1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 06:45 AM   #1
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Dress Shops in Branson

I'm looking for a Special Dress...Son's Wedding...Mother of the Groom. I have to pick a dark red or a silver dress.
We may hit the Outlets and I would like some good suggestions of places to look. Not Dressy Gaudy ~grin~.
And I probably shouldn't wear my rinestone "I love Branson" pin to the Wedding.
Thanks so much for your help. Husband thanks you, too. If I have some places in mind, we don't have to go to Every Store.
Suselit
Old 07-03-2002, 06:55 AM   #2
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

I can't remember the name -- but

Downtown Branson -- MurLen I think it is called -- is where my neice got her prom dress many years ago -- it was beautiful. Try there -- then go to the outlet malls.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:16 AM   #3
ggh
Super User

Wedding dresses

Suselit - I took my dd to Branson prom dress shopping this year, the shops I visited told me to return to Springfield, saying that they just don't carry much in that line of dress wear - and from our day shopping there, I believe them, we didn't see anything that would have been appropriate.

Barclays' Bridal Shop in Springfield, at Cherokee and Glenstone is going out of business, I just noticed their signs "Everything must go by July 30th" on the windows on Monday, so I'm betting they still have a selection, and some good prices. They always seem to have a larger selection of Mom's dresses than Wedding dresses - so I bet it would be a good place to start.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:39 AM   #4
Marjorie
Super Ultra Member

Hi Suselit:

Sure wish I could help you out, but I really don't recall seeing any shops that might have what you are looking for. I'd have to agree with "ggh". Springfield will probably be your best bet. Look for a Bridal Shop. They have wonderful dresses/gowns for the Mother of the bride/groom.

AND BTW: CONGRATULATIONS!

Hugs,
Marjorie
Old 07-03-2002, 04:04 PM   #5
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Ggh, Thanks for the tip about Barclay's going out of business. That's were my 25 year old daughter bought her first prom dress. We traveled to the big city, Amy, Daddy and I. She found the perfect dress. And Daddy was so pleased because he thought "this should be nice to wear to all her proms."!!!
I told Amy..."just get the dress and we will explain Proms to him later."

Thanks for the good wishes, Marjorie. Adam is 30 and so picky that I took matters into my own hands and began praying that he would find someone perfect for him. Well, he did. She is also 30, never married either and best of all...her Mother was praying that she would find someone perfect for her!

Suselit

as glad as I am to get your feedback, I suppose that it means I can't justify a trip to Branson to shop for the dress. ~grin~
Old 07-06-2002, 07:44 PM   #6
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Finally found one

Didn't find a dress on the 4th, but we returned to Springfield and I found one at Barclay's....a formal, silver dress with a sheer jacket that I loved..40% off, too.

I was looking for a dress that would take off 10 years, 10 lbs. and be on sale...Yipppeee!!!
Only took 2 days and 11 stores, but I did it.

and we came up with a design for the candy bars that both Bride and Groom liked. I designed about 30 samples. I wanted my future daughter in law to have lots of choices because I knew she wouldn't want to hurt my feelings. In the end she pulled one graphic from one wrapper, the text font from another, the back from another one...and then I put them all together in 4 different ways..and here's the one they selected.

Last edited by Suselit; 12-16-2006 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-06-2002, 08:56 PM   #7
ggh
Super User

Yippee!

Suselit - Glad you found your dress - I think I'm going to have to stop by there myself if I can find something to make me 10 lb lighter, and 10 years younger!

Let your dh know that I think you did great - 2 days and 11 stores later you have your dress - my dd shops for MUCH longer than that for a t-shirt!

I Love your candy bar wrapper - GREAT idea & fantastic design work Suselit! (I hope you're still around designing candy wrappers when my 3 get married!)
Old 07-07-2002, 10:09 AM   #8
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

You bet, I love making the wrappers.
Suselit
Old 07-07-2002, 10:34 AM   #9
Marjorie
Super Ultra Member

Suselit:

So glad you found a dress. Sometimes it takes FOREVER! Sounds beautiful!

Love your candy wrappers! That is really neat!

So, when's the wedding???????? Are you all ready now????
I'll be praying for blue skies!

Hugs,
Marjorie
Old 07-07-2002, 10:48 AM   #10
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Ready? NO!
I'm making the 5 tier square wedding cake. Bottom layer is 18" . The Wedding mints, too. plus 200 candy bars.
And hosting the Rehersal Dinner.
Wedding is July 20th, 7pm at St.Agnes Cathedral, Springfield.
Reception..dinner/dance is at 8pm at the club.
Busy? YES!
Suselit

Closed Thread