1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Another Johnny Morris project

Johnny Morris has a new project -- the 218 acre Lost Canyon Cave and Nature Trail which is part of the Top of the Rock Ozarks Heritage Preserve. No opening date has been set. More details in this article from Branson Tri-Lakes News:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...a4bcf887a.html
Old 12-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
Kalt
The Cold One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales2 View Post
the man is unstoppable. I thot it was funny it said they have not yet determined if an admission will be charged. SURE>..
I wouldn't mind a small admission fee...small.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales2 View Post
He made his money honestly.....
That's debatable.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransonframer View Post
That's debatable.
He learned how to play the game and he played it well. He didn't write the rules... he just followed them.

Good Times in Branson
Old 12-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
BMOMAN

Quote:
That's debatable.
Lets hear it. Lets see what a poster on a message board knows about Johnny Morris' business plan and techniques. cant wait to read
Old 12-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOMAN View Post
Lets hear it. Lets see what a poster on a message board knows about Johnny Morris' business plan and techniques. cant wait to read
I've detailed many, many times on here already. Find it if you want to.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #7
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
He learned how to play the game and he played it well. He didn't write the rules... he just followed them.
I'm not quite sure you can say that. He got money to do something voters approved of. Then he didn't do it and gave the money to something the voters DIDN'T approve of. And, my best guess since I can't prove it, took a tax write-off for his "charitable" donation.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #8
SemperFly
Super Ultra Member

the cave project has been worked on for a couple of years now. most folks didnt even know about it. i think it will be a great addition to the area, dont care who built it or owns it. a fee wouldnt surprise me or deter me from going.
the other thing is, if it is a morris project, you know it will be done right. looking forward to seeing it
Old 12-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
Don't you think it will open, and then close down for an extended time, with occasional notices that it will re-open "next year"?

Probably not if there isn't "public" money attached to it. If it's his OWN skin in the game, then he has a vested interest in generating an income to realize a return on his investment.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #10
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
TOTR has been closed for refurbishing for what, 7 years?

Both Murder Rock and Branson Creek got shut down immediately, even with tee times and events scheduled.
I wasn't aware of these. I assumed you were talking about Wonders of Wildlife.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #11
Chittlins

Any of you following his development with the old Pyramid Arena in Memphis It'll be a store but with more than your typical one with observation deck overlooking the Mississippi and an arena floor to create a swamp. Oh, it's going to have around 60 cabin like rooms to stay in too. It'll be one great big pitch for Big Cedar.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #12
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chittlins View Post
Any of you following his development with the old Pyramid Arena in Memphis It'll be a store but with more than your typical one with observation deck overlooking the Mississippi and an arena floor to create a swamp. Oh, it's going to have around 60 cabin like rooms to stay in too. It'll be one great big pitch for Big Cedar.
Oh, you mean the project that MAY NOT happen?
http://www.memphisflyer.com/CityBeat...ss-pro-pyramid
Quote:
...now that the Bassmasters have admitted that this deal won't be done until late 2014, if ever.
Quote:
Could Bass Pro Pyramid become another AutoZone Park, where the bond holders took what is called "a haircut" and didn't get the payments they expected?
Quote:
That said, Bass Pro was supposed to be open late this year, so we're talking about several million in lost sales taxes if this store is the retail monster it is touted to be.
Quote:
So show your love and buy yourself a bond or two. If you can put your treasure in the promises of Johnny Morris and Robert Lipscomb and the retailing future of downtown Memphis for the next 17 years you've got a stronger stomach than I do.
Seems to be an all too familiar story these days. In other words. Believe it when you see it.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #13
Chittlins

Quote:
Oh, you mean the project that MAY NOT happen?
http://www.memphisflyer.com/CityBeat...ss-pro-pyramid

Seems to be an all too familiar story these days. In other words. Believe it when you see it.
Well, you went and found an article from the liberal weekly rag that gripes about all things and 6 months dated.

Bass Pro started it's portion of the project a few weeks back.

As for Autozone, the Cardianals appear to be taking ownership of the team and the bondholder is offering the cityto take ownership of the 86 million dollar park for 20 million with the Cardinals offering a commitment of 20 years worth of lease. The past week has brought the announcement of a Hilton Garden Inn and Holiday Inn Express right across the street from Autozone that will add 300 rooms to the area.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #14
Chittlins

I don't get how he pulls off lots of the incentives especially with increased expansion. To me, it's just become another big box retailer. Cabela's didn't get anything for building a store in NWA. BTW, how did Jonny let that happen in his back yard. Took them for granted, I guess. I don't think the store he finally built in Little Rock got lots of breaks.

The Pyramid is a different beast. I'm a bit disappointed in what's going in it, but the Pyramid never lived up to the original billing. Much of what was to be around it never materialized. It's 22,000 seats were very cramped, It's acoustics horrible for concerts with the vast open ceiling with the echo effect. Morris is supposedly going to open the observation deck with a restaurant up there. It originally was to be a Hard Rock. The city lost it's tail on the original deal, had to buy the University of Memphis share out when they built the Grizz an very fine arena in the FedEx Forum. Something that appears to be a win for the city. Other choices to do with the Pyramid was a mega church, and a proposal from a local marketer with a history at Busch Gardens pitching an indoor theme park with other developments on Mud Island. The timing was horrible as all of this started at the height of the recession.

The theme park that never was

Renderings of the Bass Pro

Last edited by Chittlins; 12-26-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #15
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chittlins View Post
Well, you went and found an article from the liberal weekly rag that gripes about all things and 6 months dated.

Bass Pro started it's portion of the project a few weeks back.

As for Autozone, the Cardianals appear to be taking ownership of the team and the bondholder is offering the cityto take ownership of the 86 million dollar park for 20 million with the Cardinals offering a commitment of 20 years worth of lease. The past week has brought the announcement of a Hilton Garden Inn and Holiday Inn Express right across the street from Autozone that will add 300 rooms to the area.
So you're saying you've purchased a bond or two? I hope it works out for you. My guess is it winds up like Wonders of Wildlife with the annual announcement that "it won't be done by the end of the year as we planned, but it will be done by the end of NEXT year."

Closed Thread