   #7
LauraIowa

Trust me.....I have stayed at other Choice Hotels and Quality Inns but this particular one I cannot recommend. My husband even complained to the front desk and he doesn't do that often - we were glad it was just one night - if we had reserved more nights - we would have left and found something else

I also hear the Casdades Inn (near Shoji) and that same area is very nice - my parents have stayed there and have been happy
Old 10-15-2004, 10:16 AM   #8
OkieAnon

Quote:
I would like to thank LauraIowa and BransonGudTmr for your comments about my question concerning this particular Quality Inn. It will be very helpful in my making of a decision. I would have liked for the comments to have been favorable, due to my wife and I participating in the choicehotels program that allows for one free night and staying two nights in one of their hotels. We have built up enough points for five free nights (due to a Mid West trip we took) but not at this motel with the conditions you all mention. We will find another one and I will pose a question about it. Thanks, again

as mentioned by another poster... you can use your points at the Comfort Inns. Stayed at the Inn's and Suites, will be staying at the Thousand Hills fairly soon. Another place you can use your points at is the Clarion Palace Inn .. very nice place.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:33 AM   #9
fritzie

Wink

Quote:
I would have liked for the comments to have been favorable, due to my wife and I participating in the choicehotels program that allows for one free night and staying two nights in one of their hotels. We have built up enough points for five free nights (due to a Mid West trip we took) but not at this motel with the conditions you all mention. We will find another one and I will pose a question about it. Thanks, again
The Comfort Inn's in Branson require 12000 points or twice as much as the Quality Inns. You may want to check out the Clarion which "only" cost 8000 points per night.

Got a lot of bonus points during the current promotion.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:37 AM   #10
fritzie

Quote:
I would have liked for the comments to have been favorable, due to my wife and I participating in the choicehotels program that allows for one free night and staying two nights in one of their hotels. We have built up enough points for five free nights (due to a Mid West trip we took) but not at this motel with the conditions you all mention. We will find another one and I will pose a question about it. Thanks, again
The Comfort Inns in Branson require 12000 points but one night at the Clarion will "only" cost you 8000 points. I think that one night at a Comfort Inn is NOT worth 50% more than the Clarion.

Got a lot of bonus points this fall??
Old 10-18-2004, 03:28 PM   #11
South Texan
With East Texas Roots

We are currently up to 33,000 points with a few more to come in. I figure we can get at least three free nights by the time the rest of the points come in.

Closed Thread