1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 10:06 AM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Flat Creek Resort Bar & Grill

Is it worth the long and winding road drive?
Just wondering. I did drive over there one day when it was rainy, and nothing else much to do in Branson. Didn't eat there, but the wife was terrified of the winding road drive.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:04 AM   #2
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Exactly where is it in Cape Fair? We drove around Cape Fair one day and didn't find it. Should have checked Google Maps that day but didn't do so.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:26 AM   #3
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Worth it!
Old 06-03-2019, 09:58 PM   #4
Bella2

Directions to Flat Creek

[SIZE="3"]Flat Creek Resort & Grill is not right in Cape Fair. When you come to the "T" intersection in the middle of town, be sure to turn right. Continue through Cape Fair on the same highway and the resort/grill is out in the country a few miles. The place is on the left side, going out, and just before you go down a slight hill toward a bridge. I'm presuming that water-way is "Flat Creek."
Old 06-04-2019, 07:26 AM   #5
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella2 View Post
[SIZE="3"]Flat Creek Resort & Grill is not right in Cape Fair. When you come to the "T" intersection in the middle of town, be sure to turn right. Continue through Cape Fair on the same highway and the resort/grill is out in the country a few miles. The place is on the left side, going out, and just before you go down a slight hill toward a bridge. I'm presuming that water-way is "Flat Creek."
Thank you!
Old 06-04-2019, 10:28 AM   #6
st041986

The traditional nacho appetizer and all you can eat catfish are delicious! We usually stay and eat there when we are down in March to snag for paddlefish.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:48 AM   #7
billj598

Food is average, catfish is good but also good elsewhere. Crab legs poorly prepared and impossible to extract the crab-meat from the shell making them a waste of money.

Drive is hazardous at best. Do not care for having to share a table with strangers at all. Taco Tuesday was a joke. Better food available many places in Branson.

Went there three times and will not return.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:15 PM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Didn't know that catfish was their signature dish. With the great catfish at tge Farm House, or Danna's there certainly isn any reason to make the drive to Flat Creek.
Seating? So it all at big tables with strangers?
When the Belle first opened they had that "cruise ship" seating nonsense, and I didn't go back until they got rid of it. The long row is tolerable, but not the 4 or 6 couples at a table.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:39 AM   #9
billj598

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Didn't know that catfish was their signature dish. With the great catfish at tge Farm House, or Danna's there certainly isn any reason to make the drive to Flat Creek.
Seating? So it all at big tables with strangers?
When the Belle first opened they had that "cruise ship" seating nonsense, and I didn't go back until they got rid of it. The long row is tolerable, but not the 4 couples at a table.
Our impression was their signature dish was not just limited to Catfish but their Chicken too. There are individual tables available but you can imagine what gets occupied first when they are busy...which leaves the shared tables.

It's quite a drive but our favorite Catfish is over at Catfish Cabin in Eureka Springs. They take pains to advertise it is sourced from only American Catfish farmers rather than the unknown source(s) at other establishments. No way we will eat Catfish or Tilapia from SE Asia where the farming conditions are filth.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:08 AM   #10
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by billj598 View Post
It's quite a drive but our favorite Catfish is over at Catfish Cabin in Eureka Springs. They take pains to advertise it is sourced from only American Catfish farmers rather than the unknown source(s) at other establishments. No way we will eat Catfish or Tilapia from SE Asia where the farming conditions are filth.
Totally agree. Catfish Cabin is the best. The word is that Flat Creek doesn't use real catfish. It’s swai which is a Vietnamese fish.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:30 AM   #11
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for the additional info.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:36 PM   #12
kayokla
Ultra Member

We ate there in May. My husband really liked his meal. Seems like he had pulled pork, sweet tater fries and fried okra. I had the brisket and it was just ok. This place came highly recommended to us by some of the employees at Silver Dollar City. I would go back, just try something else. We actually went to hear the entertainment for that particular evening.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:58 PM   #13
ggh
Super User

Depending on where you are it might be closer to go to Flat Creek in Republic, MO.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:42 PM   #14
Bella2

How easy is it to get in the door...

Glad to know about the shared tables. I wouldn't like that either. Anyone know how handicapped accessible it is?
Old 06-10-2019, 11:35 AM   #15
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

I’ve never had to share a table, even when I was there by myself. I have only gone during the day time though. There was no entertainment then. I have heard that one of the Homestead Pickers from SDC plays there one night a week. Food was excellent! I had the catfish (very, very good!) once, and the chicken (also great) one time, but they also specialize in barbecue, crab legs, etc. good desserts too, and very friendly staff and service. I have to say that I did not find the drive from Branson to Flat Creek to be scary at all, but then I grew up in the country in southeast Missouri where there were many, many winding roads, many of them even unpaved.

Closed Thread