1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #61
OKCtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Definitely!! Go and visit Blue Man Grill!!!! It was wonderful. Huge burger with choice of onion rings, fries or sweet potato fries. I brought over half of my dinner home. For $6.95 for a burger and fries, you can't beat it. Like Zack said, they should raise their prices. They did close about 5:30, just as we were leaving. Everything on the menu is not available because of the storm. They lost a lot of their stuff in the kitchen when the electricity was off, so have to get restocked. But you could get any of the burgers/sandwiches and appetizers. Just not the fried catfish and macaroni type foods, or salads. They will be up and running soon though. They were supposed to open Thursday, but because of the storm, today was their first day. And it is pretty hard to spot, because part of their sign on the front was blown down, and it's not where you'd really expect it to be. Straight across from Krispy Kreme, just behind the Ducks. They definitely need a 40' blue man outside to attract attention. The waiter said there would be a blue man outside on the street tomorrow to hail everyone in.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #62
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSue View Post
What curfew? We are coming Thursday so I assume it will be lifted by then???

We will definitely eat a burger and onion rings here! I wonder what the Mac and cheese is like? Wish they could lay their hands on Chester's recipe!
the curfew has been because there were/are so many business areas damaged with the buildings still not secured, the curfew was not in effect for areas where theatres were open. Walmart on the strip is open today even tho they are still working on the building, a lot of interior work going on. About the Mac n' Cheese, some of the staff were talking about it and it sounds awesome!!

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Last edited by Zach7777; 03-03-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #63
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCtraveler View Post
Definitely!! Go and visit Blue Man Grill!!!! It was wonderful. Huge burger with choice of onion rings, fries or sweet potato fries. I brought over half of my dinner home. For $6.95 for a burger and fries, you can't beat it. Like Zack said, they should raise their prices. They did close about 5:30, just as we were leaving. Everything on the menu is not available because of the storm. They lost a lot of their stuff in the kitchen when the electricity was off, so have to get restocked. But you could get any of the burgers/sandwiches and appetizers. Just not the fried catfish and macaroni type foods, or salads. They will be up and running soon though. They were supposed to open Thursday, but because of the storm, today was their first day. And it is pretty hard to spot, because part of their sign on the front was blown down, and it's not where you'd really expect it to be. Straight across from Krispy Kreme, just behind the Ducks. They definitely need a 40' blue man outside to attract attention. The waiter said there would be a blue man outside on the street tomorrow to hail everyone in.
I'm so glad to see another review on here! AND glad you liked it....i must be honest and say i went in not really expecting it to be so good!! I'm glad they are doing something about "attention getting", i did tell them that the only way i knew it was open was because i was specifically looking, even the open sign was hard to spot. They will do well once the word gets out. The chef is obviously a "real" cook...unlike some other places. I should have brought half mine home...but as it was I only brought some ORings!! And ya know they were really good several hours later cold...

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 03-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #64
blueman

thanks zack

so glad you had a good experience and enjoyed the food. i really wish we could have a 40'blue man to hail in customers! city of branson wouldnt let us put up any flagging to make our place more noticeable today.this was our first official open day. again,thanks to all that came out to give us a try.hope to see more of you all tomorrow.the storm did set us back some,but we will serve everything we possibly can from our menu.we do have salads,sandwiches,burgers,appetizers,and deserts.by tuesday,we will have our homemade mac n cheese(which is huge,creamy,and the cheesiest youve ever had)! and to reply to one blogger,i dont know if sourdough and french is gluten free,but i do have a close family member with digestive issues,and those two types of bread are the only kind that they can eat.something about the fermentation process of the wheat../so,we do offer a really good sourdough,you can sub it on any sandwich or burger if you wish,just ask. the onion rings are battered with buttermilk,thats why they are so tasty,and we REALLY do hand cut our own fries fesh. watch for the blue dude out on the street tomorrow helping us get noticed,unless the city says we cant have a waver ????in which case,just come on in.gonna be open from 11 til 6 pm,then back to normal hours next week,closed on mondays though.see u then!
Old 03-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #65
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

i love sourdough so am looking forward to the Black River Burger. Mac N' Cheese is another must have for me...really looking forward to trying that soon as well....

Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 03-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #66
SemperFly
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach7777 View Post
read the menu on here and know what you want before you get there....i'm thinking...really, when people find out about this it's gonna be busy. The ONLY thing that concerns me is it's really hard to spot...Needs something Eye catching at the street....probably not acceptable to city code tho.
God forbid the code enforcement nazis see something that could attract business.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #67
Branson Bluesman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
God forbid the code enforcement nazis see something that could attract business.
Sounds like they could get Zach to wear a hairy blue suit and stand by 76 and wave folks in...
Old 03-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #68
bransonframer
Coming out of hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Bluesman View Post
Sounds like they could get Zach to wear a hairy blue suit and stand by 76 and wave folks in...
I think that's against city code too..... unless you wearing either an "Old Time Photo" outfit or an Elvis suit.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #69
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Would he need the suit?
Old 03-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #70
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

"Zach" aka the BlueMan was standing by the road in front of The Blueman Cafe, as I drove past about 30 minutes ago.......

He waved.... I honked my horn.....
Old 03-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #71
Branson Bluesman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Branson View Post
"Zach" aka the BlueMan was standing by the road in front of The Blueman Cafe, as I drove past about 30 minutes ago.......

He waved.... I honked my horn.....
Just as long as we don't confuse the "Blueman" with the "Bluesman"...
Old 03-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #72
Diane1611
Missing Branson

If there can be a giant chicken on Hwy. 76, why can't there be a Blueman?
Old 03-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #73
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane1611 View Post
If there can be a giant chicken on Hwy. 76, why can't there be a Blueman?
Because it isn't owned by Nolan Fogel?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #74
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Bluesman View Post
Just as long as we don't confuse the "Blueman" with the "Bluesman"...
good gravy, I don't think that could EVER happen!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #75
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

But just think, if the Blue Man Grill was larger, and a bar and grill type place we might get to be entertained by the Bluesman at the Blue Man!

Closed Thread