1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Old 05-29-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Saint City's Sports Bar and Grill

Just noticed it today. In the old Time Out location at the Falls. Must have just opened recently. I didn't notice it when I was in Branson on April.
Anybody been there yet. Most reviews I have seen have been outstanding. They say the food is really good, and service is above, and beyond friendly and good.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:31 PM   #2
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

According to a post from them on Facebook, they literally just opened. The name comes from the two major cities in Missouri Saint (Louis) and (Kansas) City. Here's the post one of the owners made in a Branson group I'm in on FB:

"Hi folks, Saint City is now open!
For several months I have busted my butt to get this place up to code and open. When opening a new business everything that can go wrong will go wrong. It did. Yet, here we are.
I feel the need to share with our community what we’re about. The name Saint City comes St. Louis and Kansas City. They are the home of our Missouri sports teams. We are proud to represent and support our state and all it has to offer. We have a selection of Missouri beers and strive to source as many menu items as we can from our home state. For example we have Piney River Walnut Wheat beer on tap from Missouri and our hand battered cheese curds come from Edgewood creamery in Purdy, Missouri.
Saint City wants to do is part. As a team we strive to REDUCE the amount of waste produced by the hospitality industry. We are 100% straw free. However our guest are welcome to bring in their own reusable straw. No plastic. Crazy! I know. But as the owner, I want to squeeze as much good out of this adventure as I can. We don’t claim to be 100% eco-friendly but we are constantly working towards it. Our to-go cutlery is made out of potatoes and our containers are 100% biodegradable. We recycle all cardboard, recyclable plastics and metal.
I look forward to learning and growing with Branson. I feel very blessed to be part of such a unique and loving town. Please, Stay tuned for our grand opening and an opportunity to do more good together."
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:32 PM   #3
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Just noticed it today. In the old Time Out location at the Falls. Must have just opened recently. I didn't notice it when I was in Branson on April.
Anybody been there yet. Most reviews I have seen have been outstanding. They say the food is really good, and service is above, and beyond friendly and good.
I'm planning on going over and catching the Blues in the Stanley Cup Final at some point.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:09 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Well, I'm there now
First impression, the servers might be friendly, but slow. Second, the no straw thing. As the server said "California is completely strawless". Well Skippy, we ain't in California.
Three, the menu is limited to a few bar apps, burgers, chicken sandwich, and chicken salad.
Some things could be growing pains, others the owner's philosophy.
My final opinion will be after they bring the food. But so far it seems like an OK sports bar to watch a game. Drink a beer, and grab a burger or some wings if you're hungry. But not a place for dinner.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:22 PM   #5
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

No straws???

RJ.......
how was the "cutlery?". Made out of potatoes??

food? taste? portions?
Old 05-29-2019, 07:52 PM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

The food is pretty good. I had a burger, the "Classic" which had bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickle. Came with fries which were good. Crispy like they should be. They brought out a small paper cup with catsup, I had to ask for mustard
Which again wad in a small paper cup
Guess that's more of the owner's "green" approach. It was no Billy Bob's or Danna's, but not bad. The wife had the grilled chicken salad. Sufficient amount of grilled chicken breast, on a bed of greens covering a good sized plate. She said it was good, but the little paper cup of dressing was insufficient for the size of the salad.
Ten bucks for my burger and fries, eight for her salad, and I had a Coke at $2.49
Total with tax was $22 and change.
I won't diss them on my first visit. Especially considering they just opened.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:51 AM   #7
flyfishinggolfer

bar review

Now I have two bars to visit: Scooter and Saint City. Darn. Visiting bars always gets in the way of fun trip to Branson. My measuring stick will be Drafts and the Cheeky Monkey. However the CM is not really a sports bar. It is throwback to the old bars you'd see along the highway.
flyfishinggolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:32 AM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Fly, bar wise they might compete, and be worth checking out. Bar and grill wise they aren't even in the same ballpark. Even the Monkey's limited menu tops Saint City's.
Then there's the California wannabe thing. Not in the least appealing to me. To add to that, their excuse for no straws, besides the fact that California is completely straw free, was that they are trying to protect the "aquatic wildlife". Can't say I've ever seen a Trout in Taneycomo suffer because I used a straw at a restaurant.
After some fishing this morning I'm going to give Scooters a try. I'll let you know what I think.
BTW, get your waders, and buggy whip out. The gates are all closed, and generators shut down most of the day now.