Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #151
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Bluesman View Post
Ok...speak up...someone has been to the Rancid Rooster by now...
BB......do you really think anyone will post here, IF they do.....?????

I plan to try it out, when I come to Branson, next month, & if I survive....I will post a review.......

I am hoping someone else beats me to it, though.......
Old 04-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #152
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Yep, Mr. Cluck is the name of the rooster.

You can read and hear more about this on Hometown Daily News:
http://www.hometowndailynews.com/local_news.php?id=5003

Mr. Cluck .... and they continue to call it a chicken.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #153
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
Mr. Cluck .... and they continue to call it a chicken.
Someone needs to sit down and have a talk with these people and explain "Facts of Life 101".

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 04-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #154
Branson Bluesman
Banned

NOBODY has been to the Raunchy Rooster YET?
Old 04-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #155
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Bluesman View Post
NOBODY has been to the Raunchy Rooster YET?
Not and lived to tell about it.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #156
Branson Bluesman
Banned

NOBODY still ain't been to the Repugnant Rooster???
Old 04-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #157
mikee

Rooster

Now That He Is All Dressed Up With The Fancy Vest And All, You Must Admit That He's The Best Lookin Rooster In The U.s. A. If You Know Of A Better Looking One, I Would Like To Know Where He Is. Lets Not Be So Critical Of This Great Addition To The Strip. The Tourists Expect To See Something Unusual In A Tourist Town. Lets Hope Some Other Business Will Come Up With The Worlds Biggest Whatever. Cow, Horse, Rabbit Etc. Make It More Interesting To The Visitors. We Need To Lighten Up A Little, Some Of These Threads Get Too Serious Or Down Right Mean.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #158
Branson Bluesman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
Now That He Is All Dressed Up With The Fancy Vest And All, You Must Admit That He's The Best Lookin Rooster In The U.s. A. If You Know Of A Better Looking One, I Would Like To Know Where He Is. Lets Not Be So Critical Of This Great Addition To The Strip. The Tourists Expect To See Something Unusual In A Tourist Town. Lets Hope Some Other Business Will Come Up With The Worlds Biggest Whatever. Cow, Horse, Rabbit Etc. Make It More Interesting To The Visitors. We Need To Lighten Up A Little, Some Of These Threads Get Too Serious Or Down Right Mean.

show me where anyone said something mean...
Old 04-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #159
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

When I was a kid there were these restaurants called "Happy Chef". Pretty cool for a younster to push the button and here him talk. Maybe they'll do that with the Rooster/Hen. Folks could have a choice as to which button they want to push.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:14 AM   #160
kstater1997
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
You really think anything mean has been said about this restaurant??
Old 04-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #161
Branson Bluesman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater1997 View Post
You really think anything mean has been said about this restaurant??
He's clueless...Ignore him...
Old 04-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #162
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

I SURVIVED!!!

Well, instead of waiting 'till the end of my visit to Branson, I did my guinea pig visit Wednesday night.
It wasn't as bad as I had expected! I copped out a little, and took the wheelchair ramp around the rooster's legs!!!. If you go there, after you go through the rooster, or around, look up. Very interesting placement of an access into the bird!
As you enter there is the what has now seemed to be the obligatory ticket/timeshare hucksters at the door. You walk down a short entry hall to the hostess station. We did have to wait a little for someone to greet us. There were a lot of people, but still some open tables. When a man came and asked if we were put on the list yet, I said no. He quickly took my name, and put it on the list. Right under all the names that had already been scratched off. Nobody else waiting in the hall/lobby, or seated at the bar. I almost busted out laughing.
He did a walkaway, and quick return. "See, that didn't take long" Everything I could do to hold back a really big laugh!
While we stood there for the few moments I had a chance to look into the bar. Small area with about 6 or 8 barstools made out of old iron tractor seats. Actually, kind of cool.
As he started to seat us, he said "step behind my cow, and let me take your picture". They have a life size cow in the corner for those desiring all the touristy stuff. I declined, and he wasn't pushy at all, just took us to our table. The waitress was prompt, and courteous.
A look at the menu showed the prices to be on the high side I thought. DW ordered the 2 piece fried chicken. It is one piece white, one dark, for $8.99 $1.99 to make it all white. $11.00 for a two piece chicken dinner is a bit on the high side for me. By the time she ordered, I noticed a 1/2 fried chicken dinner for about $1.00 more. Her choice for sides was mashed potatoes, and carrots. I ordered the 12 oz. Ribeye, baked potato, and green beans at $17.99.
The dinners don't come with bread, or rolls, nor is a salad listed as a side. Instead, they have the soup, salad, and bread bar for an additional $3.99!
The bar had what looked like 4 soup wells, about 16 or 18 bowels of salad makings on a frost top, and a large bowl of rolls. To me, not worth the extra four bucks!!
An observation on the frost top. The bowls were set on an angle, and protruded 6 to 10 inches above the openings in the frost top. Every similar unit I have worked on, or seen in use has the bowls setting down in the holes in the frost top. Uhh, cold air goes down, not up. This designs relies on convection through the stainless bowl to keep the food cool.
Now to the food. The wife's chicken was good. Moist, and seasoned well. She said the mashed potatoes and gravy, and the carrots were also good. My steak was what I expected. The average ribeye from a plastic bag in a box of steaks. Kind of what I would expect from a bar & grill, or diner. It was cooked to my order, medium rare. Warm, and decent enough flavor, but a little chewy. The baked potato was good. Foil wrapped, and obviously done in a potato over, not microwaved. The green beans were also pretty good.
The free passarounds, or passouts were no where to be seen for the 45 minutes we were there. I guess the passaround guy passed out, he wasn't around! I asked our waitress about it when we were finished, and she offered to get us some if we liked. She didn't know where he was all that time. "He is supposed to be here"
Speaking of the waitress, she was very good. Courteous, informative, and prompt.
All in all, it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. We both survived without any "gastric distress". I wouldn't recommend it for a steak, and will advise people in the future that the prices are on the high side for what it is.
I may even tempt fate, and return!. I noticed chicken & dumplings on the menu. Might have to give them a try.
The Risky Rooster isn't going to make my favorite Branson restaurant list anytime soon, but for a run of the mill, average place a little over priced, it's not as bad as I thought.
Oh, one more interesting feature inside. There is a bandstand kind of an area on a balcony above the dining area. Nothing going on when I was there, but it looked like they were setting up.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #163
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

I knew you could do it. You are a brave man.

Well, sounds like it is not as bad as his other restaurants but leaves some things to be desired. We now know there is a rooster outside and also a chicken inside. Got a regular barnyard there.

I do hope somebody finds the "pass-around" guy. Do you think we need to get out an "APB" for him or just wait until another board member tries the place to see if they found him. Sounds on the high side to me also for what you receive.

Thanks for being our guinea pig and providing all the fun that went along with preparing for your visit. You are a great sport and a fun board member......and very, very brave.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 04-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #164
shis1
Str8fn

Rjw?

Did you happen to notice the 2 cows on the outside of the building? On the eastern side, up on a 'balcony type' thingy? Didn't have time to look and see if there are any other 'animals' 'up there' or not!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:35 PM   #165
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shis1 View Post
Did you happen to notice the 2 cows on the outside of the building? On the eastern side, up on a 'balcony type' thingy? Didn't have time to look and see if there are any other 'animals' 'up there' or not!
Didn't really notice outside. I was too afraid of walking under Risky Rooster. The whole decor is barnyard/farm themed. I actually think it's kind of cool.

Closed Thread